• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are Adjustable Measuring Spoons Really Convenient for Everyday Cooking?

In summary, the adjustable measuring spoons are not very convenient for the user and are difficult to sell.
PamperYourKitchen
Question on the adjustable measuring spoons...
It's really hard for me to sell these! I have them, and I don't really find them that convenient at all. They don't fit into the spice containers, or even into the bottles of the PC spices once you've taken then lids off.
I was using them at a show last night, and had to try and quicky shake the spice into the measuring spoon so no one saw that it really doesn't fit. I did play up that they new versions of these spoons do have the rubber slide so they hold liquids better, and people seemed to like that.
Any suggestions?

Use them to learn to love themWhen I have a tool that I'm not thrilled with or am not sure about I just use others and don't use them at a show unless I NEED to. If someone asks about them I ask if anyone of the other guests have used them and let them talk about it. If no one says anything I just parrot what the catalog says about it and say that we have over 250 tools in our line and that's just not one I've used very much or something similar.

I have used the adjustable spoons and like them for some things and not for others. I talk about the things I like to use them for and that there are only 2 for all the different sizes. If someone mentions issues like you measure I honestly say that I do have other measuring spoons in my kitchen for some other uses but these do work for most. I only volunteer that kind of information if I'm pressed. That being said, I do make myself use products that aren't my favorites and I usually find that after a while I DO learn to like them! For instance I didn't like the adjustable scoop at all before but now I find that I reach for it a lot more lately for LOTS of reasons!

Last edited:
Great Tip!!!I have also found this to be an issue for me, but not anymore!!! I use the smaller adjustable spoon, which fits in the spices, and spoon the spice into the larger adjustable spoon!! (I do this at home as well as my shows) I have found this to be very helpful in front of my guests-I don't show frustration with the product!! I have also emphasized to my guests, that I use the older style for all of my dry ingredients, and the newer style for all of my liquid measurements. This way they don't feel they have to get rid of the older style!!!! Hope this helps!!!

Dawn Schreiber
Independent Kitchen Consultant
for the Pampered Chef
Battle Creek, IA

I agreeI agree about selling a product that you are not "in love" with. I personally do love the meas spoons, but I do not care for other products. I simply do not try to sell them. If someone asks about it I tell them the basics, but I will also tell them that I don't use it and why. I would rather be honest than sell something and then have the customer call me saying they don't like it either and want help useing it. Sometimes people buy it anyway and it works for them and sometimes not. Just my opinion...

I totally agree with Michelle....I tell people about the features if they ask, but I also tell them it is not on my favorite list and why. Whenever anyone asks about the spritzer, I tell them how they can use it, but it is not one of my favorites because it clogs for me.

Another useI use my measuring spoons for measuring medicine for my children, something I do find them useful for. Maybe if you can think of good "extra" uses, you can mention them during your show instead of trying to feel enthusiastic about a product that just doesn't "do it" for you.
D.C.

Thanks for the medicine tip. I wouldn't have thought of that! :)

Hi there! As a fellow consultant, I completely understand your struggle with selling the adjustable measuring spoons. However, I have found that with a little creativity, they can be quite convenient for everyday cooking. Have you tried using them for measuring out ingredients like flour or sugar, where you can simply level off the excess with the back of a knife? This eliminates the need to fit the spoon into a container or bottle. Also, have you showcased how they can easily adjust to different measurements, saving time and space in the kitchen? And don't forget to mention the rubber slide feature for liquids, as you mentioned. It's all about finding the right selling points and demonstrating how they can make cooking a little easier. Keep up the great work!

1. How do I adjust the measuring spoons?

To adjust the measuring spoons, simply slide the tab on the side of the spoon to the desired measurement. The spoon will lock into place for accurate measuring.

2. Are the measuring spoons easy to clean?

Yes, the adjustable measuring spoons are designed for easy cleaning. They are dishwasher safe or can be hand washed with warm soapy water.

3. What measurements do the spoons offer?

The adjustable measuring spoons can measure in increments of 1/8 teaspoon, 1/4 teaspoon, 1/2 teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, and 1 tablespoon.

4. Are the measurements on the spoons accurate?

Yes, the adjustable measuring spoons are designed to provide accurate measurements. The sliding tab allows for precise measuring without any guesswork.

5. Can I use the measuring spoons for both wet and dry ingredients?

Yes, the adjustable measuring spoons are suitable for measuring both wet and dry ingredients. The spoons are made with durable materials that can withstand various ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krzymomof4
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • RossDeb2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • LeslieSGI