• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Adding Info to Host/Guest Special Flyers?

In summary, Adobe Acrobat can be used to add a text field to flyers that have been created with it, but it requires the paid version.
mountainmama74
Gold Member
Hello all! I'm not sure if this is where this should go, but I have a question!

It seems like many of you are able to edit the flyers we can download from the website (host/guest specials, etc) to add your contact information. When I download them, it looks like there's a space where that can be done, but then when I click there, it isn't possible. Do I need a special version of Adobe? Or is there something free I can download to do this?

Or am I just crazy and no one can do that?? :D <---this option is highly likely....

TIA for your help!

:chef:

I print the OOF from PC, then stamp my information in the blank, and then SAVE AS, and
e-mail it to my hostesses. I have not figured out a way to insert my info via my computer keyboard. Thanks for asking the question. I'd like to know how to do it too.

There is a way to add a text field but I think you have to have the paid version of Adobe Acrobat. (I do, so that's how I create the fillable field on all my flyers.)

I don't think the info in the field is retained if you don't have the advanced version of Acrobat.

Okay, let me see if this worked... is the consultant info field now fillable?

Attachments

• hs_10apr.pdf
    287.6 KB · Views: 314
http://www.pdfescape.com/pdf/account/

Check out this website. It is free and allows you to add text boxes and such to PDFs. I love using it!

it depends on the flyer. Sometimes the creator of the flyer make them fillable- no matter what you use (I think). Other times, I use PDF Escape, or just stamp/label my flyers.Joy- I was able to fill in the info on the flyer (I was using Preview on my Mac). How did you do that, may I ask? I have the full version of Adobe - just point me in the right direction and I'll give it a shot?

I have Adobe Pro at work and at home - 2 different versions... which one do you use and I'll tell you how I get to the text field... (in the one here at work, it's under advanced editing... I can't remember for the one at home so I'll have to walk myself through it when I get home.)

PampChefJoy said:
I have Adobe Pro at work and at home - 2 different versions... which one do you use and I'll tell you how I get to the text field... (in the one here at work, it's under advanced editing... I can't remember for the one at home so I'll have to walk myself through it when I get home.)

Adobe Pro 8.1.2

I have 7 here at work so the one at home must be 8... I will look it up when I get home. It's definitely a different set of steps than in 7.

Bobbi's right, if you're a Mac user you can use the Annotate feature of the Preview program to update them. I just started a thread with instructions for that a few days ago.

chefann said:
Bobbi's right, if you're a Mac user you can use the Annotate feature of the Preview program to update them. I just started a thread with instructions for that a few days ago.

See...I've yet to see that feature on my version of Preview...I must have an old one then. I was so bummed!

Okay, I'm home now, but I see that I have Acrobat Pro 9 here on this computer, so it probably won't help you if I tell you how I get there. (There is a pulldown menu for "forms", then "add or edit fields" and it goes from there.)Is there a menu item that says "forms" or "tools" then "advanced editing" then "text field"?

esavvymom said:
See...I've yet to see that feature on my version of Preview...I must have an old one then. I was so bummed!
What version are you running? (Both Preview and the OS) I had seen some notation tools in prior versions, but the text option didn't appear until recently.

I just sent an email to tech support asking that they add fillable fields. They have the new address labels so I bet they can easily do that on other flyers too. I asked for a fillable space to put consultant info on all flyers and fillable spaces for a name in the write the check to and tax amount areas of the outside order form.

The more people who ask, the more likely they'll make a change.

Thanks for all the information! I usually print, stamp and copy, but I'd love to be able to just enter my info! Joy, the one you uploaded DOES work for me! I'm going to try the other link that was posted, and then I'll also email HO because it seems like it would be easy to do!

BethCooks4U said:
I just sent an email to tech support asking that they add fillable fields. They have the new address labels so I bet they can easily do that on other flyers too. I asked for a fillable space to put consultant info on all flyers and fillable spaces for a name in the write the check to and tax amount areas of the outside order form.

The more people who ask, the more likely they'll make a change.

I hope your email gets to someone who knows what they're doing. I asked Joe at NC last year about this, and he said that it's not possible to make a PDF that you can fill out.:rolleyes:

I got a reply back that the suggestion is being sent on to the developers for further consideration - standard reply. We'll see.

I use PDF Escape and put in my info and ♥ how it works and looks.

pamperedharriet said:
I use PDF Escape and put in my info and ♥ how it works and looks.

I also use PDF Escape. It's very easy, no registering required, and I just save the version with my info right on my computer.

http://www.pdfescape.com

chefann said:
What version are you running? (Both Preview and the OS) I had seen some notation tools in prior versions, but the text option didn't appear until recently.
OS = 10.5.8
Preview = 4.2
PampChefJoy said:
Okay, I'm home now, but I see that I have Acrobat Pro 9 here on this computer, so it probably won't help you if I tell you how I get there. (There is a pulldown menu for "forms", then "add or edit fields" and it goes from there.)Is there a menu item that says "forms" or "tools" then "advanced editing" then "text field"?
I have a Tools->Advanced Editing->Touch-up Text Tool... OR Tools->Forms->Text Field Tool I tried both- and neither seem to be what I'm looking for. My DH says he knows how to do it- so I'll pester him later when he has time. :)

esavvymom said:
OS = 10.5.8
Preview = 4.2
I think your version of Preview is from before the text annotations were added. My copy is version 5 (OS 10.6.2).

Sound like you might want to take a look at the other solutions that have been suggested.

1. How do I add my contact information to the host/guest special flyers?

To add your contact information to the flyers, you can either handwrite it in the designated space or print out labels with your information and stick them on.

2. Can I customize the flyers with my own branding or logo?

Yes, you can customize the flyers with your own branding or logo by creating your own flyer design and printing it out. Alternatively, you can use Pampered Chef's customizable flyer templates available on our website.

3. Is there a limit to the amount of information I can add to the flyers?

There is no specific limit, but it is recommended to keep the flyers clean and easy to read. Too much information can make the flyers look cluttered and overwhelming.

4. Can I add information about other upcoming promotions or events on the flyers?

Yes, you can add information about other promotions or events on the flyers as long as it does not compete with or overshadow the information about the host/guest special.

5. Do I need to add information to both the host and guest flyers?

It is not necessary to add information to both the host and guest flyers. You can choose to only add your information to the host flyer if you prefer. However, adding your information to both can help increase your chances of getting more sales and bookings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
kam
  • chef cathy