• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Adjustable Scoop - Liquid or Solids? Leaks?

In summary, the adjustable scoop does not hold liquids, and the older white adjustable scoop does not measure liquids.
beepampered
Will the adjustable scoop hold liquid or is it just for solids? I have a customer who has her scoop leaking liquid if she puts some in - is that not how it should work? Thanks.

I tried liquid in it and it doesn't work. You would have to use the measure-all.

Thanks. I'm glad I won't have to do a product adjustment. It seems like the measuring spoons work fine with liquid - correct? Thanks.

The measuring spoons that have the grey adjustable thingy are liquid tight. If you have the older white adjustable thingy (technical term :) ) then they are not liquid tight!

cmdtrgd said:
The measuring spoons that have the grey adjustable thingy are liquid tight. If you have the older white adjustable thingy (technical term :) ) then they are not liquid tight!

Glad to know that I'm not the only one who uses "thingy" as a descriptive word!!;) :D

My new measuring spoons leak as well. I am not really impressed with them. The old ones were horrible but these are not leak proof either. You have to be real careful with them.

So the new ones should be liquid-tight? Guess, I need to do a product adjustment although it's past 30 days - sigh.

What is the difference between a liquid cup and a solid cup? Thanks.

My director tells people to push down on the grey part of the spoons when measuring liquids. This will help keep the seal tight. I don't have the new adjustable scoop, I just have the old one, which does not measure liquids at all. I wonder if pushing down on the scoop would help in measuring liquids?

I don't like the adjustable measuring scoop, the gray "thingy" is hard to move back and forth and seems kind of cheap. It's the only PC item I own that I don't like, and the only product I have ever seen from PC that didn't seem like good quality!! Maybe it's just me or I got a bummer one.

Last edited:
Not a big fan of the Adjustable Scoop myself...

I have the adjustable spoons and the measuring cup. I have had problems with liquids. so I use mine for solids only. I like the spoons, but the measuring cup is blah! Waste of money in my opinion. I mention the scoop, but I highlight the spoons more at my shows.

No matter how tightly I push down on the gray part, mine all leak. I'm very unsatisfied with them. How am I supposed to tell people to buy them when I don't like them? Before I got mine, I told at every show how PC listened to the complaints of people saying that the old plastic ones leaked, so they made these leakproof and now mine leak. I feel like I lied.
I just don't even talk about them anymore. Now I talk about the easy read measuring cups.
Kristy

Just a little FYI....Liquid measure and Dry Measure are different, so the scoop shouldn't be used for measuring liquids in the first place;). We have the Easy Read Measuring Cups, or the Measure-All Cup for that! This is something I mention at all my shows - I usually say something like "If you are using the same measuring cup for liquids and dry ingredients, and wondering why your baked goods always come out too dry - this may be why". Usually about 25% of the crowd already knows this, and the rest are amazed! (and I sell alot of measuring tools!)

I dislike using this scoop so much that it has become the official "dog food measuring cup"! I find it clumsy, I always suggest the Measure All and the Easy Read instead! And the Mini Easy Read is the best measuring device I have seen for small amounts of liquids in ages.

Becky,

Thanks for the FYI on the scoops. I don't have the Easy Read Measuring Cups, so I need to add those to my collection. I really like them, and I have wanted to get them ever since I saw them (before I became a PC consultant). I was having the same problem with the scoops, so I was wondering if it was operator error or a problem with the scoop.

The product use and care guide states that it "measures dry ingredients". I have people ask me all the time if they can use if for liquid and I just recommend the measure all cup or the new measuring cups.

What is the adjustable scoop used for?

The adjustable scoop is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for both liquid and solid ingredients. It is perfect for measuring and portioning out items such as batter, cookie dough, and even soup.

Does the adjustable scoop leak?

No, the adjustable scoop is designed with a tight seal that prevents any leaks. This makes it ideal for measuring and scooping liquids without any mess or spills.

How do I adjust the scoop for different measurements?

To adjust the scoop for different measurements, simply slide the handle to the desired measurement on the side of the scoop. This allows for precise and accurate measuring every time.

Is the adjustable scoop dishwasher safe?

Yes, the adjustable scoop is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend handwashing it to preserve the longevity of the product.

Is the scoop made of durable material?

Yes, the adjustable scoop is made of high-quality, durable materials that are built to last. It can withstand frequent use in the kitchen and is designed to be a long-lasting kitchen tool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Becca_in_MD
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • JulieHaak
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ChefRiGuy