• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Advertising- Chamber of Commerce?

Being a member of a Chamber of Commerce can be beneficial to your business. Joining the Chamber can allow you to participate in monthly networking events, as well as other events throughout the year. Joining a Chamber can also be beneficial if you are looking to do business with other members. Being a member of a Chamber can be expensive, but it can be worth it if you are looking to expand your business.
esavvymom
Staff member
I was wondering....are we able to join an area Chamber of Commerce?
I don't even know yet if I COULD join- if they have their own rules about a business like mine being in the CoC, but I thought before I started down that road, I'd see what other's may have found out.

Sorry- I'd search the posts, but I've already wasted about 2 hrs on the forums for today, and I REALLY need to accomplish something..so I'm going to post and run (or try :) ).

I live in 'small-town' America, but we're on the outskirts of two bigger towns/cities. So alot of people are coming out this way. I know the CoC hosts various events and expos in the year, plus I know the small towns are CHEAP to join up with. Wasn't sure how that fit with advertising. I'm not yet "qualified", but should be by the end of October anyway.

Appreciate the feedback.

I live in a decent size town, and I inquired but really the $$ i have to invest I feel would not really be worth it. Esp. since I can sign up for Chamber Events if I am not a member--a little higher cost to do a fair or soemthing but I am not tied down. (To join it was about $200 if I recall) and I can do so much more with that $$ personally).

You can do the advertising yourself different ways---and get the same success. Give that a try first before joining your chamber. (Just my opinion!)

Chambers can be pricy but are allowed by PC.

Being a chamber member will only benefit you if you attend and participate in their events.

The value of having a Chamber membership lies in your ability to participate in the monthly mixers and small business networking events. I have the flexibility to attend to events (no children), and my membership (@$225) has been worth it to me. It took awhile to establish myself as a bonafide small business owner in the eyes of some folks, but it has worked out. It's generated several shows and a great team member. I'm moving and just joined the chamber in my new town....was thrilled to find out they had a lower rate for home based businesses ($150 verses $225).

Here's two options that generally don't cost anything:

- Local businesswomen's groups. Many towns have an ad hoc group of female small business owners that get together for lunch every month. Everyone has the opportunity to give a 30 second commercial. It's not only a nice way to gain potential customers, but it's sometimes just nice to bond with other women working their businesses.

- Check out meetup.com. One of the categories is 'small business'. You may find a group that works for you.

I joined my small town chamber for $34.00, sine I joined late in the year membership was not that much otherwise I'd have to pay $65.00 for the year. I not only get the mixers envite but information about upcoming events in my area to get my name out there. I can leave my information and catalogs at the chamber for people to take. I can also advertise with the chamber, I just used Merrill's ad that HO approved and confirmed with HO and all is well. I think it's worth it. Especially if your in a small area.

1. What is the purpose of advertising with the Chamber of Commerce?

Advertising with the Chamber of Commerce allows businesses to reach a larger audience and gain exposure within their local community. It also helps to establish credibility and trust with potential customers.

2. How can I advertise with the Chamber of Commerce?

To advertise with the Chamber of Commerce, you can become a member and take advantage of their various advertising opportunities such as sponsoring events, placing ads in their newsletters or on their website, and participating in their marketing campaigns.

3. Is advertising with the Chamber of Commerce expensive?

The cost of advertising with the Chamber of Commerce varies depending on the specific opportunities you choose. However, becoming a member is typically more cost-effective than individual advertising options and also provides additional benefits and networking opportunities.

4. Can businesses of any size advertise with the Chamber of Commerce?

Yes, businesses of all sizes can advertise with the Chamber of Commerce. They offer a range of options to fit different budgets and advertising goals.

5. Will advertising with the Chamber of Commerce guarantee an increase in sales?

Advertising with the Chamber of Commerce can help increase brand awareness and exposure, but it does not guarantee an immediate increase in sales. It is important to have a solid marketing strategy in place and to consistently engage with potential customers to see results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• thechefofnorthbend
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Saturday Gourmet
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Saturday Gourmet
  • ChefSandyK