1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Advice on customers who were ripped off by previous consultant

1. I got a call from a lady who wanted to book a show. She said that she had a show a few months ago and had over $700 in sales and 7 bookings. The consultant who was doing her show took the checks and cash and ran. Now all of her friends are weary of ordering in fear of it happening again. I wanted to do something special for them to make things right and hopefully gain their trust. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks!

Feb 14, 2006
  2. Wow, that is awful! Did you call the company and discuss any of this with customer service? I would think that the host would have called them about this but sometimes people just don't know how to approach the situation. It may be that you can work with corporate to fix this situation to everyone's satisfaction. It seems to me that the consultant who did this should have charges against her filed for damages. No one should steal and get away with it.

Feb 14, 2006
  3. BethCooks4U

BethCooks4U Legend Member Gold Member

She obviously still trusts TPC or she wouldn't have called you. You could get a letter or two from past hosts expressing their satisfaction with your customer service and give it to her to share with her guests so they have a reason to trust you.

My guess is she did contact PC and they made good with them.

Feb 14, 2006
  4. Yes, they did contact PC. The show was never sent in so all PC did was give products to the peope who paid by cash and check....which is understandable. The people who paid by credit card just had worries that someone that stole all that money, now has their credit card information. The lady who wants to do a show was a past consultant so she knows its not PC's fault. Plus she told me that she loves the products so much, she just couldn't stay away! :)

Feb 14, 2006
  5. Recruit Her!!!

This would be a great way to have her guests feel comfortable! They would be purchasing from someone they know and she could possibly get a ton of bookings from this.

6. I would but she made it a point to tell me that she use to be a previous consultant but quit because she wanted to spend more time with her children.

Feb 15, 2006
Have something to add?