• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advice for a New "Catalogue" Recruit?

In summary, the recruiter is worried that the recruit might not qualify and wants to give her some advice on finding show bookings. The advice is to send out a letter asking for referrals. If the recruit doesn't qualify, she will be labeled a kit napper.
chefmelody
I have a recruit who wants to sign this week when I close her show. I am a little worried because she said she wants to be a "catalogue consultant," which was one of the options on the "Apron Comes in 5 Sizes" flyer I gave her. She asked what would happen if she didn't qualify, and I told her she wouldn't have to give back her kit, but I want her to qualify, of course!

Basically, she doesn't want to do cooking shows at all, and simply do catalogue sales. Is this possible? Has anyone had success with this? What advice should I give her?

just as good!!!For the first five months I was in the business I done nothing but catalog shows, and I make sure that all my recruits know that they do not have to do cooking shows...that terrifies some people...I have had 7 and 800 catalog shows so I'm not complaining if someone just wants to do that....as a matter of a fact....i have a recruit who just signed who will be strictly catalog and two more who are potential recruits who will be strictly catalog shows....

That's good to know! What advice would you have for her for finding show bookings, though, since she won't be having direct contact with guests at a show?

I would suggestI would suggest sending out a letter asking for referals! I sent this out to get more bookings. I only sent a couple out and one lady responded with 5 or 6 bookings for me! I give her $5.00 off at she show! It's not to much out of your pocket to offer that and she will benefit from the bookings

I always have a good laugh with any one who might not qualify by telling them "Now, if you don't qualify then you will be labled a "kit napper" and it's not a good thing...you don't want to be a "kit napper" do you?" It always gets them laughing and makes them know that "something" will happen if they don't qualify!:D :D :D :D :D :D

soonerchef said:
I always have a good laugh with any one who might not qualify by telling them "Now, if you don't qualify then you will be labled a "kit napper" and it's not a good thing...you don't want to be a "kit napper" do you?" It always gets them laughing and makes them know that "something" will happen if they don't qualify!:D :D :D :D :D :D

So, what exactly DOES happen if they don't qualify and go inactive? I haven't been able to find an answer for this anywhere, and my director didn't know.

Unfortunately nothing!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Just that all of us out here in TPC world know that they are unworthy of our knowledge and they don't deserve free stuff and that they are "kit nappers"!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Whoa...A kit napper is someone who signs up knowing that they're never going to even try to get qualified or never does a thing toward qualifying. There could be people without a support base who might not have a clue how to get started or how to keep going. Let's not do too much labeling - I know all too well how tough it is in the beginning! (Still know how tough it is to book!)

What is a "Catalogue" recruit?

A "Catalogue" recruit is a term used in the retail industry to refer to someone who is new to the world of catalogue sales and marketing. This person is typically responsible for promoting and selling products through catalogue mailings.

What skills are important for a "Catalogue" recruit?

Some important skills for a "Catalogue" recruit include strong communication and sales skills, as well as attention to detail and the ability to work independently. It is also helpful to have knowledge of marketing and customer service.

What should a "Catalogue" recruit know about the industry?

A "Catalogue" recruit should have a good understanding of the retail industry and the target audience for the products being sold. They should also be familiar with the company's catalogue and product offerings, as well as any current promotions or sales.

What challenges might a "Catalogue" recruit face?

One challenge that a "Catalogue" recruit may face is the need to constantly adapt to changing marketing strategies and technologies. They may also encounter difficulties in reaching and engaging with potential customers through catalogue mailings.

What tips do you have for succeeding as a "Catalogue" recruit?

Some tips for succeeding as a "Catalogue" recruit include staying organized, setting and tracking sales goals, and continuously learning about the industry and target audience. It is also important to have a positive attitude and strong work ethic to overcome any challenges that may arise.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • kittychef
  • Pampered Chef Recruiting
Replies
Views
heat123
  • cochef