• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for First Timers: Navigating a Large Building with Ease

In summary, first timers should wear comfortable shoes, ask ahead of time where their next class is and how to find it, introduce themselves to everyone, its okay to ask a question during or at a workshop, stand up and share ideas, and eat right and get plenty of sleep before NC.
Chef Bobby
Gold Member
I thought it would be nice to share any advice to make everything as nice as possible for first timers.
1. Wear comfortable shoes for walking across that huge building.
2. Ask ahead of time where your next class is and how to find it. I got lost trying to get from one end of the building to the other. Some floors don't go all the way through.

3. Introduce yourself to everyone...you never know who you will meet.
4. Its okay to ask a question during/at a workshop. Others may have the same one!
5. Stand up and share ideas YOU have.

1.Don't be afraid to break away from your "group". Ask to share a lunch/breakfast table - meet some new people and get new ideas!

sit next to new people at every workshop
ask, ask, ask what other people are doing for booking, recruiting etc
set your personal goals and know what you want to achieve in your business, ask others how they "did it"
Be OPEN to new ideas, don't be afraid to try new things when you get home

PCJenni said:
sit next to new people at every workshop
ask, ask, ask what other people are doing for booking, recruiting etc
set your personal goals and know what you want to achieve in your business, ask others how they "did it"
Be OPEN to new ideas, don't be afraid to try new things when you get home

This is the main reason that I go to conference.

Eat right and get plenty of sleep before NC. NC is a bit of a whirlwind, so you want to make sure you're healthy and well rested before you go.

FILL YOUR CALENDER BEFORE CONFERNECE FOR THE WEEKS AFTER IT!! You are going to be full of new great ideas and want to start using them right away, if you have nothing on your calender for a month you will loose a bit of that fire.
**Plus there might be some kind of bonus/reward immediately following......

Great ideas; I'd love some more if anyone has them! I know Rae has an awesome daily update with ideas but I'm open to even more! :)

On day one, if you do the HO tour or are at the conference center around lunch time - there is a food court. It is on the side of the center where our classes are. I ate over by the registration and it was rather high, would have rather had McD's. :)

When you get home, or on the way home, go over your notes and set aside what you want to try out. There is so much info, it is easy to forget those great things you have learned if you don't look over them right away.

immediately following a workshop or when you're on a break, highlight the top 3 - 5 things you will apply to your biz. it will make it easier to sort thru your notes and actually use the info when you return.
make sure you eat something for lunch on day 1 and that you have a plan for dinner that night, as they are not provided by PC.
sit where you can see the presenter and screen. not every workshop provides handouts and sometimes the presentation does not match the handouts.
remember that EVERYONE started out at the same level, so you can achieve great things too!

Bring a snack, chocolate or gum and bring a water bottle, also bring your business cards.
I bring stamps to send a post card to my upcoming hostess, team members and to my family and send them out even if its from the airport on my way home. Its a great way for everyone to get excited about your trip home.

Great ideas; have to add a highlighter to my list of things to bring! I'm a nerd so I always try to sit upfront! ;) I haven't had the money to order business cards yet...I wonder how fast they could come if I do so this week?

dkitten13 said:
Great ideas; have to add a highlighter to my list of things to bring! I'm a nerd so I always try to sit upfront! ;) I haven't had the money to order business cards yet...I wonder how fast they could come if I do so this week?

why don't you make some, get the perforated ones from Office Max!!

My director told me to bring band aids in my folder . . cause you do so much walking that blisters are a common problem.

I just remembered...don't over pack, bring just what you need so you have room for supplies and for gifts also a backpack or large purse to help with carryon cost. I hope we get a conferance bag again, becasue that always helps. If you bring a small purse you can just pop it in your suitcase on your way home.
My biggest tip is to sleep on the plane, you will not have much sleep. Coming for California I lose 2 hours.

mscharf said:
why don't you make some, get the perforated ones from Office Max!!

I bought the perferated ones but can't seem to find a good place to create them...the one referred to from the package didn't work for me.

Any ideas?

Just try to do it in word and test print on a piece of white paper and see it they are lined up correctly before you print all

kisrae said:
I hope we get a conferance bag again, becasue that always helps. If you bring a small purse you can just pop it in your suitcase on your way home.

We will get a bag. In fact, it's been featured in a couple of notes from HO.

dkitten13 said:
I bought the perferated ones but can't seem to find a good place to create them...the one referred to from the package didn't work for me.

Any ideas?

Do you have word or works? What kind of labels did you buy? Do they have a style # on them? Biz cards are really easy to make, usually you have a template on your computer.

Is it a good idea NOT to carry the catalog tote bag on the plane or at conference? It's not like we need to advertise to each other. It's just that I'm so used to using it as my PURSE I wondered if it's easier to just carry a small purse and whatever conference bag we're given?

You're going to run into people beyond PC consultants while traveling and walking around town. No need to switch out just because we all have one too. The conference bag DOES have a catalog pouch on it, so you might just switch to that. Just don't leave your new catalog in the pouch after Closing session if you're in Wave 2...

You'll want to take a small purse, not the catalog tote. As a matter of fact, you may decide to simply carry the NC bag. It depends on whether you're like me and carry oodles of stuff all the time or a normal person who can get by with just a few things.

1. What products do you recommend for first timers?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, I highly recommend starting with our Kitchen Basics Set. This set includes essential tools like a chef's knife, cutting board, and measuring cups and spoons. It's a great starter kit for any home cook!

2. How can I learn how to use the products properly?

We offer a variety of resources for first timers, including online tutorials and in-person cooking demonstrations. You can also reach out to your consultant for personalized tips and advice on using our products.

3. Are there any tips for organizing and storing my Pampered Chef products?

To keep your kitchen organized, I recommend using our product storage solutions such as the Small Stackable Pantry Containers or the Deluxe Mini Cake Pan Storage Rack. These will help keep your products easily accessible and in good condition.

4. What is the best way to clean Pampered Chef products?

Most of our products are dishwasher safe, but for best results, I recommend hand washing with warm, soapy water. For tougher stains, try using our Non-Scratch Scrubber or the Kitchen Spritzer with our All-Purpose Cleaner.

5. Can I host a Pampered Chef party as a first timer?

Absolutely! Hosting a party is a great way to try out our products and earn free and discounted items. Your consultant will guide you through the process and provide tips for a successful party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Addie4TLC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Addie4TLC
  • pampchefsarah
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • PamperedGinger