1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Advertising on craigslist

1. lisasfuncooking

lisasfuncooking Member

I have been looking to do a vendor fair. I went to Craigslist to look for one. I noticed that there were some DS consultants (not PC) that advertised booking a party. I didn't know if this was allowed. If I could put my name, # or email on? I know I can't use my web site. Or if they could just reply via craigslist, this way there is no contact information and I am notified via craigslist with there information. I am trying to get "out of the circle" with the same hosts. But I don't want to do anything that is not allowed.

2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

We are not allowed to advertise ourselves as Pampered Chef consultants anywhere on the internet except for our PWS, so Craigslist is not allowed.

Oct 28, 2009
  3. lisasfuncooking

lisasfuncooking Member

That's what I thought, just wanted to be sure. Thanks!

4. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Which reminds me I just saw someone on there yesterday posting about PC!

Oct 28, 2009
  5. outwhit420

outwhit420 Novice Member

Even though it is not allowed, there are a ton of listings that come up if you search Pampered Chef on Facebook. I did have it on mine until I heard that we were not supposed to do it, and then I took anything that mentioned Pampered Chef off of my page. I don't know how the company could possibly deal with all the non-authorized internet postings that are out there, but I am a person who abides by the rules. Having said that...a lot of my friends often post things on my wall which sometimes mention Pampered Chef, and there's really nothing I can do about that.

It is something that I wish the company would re-examine in the future now that these social networking sites are becoming so popular.

Just my thoughts!!!

Oct 28, 2009
  6. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

You can post on Craigslist and advertise free cooking classes or free cooking parties but not state that you are a PC consultant. Just say that you are a DS consultant for a company that sells kitchen products. If you are motivated to list on craigslist there are ethical ways to do without breaking the rules.

Oct 28, 2009
  7. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

I often see people selling PC products on Craig's but no party invites. Often it is discontinued or used products anyway. Frankly, I'd be scared about inviting strangers to my house!

Oct 28, 2009
  8. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

AMEN! Course...don't we kind of do that ANYway?? Sometimes we go to THEIR house....but you're right- you wouldn't know who would show up.

It's simply not worth it to me! And anymore, I don't care about those who break the rules. I follow the rules because it's the right thing to do.

Oct 28, 2009
  9. KimoMakano

KimoMakano Member Gold Member

ethical...without breaking the rules..

hmm, sounds like you are saying that there are ways to break rules that are acceptable. where do you draw the line?

just curious

Oct 28, 2009
  10. kdangel518

kdangel518 Advanced Member Gold Member

I do not think that breaking the rules are acceptable. In my post I said that there is a way to do it without breaking the rules.

Many people advertise on facebook and via other avenues in manners that DO break the rules. I am simply saying that there are ways that you can advertise on craigslist without breaking the rules. End of story.

Oct 28, 2009
  11. KimoMakano

KimoMakano Member Gold Member

I'm sorry, I am just trying to understand. It is against the rules to advertise on Craigslist, but you are saying that there are ways to advertise without breaking the rules. Isn't that breaking the rules?'

Oh, and please don't get angry with me for asking, seeing as how you posed the issue on a forum.

Oct 28, 2009
  12. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

Hmmm. Semantics at work.

Advertising "cooking classes" on craigslist is not breaking the rules. Advertising "Pampered Chef" on craigslist is breaking the rules. At some point if someone says they want your 'cooking class', you will tell them you represent the Pampered Chef. At that point, they have a choice to make. So - you are advertising, and you are not breaking the rules.

Except - what's the point? To come up with new leads? There are better ways to come up with better leads... like Cooking Shows! Previous guests at shows...past hosts...referrals. Or, (should I say it?) Pick up the proverbial phone.

Ours is a Relationship business. You don't begin relationships by folks responding to an ad on craigslist. The quality of your respondent would be much lower. You don't know their interest level, they don't have buy-in to the company as they would if they saw a show, it's just not as good.

IMnevertobeHO... Peace, all! -Scott

Oct 29, 2009
  13. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

There is no "ethical way" to break rules! We cannot use the internet to advertise our business period. As someone else said, I would be terrified of who could show up at my door if I advertised free cooking classes or parties...

Oct 29, 2009
  14. jj16

jj16 Member Gold Member

A couple of things on this. First I do understand where you are coming from on this. Count your blessings that your friends were willing to do some shows for you. My family and friends absolutely would not. My Dad when he was alive used to always tell me to take the high road. I have always tried to use this as a guide to my decisions. I do not believe this is taking the high road. Why would someone do something that is so close to crossing the line? Finally, as for myself I wouldn't want to advertise on Craigs list for safety reasons. There are some real strange people and I'm not willing to take that risk.

jj16

Oct 29, 2009
  15. mrshamel3808

mrshamel3808 Member Gold Member

When I first started I posted an ad on CL before I knew it was against policy. I never got any responses so I guess it didn't matter. I did hear from my director tho that PC is planning on revamping the policy and procedures regarding all the rules on the internet with the sky rocket of social networking to do business that's happening. YAY!

Oct 29, 2009
  16. I know as a PartyLite consultant you are allowed to advertise on CL. So if you see alot of PL advertisements , they are allowed. I'm glad to know that PC is different.

Oct 31, 2009
  17. pcnm2010

pcnm2010 Novice Member Gold Member

Where I reside, Education is feared, many are Severely Illiterate and Cannot Read.
    Those that can, use FB, CL and Twitter or Advertise on the Radio.
    Theya re the Only ways that locals can or will communicate.
    Even the Phone is considered Taboo where I reside.
    I know that sounds crazy, but that is the way things work here.
    Unfortunately, I would have to say PC on my Ads. Sorry. I cannot follow that Rule to the letter because of the conditions and the way things are where I reside. I know no other way to get the same message across.

Mar 31, 2010
Have something to add?