• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Christmas Donation: 29 Minute & Simply Sweet Cookbooks for Adopted Family

;)I totally agree with you KristenI'm with Kristen & Jodi on this one. I would not label the gifts or put in any marketing material. (Unless you are willing to donate a New Consultant Kit to help her get her new business up & off the ground. Then she would DEFINITELY need to know who to call! :D)As tempting as it is to promote our business, I agree with refraining on advertising on this gift.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
The place I work out at (and will be training soon :eek:) has adopted a family for Christmas. The mom wants some cookbooks. I was thinking of one of the 29 minute cookbooks but I wasn't sure what else to get her. I thought maybe both of them. Or one and the Simply Sweet Cookbook. Any thoughts?

Weekday Dinners Done cards. If it's a family that requires "adopting" they would probably appreciate meals they can make quickly and on a budget.

Weekday Dinners Done and All the best are my votes

kcjodih said:
Weekday Dinners Done and All the best are my votes

Me too - love All the Best.

Definately the Weekday Dinners Done & WDDMore sets. I have both and I can tell you've we've saved a bundle! For a family thats in need - they need this!

Actually when I talked to my sister, that's what she suggested too! So I got her both and was going to through a few other items in there for her. Do you think it would be tacky for me to throw in a business card?

wadesgirl said:
Actually when I talked to my sister, that's what she suggested too! So I got her both and was going to through a few other items in there for her. Do you think it would be tacky for me to throw in a business card?

Not at all - I would put something in about stocking their kitchen for free and discounted by hosting a cooking show. Make a little coupon for a free cooking show and provide the ingredients for it.

wadesgirl said:

My personal opinion, but it's just me, is I wouldn't put a card in. To me, this is about gift giving of a family in need, not about promoting business. I may be in the minority here on that perspective, but that is my feeling.

I also wonder if you put a card in, if it would look like you were just grabbing free stuff off your shelf (I know that isn't how it is) and giving to her as leftovers, versus putting some thought into the gifts and giving to her. Does that make sense?

minirottie said:
My personal opinion, but it's just me, is I wouldn't put a card in. To me, this is about gift giving of a family in need, not about promoting business. I may be in the minority here on that perspective, but that is my feeling.

I also wonder if you put a card in, if it would look like you were just grabbing free stuff off your shelf (I know that isn't how it is) and giving to her as leftovers, versus putting some thought into the gifts and giving to her. Does that make sense?

I totally agree with you Kristen

I'm with Kristen & Jodi on this one. I would not label the gifts or put in any marketing material. (Unless you are willing to donate a New Consultant Kit to help her get her new business up & off the ground. Then she would DEFINITELY need to know who to call! :D)

As tempting as it is to promote our business, I agree with refraining on advertising on this gift. I work for our local Christmas Bureau and so many of the families are really, really in need and are very appreciative for what they get. It is very heartwarming. The cookbooks are very nice to donate--and perhaps a bamboo spoon?

What is the "Adopted" Family Donation program?

The "Adopted" Family Donation program is a way for Pampered Chef consultants and customers to give back to families in need during the holiday season. Through this program, we adopt families and provide them with gifts, food, and other necessities to make their holiday season a little brighter.

How can I participate in the "Adopted" Family Donation program?

There are a few ways you can participate in the program. As a consultant, you can choose to adopt a family and collect donations from your customers. You can also donate money or products directly to the program. As a customer, you can purchase products from our designated "Adopted" Family Donation catalog, where a portion of the proceeds will go towards supporting the program.

How are the families selected for this program?

Our "Adopted" families are nominated by local organizations, such as schools, churches, and non-profit organizations. These families are often facing financial hardships and are unable to provide gifts for their loved ones during the holidays. We strive to select families who are in the most need of support.

What types of donations are accepted for this program?

We accept both monetary and product donations for the "Adopted" Family Donation program. Monetary donations are used to purchase gifts and necessities for the families, while product donations are often used for gift baskets or as prizes for holiday events. All donations, big or small, are greatly appreciated.

When is the deadline to participate in the "Adopted" Family Donation program?

The deadline to participate in the program varies each year, but it is typically in mid to late November. This allows us enough time to gather all donations and distribute them to the families before the holiday season begins. We encourage early participation to ensure we can support as many families as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • scottcooks
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef