• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

"Adopted" family donation

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
The place I work out at (and will be training soon :eek:) has adopted a family for Christmas. The mom wants some cookbooks. I was thinking of one of the 29 minute cookbooks but I wasn't sure what else to get her. I thought maybe both of them. Or one and the Simply Sweet Cookbook. Any thoughts?

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
Weekday Dinners Done cards. If it's a family that requires "adopting" they would probably appreciate meals they can make quickly and on a budget.

kcjodih

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 20, 2005
Weekday Dinners Done and All the best are my votes

ShelbyMichalek

Veteran Member
Dec 20, 2009
Definately the Weekday Dinners Done & WDDMore sets. I have both and I can tell you've we've saved a bundle! For a family thats in need - they need this!

wadesgirl

Legend Member
Gold Member
Jul 25, 2007
Actually when I talked to my sister, that's what she suggested too! So I got her both and was going to through a few other items in there for her. Do you think it would be tacky for me to throw in a business card?

ShelbyMichalek

Veteran Member
Dec 20, 2009
Actually when I talked to my sister, that's what she suggested too! So I got her both and was going to through a few other items in there for her. Do you think it would be tacky for me to throw in a business card?

Not at all - I would put something in about stocking their kitchen for free and discounted by hosting a cooking show. Make a little coupon for a free cooking show and provide the ingredients for it.

minirottie

Advanced Member
Sep 9, 2010

My personal opinion, but it's just me, is I wouldn't put a card in. To me, this is about gift giving of a family in need, not about promoting business. I may be in the minority here on that perspective, but that is my feeling.

I also wonder if you put a card in, if it would look like you were just grabbing free stuff off your shelf (I know that isn't how it is) and giving to her as leftovers, versus putting some thought into the gifts and giving to her. Does that make sense?

kcjodih

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Feb 20, 2005
My personal opinion, but it's just me, is I wouldn't put a card in. To me, this is about gift giving of a family in need, not about promoting business. I may be in the minority here on that perspective, but that is my feeling.

I also wonder if you put a card in, if it would look like you were just grabbing free stuff off your shelf (I know that isn't how it is) and giving to her as leftovers, versus putting some thought into the gifts and giving to her. Does that make sense?

I totally agree with you Kristen

Sheila

Legend Member
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
I'm with Kristen & Jodi on this one. I would not label the gifts or put in any marketing material. (Unless you are willing to donate a New Consultant Kit to help her get her new business up & off the ground. Then she would DEFINITELY need to know who to call! :D)

gailz2

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2007
As tempting as it is to promote our business, I agree with refraining on advertising on this gift. I work for our local Christmas Bureau and so many of the families are really, really in need and are very appreciative for what they get. It is very heartwarming. The cookbooks are very nice to donate--and perhaps a bamboo spoon?