• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advice About Spring Launch Please...

In summary, the author is new to Pampered Chef and is looking for advice on what to bring to Omaha. They are thinking about going, but are worried about what to expect. They suggest going, meeting people, and preparing yourself.
KelleyD
Hello! I am new to Pampered Chef, have only been with the company for about 45 days I think. I sold over 1500 last month and am fairly serious about making my place in this company. I dont work outside the house so I do have quite a bit of time to donate to it.

Here's my question... I have registered to go to Omaha and I have an idea of what to expect but am hoping you guys who have been with the company longer could give me a better picture of whats coming. I guess I'm not one who loves a surprise LOL. Things like, what do I need to take with me - I'm thinking paper, notebook, something to write on, that type thing. I just want to make sure Im prepared. When we are in there, are we usually sitting at a table or just chairs? Are there breaks during the day? Is it crazy loud in there? What was your favorite part? Really any information that helps me prepare myself - I'm going back and forth on going or not so please help me since my nerves have gotten the best of me.... and, thank you :)

Also, is there things there that we need money for other than meal costs and room/transportation costs? Like, do they sell things there?

no they don't sell things there....
you sit at tables and you can hear really good....
they usually provide a booklet to write on but i always bring paper and pen...
we break into small groups often so you just aren't sitting there listening...
you can bring snacks if you like....
they provide sodas, water, coffee....
they provide lunch....
GO!! you will NOT regret it!! and walk around and introduce yourself....you will make lots of friends and good contacts!!!

also....find out if anyone here is going to your Spring Launch so you can meet up...it's really fun!!
I can go this year because of surgery and will really miss it!!!!

I always take a pen and a pad of paper. They give you a pamphlet to write on, but it never seems to be enough room if you're a serious note taker like I am. There are usually several rows of tables in the room and there are scheduled breaks. There is also a provided lunch and beverages so no need to bring money to pay for that. If you are staying overnight in a hotel, of course you'll need money to pay for that and any other meals.I also take my contact list with me because it always seems that they throw a booking challenge in the lunch break for a prize. I don't think it gets that loud. It IS extremely energizing and usually the jump start some need to get back on track. You get to see the new products and put your hands on them and meet other successful consultants.I've been in this business for 2 years now and I would NOT miss Spring Launch for the world! You need to go, girl! Get a good idea of what this company is all about!

They do save a few surprises, so depending on what it is, you will see grown women (men arent as easily excited ;)) get very excited. Too funny.I bring a sweater, since I get easily chilled....so just in case it is cool, I can adjust. I bring my own water bottle, so that (1) it isnt easily spilled by people walking by ( my last SL the tables were a bit too close together so someone getting out of their table/seat at the table in front of me would sometimes bump my stuff), but (2) having my bottle saves ME having to get up often to refill water. I sip alot.I say go for it! Give in at least one try. Then if you do not care for it, you know and won't need to go again if you dont want. I enjoy it and it is motivating and you can learn alot by seeing others, both what PC has for us, and networking with those around you.

You may want to bring money if you want any extra beverages or something. For example, I am a Coke drinker, so if they serve Pepsi, I will be looking for a Coke machine. :)I wonder if Merrill will be there selling since we won't have a National Conference to buy from them?

Thanks everyone! Great tips :) Plus it seems like everyone is telling me what a great time it is so I will definately go and see what all the fuss is about LOL ;)
Thanks for that tip Debbie, I am a diet coke girl and I cannot/will not go all day without it so I better be prepared for that little emergency :). Maybe I can combine the "bring a water bottle" with the "bring coke money" ideas and just pack some diet cokes for the day! See? Problem solved! LOL...
Merrill, thats the name - I couldnt think of the name but thats the company I was thinking would have a table set up someplace with some goodies on it (hell, I would, thats a great chance to sell quite a bit of stuff to us!). Well, for those of you who will be there, my name is Kelley Davis - maybe we will run into each other! And thank you again for the tips, they really did help!

Packing your own diet cokes might be the way to go! LOL!One more tip--be outgoing. Sounds like you are going by yourself? When you sit down, take the initiative and introduce yourself to the people around you. Ask where they're from, how long they've been in business, what their #1 business tip would be. That is the day to NETWORK and ask people what they are doing that works! That's probably my favorite aspect of the day. :)

Kelly, I will be at the Omaha one too! I just signed up today, and i think I've been in the business ALMOST 90 days.
I'm coming from Des Moines hopefully with my cluster :)

You can also bring business cards, you might meet someone and exchange to keep in touch. They have always done some kind of drawing for the new spring products (they actually give away the ones they have displayed there). The first year 20 winners were the first 20 people to register, then they gave away random drawings and something else. Last year I think it was random for most of the drawings. So you may go home with a new spring product along with the ones that we get for going there.I always bring snacks. I eat every 2-3 hours so I need to keep myself from getting hungry. I have brought a small cooler with some veggies and other items in it. And my own water bottle because I drink so much water that the small glasses just don't cut it. The only break they have is lunch but you can use the bathroom or get a drink when you need to.I will be at the Omaha one also!

Wadesgirl, what part of Iowa are you from?

They did also tell us at New Director Academy in September (the day they announced there would be no National Conference) that Spring and Fall Launches would be more National Conference-like this year. More energetic and party-like, but I'm sure the "serious" training will be the majority of the day :)

Well I hope to meet you there! It's going to be a blast!!!

I love going to any meeting or conference that is being offered by PC. They are always filled with great infomation and training. I would agree that since National conference is not taking place they will bring up the energy at spring and fall launchs. I am also thinking to be prepaired with money just in case Merril will be there since like we said no national.

Shelby, get registered! LOL

Glad you are joining us Kelley! You won't be disappointed.

PS your director might just have a little goodie "snack" bag packed for you with pen/paper.

Register and go! You will not regret it and will get so excited for your business!

Sheila said:
Shelby, get registered! LOL

What do you mean? I am registered! I did it yesterday morning.

flemings99 said:
Glad you are joining us Kelley! You won't be disappointed.

PS your director might just have a little goodie "snack" bag packed for you with pen/paper.

LOL! Well thats fun! Maybe you could get word to her that her people think thats mighty sweet of her ;)

Yes, I'm excited to go, I almost chickened out, but you guys are very convincing!! So, its on and it's gonna be fun :) I'm all good now :chef:

I don't think Merrill will be there. They haven't been in the past. I would assume that would be quite a cost for them to go to all of the launches and have to take inventory with them. They will be at the September event in Denver though, I'm sure!

*BUMP* I am bumping this thread up for all of the new folks who have never been to a Launch before. This thread gives some TIPS on what to bring and be prepared, etc.

Have fun ya'll. This will be only the second PC conference event I've missed since being with PC.

1. How do I get my hands on the new Spring products?

To get your hands on the new Spring products, you can either attend one of our in-person Spring Launch parties or order directly from our website.

2. Can I see a preview of the new products before the Spring Launch?

Yes, you can view a sneak peek of the new products on our website or attend one of our virtual Spring Launch parties.

3. Will there be any special deals or promotions during the Spring Launch?

Yes, we will be offering special deals and promotions during the Spring Launch, including discounted bundles and limited-time offers on select products.

4. Are there any new recipes featuring the Spring products?

Yes, we have a variety of new recipes that showcase our Spring products, which will be available on our website and at our in-person Spring Launch parties.

5. Can I still purchase products from the previous season during the Spring Launch?

Yes, we will still have a selection of products from the previous season available for purchase during the Spring Launch. However, these products may be limited in quantity.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
angel7581
  • chefjeanine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • frozenchef