• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Adding Italian Seasoning to Plain Sausage for Spaghetti Dinner

In summary, the recommended amount of Italian seasoning to add to plain sausage for spaghetti dinner is 1 tablespoon per 1 pound of sausage, but this can be adjusted to taste. Dried Italian seasoning can be used instead of fresh, and other flavorful ingredients such as minced garlic, diced onions, and red pepper flakes can be added to the sausage and seasoning mixture. It is recommended to cook the sausage and seasoning before adding it to the spaghetti sauce, and Italian sausage can be used instead of plain sausage but with potential adjustments to the seasoning.
JaimeQ
I'm making spaghetti for dinner tonight. I only have plain sausage so I would like to add italian seasoning to it. How much do you think I should add to a pound of sausage? TIA

try 1 TBS and then taste if you need to add more then add a bit more.

Ok I will start with that... I am going to put it in the meat and let let it sit for awhile before I cook it.... so that the meat may absorb some of the flavors.

I simply add until it smells/taste rigtht.

Hi there! As a Pampered Chef consultant, I would recommend adding about 1-2 tablespoons of Italian seasoning to a pound of sausage. This will give it a nice, flavorful kick without overpowering the dish. Happy cooking!

1. How much Italian seasoning should I add to plain sausage for spaghetti dinner?

The amount of Italian seasoning to add to plain sausage for spaghetti dinner can vary based on personal preference and the amount of sausage being used. As a general guideline, start with 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning per 1 pound of sausage and adjust to taste.

2. Can I use dried Italian seasoning instead of fresh?

Yes, you can use dried Italian seasoning instead of fresh. Dried Italian seasoning is a blend of dried herbs and spices commonly used in Italian cuisine. It is a convenient option and can be used in the same amount as fresh.

3. What other ingredients can I add to the sausage and Italian seasoning for more flavor?

Some popular ingredients to add to sausage and Italian seasoning for more flavor are minced garlic, diced onions, and red pepper flakes. You can also add a splash of red wine or balsamic vinegar for a tangy kick.

4. Should I cook the sausage and Italian seasoning mixture before adding it to the spaghetti sauce?

Yes, it is recommended to cook the sausage and Italian seasoning mixture before adding it to the spaghetti sauce. This will ensure that the sausage is fully cooked and the flavors are well incorporated.

5. Can I use Italian sausage instead of plain sausage for this recipe?

Yes, you can use Italian sausage instead of plain sausage for this recipe. However, since Italian sausage already contains Italian seasoning, you may want to adjust the amount of additional seasoning used or omit it altogether.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
candiejayne
Replies
Views