• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some recommended products to add to my starter kit?

In summary, the conversation revolved around discussing the add-on kit of products that can be purchased, and the importance of shopping wisely at the beginning. The participants shared their experiences and recommendations for "must-have" and "highly recommended" products to add to a starter kit, including the Deep Covered Baker, Salad Chopper, Fluted Stoneware Pan, and Tool Turn About. The group also discussed the practicality and usefulness of the Quick Stir Pitcher, Grill Basket, and Bamboo Bowls. The conversation concluded with excitement and appreciation for the ideas and opinions shared.
Melissa78
Gold Member
Here I am to pick your brains again...

I have read on here about the add-on kit of products that you can purchase. I want to ensure that I shop wisely at the beginning (before I go all out on my true wish list) I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to:

1.What is included in that kit (sorry I don't have access yet) and how much does it cost?

2. From your experience, what do you recommend as either "must have's" or "highly recommended" products to add to my starter kit? I'm thinking both items that I may want to showcase based on time of year (ie: now I'm thinking Grill Basket, a bamboo bowl and a quick stir pitcher for summer) but then I'm sure there are the items that really sell if you demo with them (I read a lot about the fluted stoneware for micro cakes))

Thanks so much! Hope you all had a great weekend! :cool:

Tool turn about, was the best investment.

Deep Covered Baker. PC has so many recipes centered around this product alone- as well as THEMEs, plus what creative consultants have come up with....it's a must have in my opinion.If you check out this thread (http://http://www.chefsuccess.com/f3/i-n-c-r-e-d-b-l-e-call-52290/, you can see one reason why. And maybe the 'salad chopper' to go with it (again, explained in the thread).I personally wouldn't have the Grill Basket for my kit- because unless you plan on BBQ/demoing with it, it will sell itself to those who want it. I've sold several this week for Father's Day, and I've yet to see it myself. :D I love my Bamboo bowls, and people love to see them. Haven't sold many yet though. The Pitcher- is always handy to have so you can make up beverages at your shows though. It's a practical item to have in the kit.

I agree with Bobbi....Deep Covered Baker, I'd also add Salad Chopper and Stoneware Fluted Pan. If you can, add 1-2 seasonings (Southwestern and Jamaican Jerk Rub for example). Wadesgirl is right, the tool turn about will save you lots of headaches and will have the guests playing with it. It's cool to see that our food chopper fits in the top....most guests love that.

Those 3 will be the work horses of your shows. Later you can add as you personally see fit.

Love the ideas. I had the turn about on my list as it was one of my original PC items I added to my kitchen 11yrs ago. My poor old white one still holds a ton of my gadgets on my counter (just doesn't spin as well these days). I thought that would make it easy to carry stuff in anyhow and boy o boy I did not know about the chopper fitting in the top (gonna check that out on my own!) Who woulda' thunk? :)

Sounds like the salad choppers are popular yet I never considered those on my list (goes back to the girl that doesn't eat much veggies so no need for anything related to salad. Ha!) This is why I love others ideas and opinions b/c if I go by my own, I may not be going down the right road.

I also saw that the consultant at the party I was at had a groovy bag to carry the tool turn about in - liking the ideas of that so that I don't spill everything in the back of the car.

Keep the ideas flowing. I love to see what you have to say. You all rock! :cool:

Melissa78 said:
Love the ideas. I had the turn about on my list as it was one of my original PC items I added to my kitchen 11yrs ago. My poor old white one still holds a ton of my gadgets on my counter (just doesn't spin as well these days). I thought that would make it easy to carry stuff in anyhow and boy o boy I did not know about the chopper fitting in the top (gonna check that out on my own!) Who woulda' thunk? :)

That's exactly the reaction I get when my gets see it on the counter...."oooh, the chopper fits there!?! I need one of those!" I then explain that they'll be reaching for all their PC goodies including the chopper because it's near at hand. :D

Sounds like the salad choppers are popular yet I never considered those on my list (goes back to the girl that doesn't eat much veggies so no need for anything related to salad. Ha!) This is why I love others ideas and opinions b/c if I go by my own, I may not be going down the right road.

I first thought the salad chopper was cool, but so unnecessary. My director had suggested it, but I waited a while.....silly me, I know how awesome my director is and still I didn't listen! lol Well, since I got them, I use them ALL the time....they are great and convenient for salads...but they are FAB for making quick pico-de-gallo....that's a big thing here in San Antonio. You toss big chunks of tomatoes, big chunks of onion, some peppers and cilantro then go to town with the salad chopper! So much fun, and super easy! PLUS, you use them to cut your chicken and pork....look at Easy Chicken Fajitas in the DCB in the files section of CS.....I also let my 6 year old son use them to help me when we're cooking....if your child can use scissors, then he can use these. With the plastic scoops, it's pretty difficult for them to hurt themselves....of course, make sure a grown up is around and that they know NOT to put their fingers near the blade!:p Another great thing is that there is no need to sharpen them because the blades are serrated and it comes with a Lifetime Guarantee...what's not to love, and see how easy it is to sell? :eek: I have arthritis, so on bad days, I can't use the food chopper....these are easier for me to grip and use...I position the salad chopper upright and squeeze....kind on like those hand exercise gadgets.....so, yes if you can afford it, I think you may like it in your arsenal of goodies. :D

I also saw that the consultant at the party I was at had a groovy bag to carry the tool turn about in - liking the ideas of that so that I don't spill everything in the back of the car.

The tool turnabout tote ROCKS! It was my first "I want" when I joined....you can invert your classic batter bowl at the base, then put your tool turnabout on top. Makes it easier to put in and take out of the bag, plus it stores your batter bowl too.

Just be sure you do get the DCB and the Stoneware Fluted Pan....you can make ALL sorts of recipes with these two, and they're wow items when you pair them with a micro! LOVE the Pineapple Upside Down Cake....10-11 minutes in the micro.....pretty and delicious....

Let me know what you do get....I love knowing what and why people buy!:
blushing:

Hate to be a bummer, but I HATE the salad choppers. Two of my customers have mentioned at shows how they don't like them either. Too big and too scary for my taste. The great thing is that it's your business and whatever you like with those PC Bucks. If you got the mini-kit then I would look at the big kit and order the things you don't have on there. Not essential, but I like to take the large round platter to shows when I do a microwave cake. It's pretty and showcases the cake well. I don't sell a ton but it gives the guest who "has everything" an idea of what to buy. Can be dressed up or be casual. (This goes well with the fluted pan that I like taking.)I have multiple cutting boards, like the shears and always take cookbooks to set around for people to flip through.

beepampered said:
Hate to be a bummer, but I HATE the salad choppers. Two of my customers have mentioned at shows how they don't like them either. Too big and too scary for my taste. The great thing is that it's your business and whatever you like with those PC Bucks. If you got the mini-kit then I would look at the big kit and order the things you don't have on there.

Not essential, but I like to take the large round platter to shows when I do a microwave cake. It's pretty and showcases the cake well. I don't sell a ton but it gives the guest who "has everything" an idea of what to buy. Can be dressed up or be casual. (This goes well with the fluted pan that I like taking.)

I have multiple cutting boards, like the shears and always take cookbooks to set around for people to flip through.

Great advice....I was silly assuming she got the 155 kit. I totally spaced about the large round platter....I did buy it with my PCD because of all the reasons you mentioned above.

It's too bad you don't like the salad choppers....try using it upright and squeezing, like the pt hand exercises and see if it changes your mind. I personally find it awkward and tiring to use the way it is recommended. Yes, I so want to bring you to the dark side....the salad chopper fan club! lol

The shears are fab, and I would suggest those if the salad chopper doesn't make the list....he he

A couple of cookbooks are nice, but I would buy those later once your PC collection is looking healthy. :p

Let me know if it makes a difference!

I will be using the $155 kit. I agree that the shears are fab - I have 3 pairs of the old white ones (love the outlet). I added 2 pairs from the ones I had as *laughing now*, I have pruned all of my landscaping with one set (I'll call them multi purpose) and then one pair is used in the kitchen for non-food items. Who say's kitchen shears are just for the kitchen!??!?!

What seasonings/rubs does everyone find helpful? I just got the Sun Dried Tomato one as it was used on a pork roast at the party I went to.

so, you haven't joined? LOL!!! I love that you are prepping already! You are going to have an amazing career! Too bad you're not on my team! :p

Let's see....I think that many of the wow recipes for shows usually use the Southwestern and the Jamaican Jerk Rub....I know a client who loves it so much, she actually sprinkles a heap and eats it like that! Ha Ha With lime, amazing. Try looking for recipes for the spices and see which ones appeal to you.

Melissa78 said:
Here I am to pick your brains again...

I have read on here about the add-on kit of products that you can purchase. I want to ensure that I shop wisely at the beginning (before I go all out on my true wish list) I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to:

1.What is included in that kit (sorry I don't have access yet) and how much does it cost?

Are you referring to the kit enhancement month? On the fourth month, you can make your own "package" and choose any and all items for 40% off and you can use the PCD you earn....but you'll have amassed many products by then. The new products will be available near Sept at 50% off...so be sure to save some of your PCD for that. Also, you'll probably want to use some of your PCD for business materials....PCD never expire and there is no max to how much you earn....so hustle in your first thirty days, that's when you have a chance to earn double PCD....with a strong 30 days, it'll have you well on your way for the next 60 days!

Much success to ya!

Well by PC terms, no I have not joined, but by verbal commitment to a director, I have made my commitment. I am attending my first cluster meeting tomorrow night and am gettng my paperwork box at that time. She is waiting to submit my info to HO b/c I asked to not officially start until June because I am a planner and need to have everything mapped out and ready to go (even having my office set up and files ready). (hence all of my questions). My grand opening is scheduled for June 6.

Please don't get too excited - remember the Type A issue I have - it also includes the great fear of failure and as I am already running into the problem of people not committing to dates for parties, I'm already in panic mode. June seems to be very difficult for most people with kids ball/dance recitals/school ending etc. I'm super gung-ho for June b/c not only do I get double PCD but its the sell-athon month and I'd give an arm for those new products but that makes the pressure on myself that much harder. I thank you so much for your vote of confidence - I only hope that I can live up to the expectations.

Thanks again - I greatly appreciate all of your input! In only a week I think you all are just awesome and super supportive. Makes me that much more excited to be a part of such a great network.

What are some popular additional products offered by Pampered Chef?

Some popular additional products offered by Pampered Chef include cookware, cutlery, kitchen tools, bakeware, and stoneware.

Are there any new products or limited edition items available?

Yes, Pampered Chef frequently releases new products and limited edition items throughout the year. Keep an eye out for our newsletters and social media updates to stay informed.

Can I find recipes and cooking ideas using Pampered Chef products?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes and cooking ideas on our website, as well as through our consultants. You can also find inspiration and tips on our social media channels.

What is the return policy for additional products?

Pampered Chef offers a 30-day satisfaction guarantee for all additional products. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a replacement or refund.

Can I purchase additional products without hosting a party?

Yes, you can purchase additional products directly from our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant without hosting a party. However, hosting a party is a great way to earn free and discounted products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Luv 2 Cook
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
susanr613
  • LauriChick
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefCKHall
  • Cassandra Blair