• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tips for a Successful Craft Show: Marketing, Planning, and More!

In summary, for a craft show with a primarily homemade and craft product focus, it is important to plan carefully and consider specific tactics for marketing to this demographic. Some suggestions include bringing extra items to create height in your booth, having information available on various offers such as bridal showers and fundraisers, and offering recipe cards to anyone who passes by. It is also helpful to have some cash and carry items available, as well as creating gift sets with products to sell. Instead of pushing for sales, it may be more beneficial to focus on booking cooking shows and offering free gifts to attract potential hosts.
pamperedchef88
Gold Member
Ok so I have a craft show in two weeks that I will be setting up a booth at for PC. There are suppoused to be at least 200 people there and there are other vendors who do direct sales but primarily its crafts and homemade products. I have read many threads on booths but I think there may be some specific advice for this type of show that may be helpful to more then just me! For instance

What kinds of thing should I take into consideration when planning for this event?

What would be your suggestion for marketing to this demographic?

I am planning on having gift set samples there just to spark intrest. I will have virtually no cash n carry except for a few spices (maybe)

My goal is to get enough sales to qualify as a show but primarly my goal is for bookings and recruits.

Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

Here's my point of view on craft shows - you never know what you will get but the times you put a ton of work and effort into them, it never pays back. Over the years I've just set up a booth like I do a normal show (as far as products). I do bring some extra to create height - the stainless bowls stacked together, my crate on it's side, stackable cooling rack with DCB. I do bring information with me on our various offers - bridal showers, fundraisers, etc. I do not hand out catalogs, if they want one, they need to fill out the door prize slip and I will mail them one and follow up with them. I also do not do cash and carry except for what I have on hand but you have to be careful because some booths require you to collect the tax on them. I do not do "door prizes". I tell people who fill out a door prize slip that they will be in a drawing for a free kitchen show - everyone wins in the end. I had out recipe cards to everyone who passes by.

There is a ton of info on craft fairs on here and lots of opinions. I like having some cash n carry and have good luck knowing what do bring (mostly the obviously popular stuff). Or if I'm going to give PC as gifts, I may bring that. If I sell it, I just buy another. I also bring any PC stuff I don't want/use. And have been known to sell my own products...at the insisting of a customer who doesn't like to order anything :).

Main point is to get new names. I do a drawing for a gift certificate (redeemable through me). Makes it easy to get to them. Be happy, be friendly, don't stalk them (I fiddle with my booth a bit as people look). Enjoy it.

During the holidays, I do alot of craft/vendor fairs, host my own. I make up gifts with products to sale: Cookie mix with a scraper tied with a ribbon, simple additions with spices, soaps, candy, again wrapped and looks nice, I sale alot of the sm batter bowl with the ingredients ( cookie/brownie) mix in them, again wrapped, a put candy, coffee, hot chocolate, in the prep bowls, I tie the ice cream scoop to ice cream toppings ( now we have our own), I've been doing this for years and do well.

Donna Althoff said:
During the holidays, I do alot of craft/vendor fairs, host my own. I make up gifts with products to sale: Cookie mix with a scraper tied with a ribbon, simple additions with spices, soaps, candy, again wrapped and looks nice, I sale alot of the sm batter bowl with the ingredients ( cookie/brownie) mix in them, again wrapped, a put candy, coffee, hot chocolate, in the prep bowls, I tie the ice cream scoop to ice cream toppings ( now we have our own), I've been doing this for years and do well.

How much do you charge for the sets then?

My only advice about craft fairs is don't try to push sales. You'll get some sales, but what is more worth your time and theirs is to suggest a cooking show. People love free stuff and a craft show is the perfect opportunity for you to get bookings.

1. What are some tips for attracting customers to my booth at a craft show?

One way to attract customers is to have visually appealing displays that showcase your products. Offer samples or demonstrations to engage potential customers. Also, make sure to have clear signage with your business name and contact information.

2. How can I make my booth stand out among the other vendors at the craft show?

Consider creating a theme for your booth that ties in with your products. Use colorful decorations or unique props to grab attention. You can also offer exclusive discounts or promotions for customers who visit your booth.

3. What should I bring to a craft show to ensure a successful event?

Aside from your products, it is important to have plenty of business cards, order forms, and a way to accept payments (such as a credit card reader). Also, bring any necessary supplies for setting up and displaying your products, as well as snacks and water to stay energized throughout the day.

4. How should I price my products for a craft show?

Pricing can vary depending on the cost of materials and the time it takes to create each item. Consider the prices of similar products at the craft show and aim for a competitive but profitable price. You can also offer bundle deals or discounts for purchasing multiple items.

5. What is the best way to interact with customers at a craft show?

Be friendly and approachable. Greet customers as they pass by and engage them in conversation about your products. Offer information about your business and the story behind your products. It's also important to listen to customers' feedback and answer any questions they may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jules711
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Jules711
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • crissy11
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies