• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advertising on Craigslist: Tips for Vendor Fairs and Party Bookings

new leads.The point of advertising is to generate leads. If someone is interested in your classes, they will find out about it either way. Advertising is not the only way to generate leads.
lisasfuncooking
I have been looking to do a vendor fair. I went to Craigslist to look for one. I noticed that there were some DS consultants (not PC) that advertised booking a party. I didn't know if this was allowed. If I could put my name, # or email on? I know I can't use my web site. Or if they could just reply via craigslist, this way there is no contact information and I am notified via craigslist with there information. I am trying to get "out of the circle" with the same hosts. But I don't want to do anything that is not allowed.

We are not allowed to advertise ourselves as Pampered Chef consultants anywhere on the internet except for our PWS, so Craigslist is not allowed.

That's what I thought, just wanted to be sure. Thanks!

Which reminds me I just saw someone on there yesterday posting about PC!

Even though it is not allowed, there are a ton of listings that come up if you search Pampered Chef on Facebook. I did have it on mine until I heard that we were not supposed to do it, and then I took anything that mentioned Pampered Chef off of my page. I don't know how the company could possibly deal with all the non-authorized internet postings that are out there, but I am a person who abides by the rules. Having said that...a lot of my friends often post things on my wall which sometimes mention Pampered Chef, and there's really nothing I can do about that.

It is something that I wish the company would re-examine in the future now that these social networking sites are becoming so popular.

Just my thoughts!!!

You can post on Craigslist and advertise free cooking classes or free cooking parties but not state that you are a PC consultant. Just say that you are a DS consultant for a company that sells kitchen products. If you are motivated to list on craigslist there are ethical ways to do without breaking the rules.

I often see people selling PC products on Craig's but no party invites. Often it is discontinued or used products anyway. Frankly, I'd be scared about inviting strangers to my house!

Di_Can_Cook said:
I often see people selling PC products on Craig's but no party invites. Often it is discontinued or used products anyway. Frankly, I'd be scared about inviting strangers to my house!

AMEN! Course...don't we kind of do that ANYway?? Sometimes we go to THEIR house....but you're right- you wouldn't know who would show up.

It's simply not worth it to me! And anymore, I don't care about those who break the rules. I follow the rules because it's the right thing to do.

kdangel518 said:
You can post on Craigslist and advertise free cooking classes or free cooking parties but not state that you are a PC consultant. Just say that you are a DS consultant for a company that sells kitchen products. If you are motivated to list on craigslist there are ethical ways to do without breaking the rules.

ethical...without breaking the rules..

hmm, sounds like you are saying that there are ways to break rules that are acceptable. where do you draw the line?

just curious

I do not think that breaking the rules are acceptable. In my post I said that there is a way to do it without breaking the rules.Many people advertise on facebook and via other avenues in manners that DO break the rules. I am simply saying that there are ways that you can advertise on craigslist without breaking the rules. End of story.

kdangel518 said:
I do not think that breaking the rules are acceptable. In my post I said that there is a way to do it without breaking the rules.

Many people advertise on facebook and via other avenues in manners that DO break the rules. I am simply saying that there are ways that you can advertise on craigslist without breaking the rules. End of story.

I'm sorry, I am just trying to understand. It is against the rules to advertise on Craigslist, but you are saying that there are ways to advertise without breaking the rules. Isn't that breaking the rules?'

Oh, and please don't get angry with me for asking, seeing as how you posed the issue on a forum.

Hmmm. Semantics at work.Advertising "cooking classes" on craigslist is not breaking the rules. Advertising "Pampered Chef" on craigslist is breaking the rules. At some point if someone says they want your 'cooking class', you will tell them you represent the Pampered Chef. At that point, they have a choice to make. So - you are advertising, and you are not breaking the rules.Except - what's the point? To come up with new leads? There are better ways to come up with better leads... like Cooking Shows! Previous guests at shows...past hosts...referrals. Or, (should I say it?) Pick up the proverbial phone.Ours is a Relationship business. You don't begin relationships by folks responding to an ad on craigslist. The quality of your respondent would be much lower. You don't know their interest level, they don't have buy-in to the company as they would if they saw a show, it's just not as good.IMnevertobeHO... Peace, all! -Scott

kdangel518 said:

There is no "ethical way" to break rules! We cannot use the internet to advertise our business period. As someone else said, I would be terrified of who could show up at my door if I advertised free cooking classes or parties...

A couple of things on this. First I do understand where you are coming from on this. Count your blessings that your friends were willing to do some shows for you. My family and friends absolutely would not. My Dad when he was alive used to always tell me to take the high road. I have always tried to use this as a guide to my decisions. I do not believe this is taking the high road. Why would someone do something that is so close to crossing the line? Finally, as for myself I wouldn't want to advertise on Craigs list for safety reasons. There are some real strange people and I'm not willing to take that risk.jj16

When I first started I posted an ad on CL before I knew it was against policy. I never got any responses so I guess it didn't matter. I did hear from my director tho that PC is planning on revamping the policy and procedures regarding all the rules on the internet with the sky rocket of social networking to do business that's happening. YAY!

I know as a PartyLite consultant you are allowed to advertise on CL. So if you see alot of PL advertisements , they are allowed. I'm glad to know that PC is different.

Where I reside, Education is feared, many are Severely Illiterate and Cannot Read.
Those that can, use FB, CL and Twitter or Advertise on the Radio.
Theya re the Only ways that locals can or will communicate.
Even the Phone is considered Taboo where I reside.
I know that sounds crazy, but that is the way things work here.
Unfortunately, I would have to say PC on my Ads. Sorry. I cannot follow that Rule to the letter because of the conditions and the way things are where I reside. I know no other way to get the same message across.

1. How can I create an effective ad on Craigslist?

To create an effective ad on Craigslist, it is important to have a catchy title that will grab the attention of potential customers. Make sure to include clear and detailed descriptions of the product or service being offered, as well as high-quality images. It is also helpful to include keywords and relevant tags in your ad to make it easier for people to find. Additionally, be sure to include contact information and a call to action at the end of your ad.

2. Is it free to advertise on Craigslist?

Yes, it is free to post an ad on Craigslist. However, there are some categories and locations that require a small fee for posting. You can find more information about fees on the Craigslist website.

3. Can I post the same ad in multiple cities on Craigslist?

Yes, you can post the same ad in multiple cities on Craigslist. However, it is important to make sure that your ad is relevant to the location you are posting in and follows the guidelines for that specific area.

4. How can I make my ad stand out on Craigslist?

To make your ad stand out on Craigslist, you can use features such as bold or highlighted text, images, and video. Additionally, regularly updating your ad and responding promptly to inquiries can help make your ad more visible and appealing to potential customers.

5. Can I track the success of my Craigslist ad?

While Craigslist does not offer built-in tracking for ads, you can use external tools such as Google Analytics or Bitly to track the number of clicks and responses your ad receives. You can also use unique URLs or phone numbers in your ad to track the effectiveness of your Craigslist advertising.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• emiscookin
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Laura4
  • melissa3026
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • txtrina