• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using Adobe Reader 9: How to Copy and Paste Images

In summary, the conversation revolved around the Adobe Reader software and how to use the snapshot tool to copy and paste images from a PDF file. The participants shared tips and instructions on how to locate and use the tool, with one person expressing gratitude for the help. They also discussed winding down after a show and one person jokingly urged another to go to bed.
byrd1956
Gold Member
Before I had to have my laptop completely reinstalled I had an Adobe Reader that had the camera function. I could take a pic. and paste to a word doc. then make text boxes to cover things I wanted to change. Now I have Adobe Reader 9. I have searched for the pic function and would think since it is a newer version it would have it, but no luck yet. Anyone know how to find the copy function on it? Thanks!

It's there. It's been a while since I added it, but I think you right click on the tool bar. Then you can see and add it.

Rae?

What are you still doing up?

Go to bed, woman!:p

I'm headed that way. I just got home from a show and needed to wind down a bit.

raebates said:
I'm headed that way. I just got home from a show and needed to wind down a bit.

Gotcha! I'm that way after a show too. Hope it went well!

Go to tools, Select and zoom, snapshot tool

Thank you so much Sandy! It worked great!
robyn

I am again having a problem with this. I have gone to the following link at the PC site (https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/hs_09jun.pdf) and cannot find the snapshot tool under tools. Am I just blind tonight?? It seems like it is only showing tools for Internet Explorer.... any able to give me some wise words?

You're looking too far to the top. Look just above the image in the window.

Just above the window has a printer icon, a disk icon, a share doc icon,a create a pdf icon, an arrow up, an arrow down then the page #, a -, a +, and then the viewing %, then a scroll page icon and a show one page at a time icon. The last thing says find, but when I open it there is nothing there about the camera tool. When I had to have my laptop restored earlier this year I think they put on a newer version of Adobe Reader, but I am sure I have copied the specials since then and put the info. in a word doc. Heavens, I must be going crazy!

You're looking for snapshot. The icon for it will be a camera. I'll see if I can find it myself to give you a little more direction. Be patient. It takes my system a while to open PDFs.

Found it. Right click just to the right of where it tells you the % of zoom. About 3/4 of the way down (the bottom of the first list) is "Snapshot Tool." Click on that.To use it, click on the camera icon. Then place your cursor at the top left corner of what you want to copy. Click and hold while you select all that you want to copy. It will change color. When you release the button, you'll have copied that part. You can then past it into whatever you're pasting it into.

Ya what she said ;)

Rae, You are a GENIUS!!! :D:cheerleader::cheerleader:
I am blind...I did not see that little verticle dotted area to even click on. Now, if only I can remember for the future. (I think I'll send an e-mail to myself with directions!!:eek:) Thank you.

I appreciate your praise, but I don't deserve the credit. I subscribed to something a while back that arrives via PDF. They had excellent instructions for copying portions of the PDF file for use elsewhere.

What is Adobe Reader?

Adobe Reader is a free software program developed by Adobe that allows users to view, print, and annotate PDF files.

How do I download Adobe Reader?

You can download Adobe Reader for free from the Adobe website. Simply go to www.adobe.com and click on the "Download" button for Adobe Reader. Follow the prompts to complete the installation process.

Is Adobe Reader compatible with all operating systems?

Yes, Adobe Reader is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems.

Can I edit PDF files using Adobe Reader?

No, Adobe Reader is primarily used for viewing and printing PDF files. If you need to edit PDF files, you will need to purchase Adobe Acrobat.

Is Adobe Reader safe to download?

Yes, Adobe Reader is a trusted and safe software program. However, as with any software download, it is important to ensure you are downloading from a reputable source and to always have antivirus software installed on your computer.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jrstephens
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • monica_sweetconsultant
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
monica_sweetconsultant
  • pcjenkunkel