• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Flight from Boise to Leadership: Cheap Option?

In summary, In summary, I am quite active in coed soccer and try to play tennis with my gf. I used to do co-ed softball, but cant do it anymore :(Never have been very active in sports as an adult. I did do gymnastics, dance and synchro in Elementary and Jr High. I'm going to put my daughters in ALL sports to see if she likes any?Well, let's see - in H.S. it was swimming/softball. In college it was softball mainly. Now it is chasing kids, softball, biking with the kids, swimming/lifeguarding and if you can count Firefighting as a sport! I consider
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
Okay, I have been looking for a flight from Boise to Leadership andOkay, I have been looking for a flight from Boise to Leadership and the least expensive is over $600 with a flight change. That is going into Cincinnati. I have heard that you can fly into another airport an hour or two away and it should be quite a bit less expensive. Would anyone be interested in chartering a van or something? I'm not looking forward to driving in snow through a place I have never been.

I was checking out flights this evening as well. They are almost $400 from Fort Lauderdale to CVG or Indianapolis. It doesn't look like I'll be making it to Leadership this year. I would LOVE if they would hold leadership in the SOUTHERN part of the country...I mean, it's the dead of winter. I don't care to get snowed in somewhere when I need to be home with my kids, kwim?

For once I get lucky in my travels to a conference. I gave a dryer to a friend who's a travel agent :) She was SO excited she promised me a flight voucher!! I was raised in Xenia, Ohio, about 45 minutes from Cincy. I'm flying up for a whole week to see family and attend conference.

After having lived in the south for the past 3 years....I'm actually PRAYING that we'll get snow!! (But Carolyn....I'll pray real specifically....NOT on the roads, just on the grass :D, and that NO flights get canceled!)

I was surprised that they chose a northern state for a conference in January! I remember one year that it was in Chicago....12 inches of snow. Lots of consultants were stranded in airports and didn't make it. The entire conference was held in the Sheraton so if you made it to the hotel before the snow, you were fine.

Y' Know, when they announced at the end of leadership this year that they would "see us in Cincinnati", my girlfriend and I looked at each other and said "um....Ohio?" just curious what they were thinking--isn't leadership usually in a place that's a little warmer? I think they won't be getting as many takers this year because of the air fare....hmmmmm

Plus don't forget about ice. Cinincinati being farther south can be prone to ice. It could be a real pain trying to commute from a nearby airport taking into account possible bad weather.

HOly Shimoly I looked online last night and air fare from Southern California to Cincinnati is OVER $600!! Add that to the hotel and actual leadership costs, + food and it looks like over $1,000 to go to leadership. I've not missed one yet in the past 5 years but I sure as heck am not going to pay $1,000 to go to a place I don't want to go to to begin with.

Don't forget we are combining with Canadian leaders. I know that international (sort of) travel can cost more. I can't imagine people coming from Northern Canada or Western. So, anyone want to charter a van, now?

I looked at it's over $400 from Detroit to Cin. I think I might drive. Either way the weather will be an issue. I could get a flight for $350 via Philadelphia but that would take so long, it would be quicker to drive!!! I think I need to put a fare-watcher on it to get alerts if the prices go down!

Check out fllights to Dayton, ohio. It is much cheaper, but an hour north. Look at costs of car rental with other consultants. May save you quite a bit.

cmdtrgd said:
Don't forget we are combining with Canadian leaders.

Yep, I think that's exactly why they chose somewhere farther north. I'd LOVE to get out of the Chicago winters and go somewhere south. Although the trade off is now I don't have to fly...we'll be caravaning for the 5 or so hour drive with some other directors from the Chicago 'burbs.

Not positive I can make it (I sure hope so though - I would hate to miss and besides I want to know what all those post cards will bring...) but if I do go I will likely drive - it's about 10 hours so that wouldn't be too bad. Anyone want to hitch a ride between NC and Cincinnati?

SkybusLook into Skybus - $10 one way from KC to Columbus - yes, that is NOT a typo - $20 + tax round trip. I think that is what we'll be doing and renting a vehicle once we get to Columbus - Oh...... the other thing for that cheap flight we'd leave at 10:58 PM and arrive around 1-is AM. Is it worth it - heck ya!!!

Also just FYI - my SED yesterday said that the hotel costs will be considerable less - how much less???? I don't know - when do they start setting up registrations and all that??? And also - what month do we usually get to EARN registration?!?!?!?!?

thanks!

Not sure where everyone is coming from, but today I found airfare as low as $59 one way with US Airways. That is cheap. I couldn't find it under $360 round trip in recent searches. So I'm jumping on this at $158 round trip.:)

Where did you find those prices???? Out of Albany??
I would be interested in the info.

Thanks!

I booked my flight today. I'm leaving Albany. Flying with US Airways. I paid $138

sorry I'm online now searching but not sure where we are suppose to fly into....i've lost those emails.

this is really cheap a couple of people in my cluster have paid well over $250

Just put in Cincinnati and it will come up. I can't think of the code and I looked at my confirmation and it doesn't show the code, just lists town and state.

I am quite active in coed soccer and try to play tennis with my gf.

i used to do co-ed softball, but cant do it anymore :(

Never have been very active in sports as an adult. I did do gymnastics, dance and synchro in Elementary and Jr High.
I'm going to put my daughters in ALL sports to see if she likes any?

Well, let's see - in H.S. it was swimming/softball.
In college it was softball mainly.
Now it is chasing kids, softball, biking with the kids, swimming/lifeguarding and if you can count Firefighting as a sport! I consider it that sometimes when we do training!

Attachments

• Your Life Your Way RECRUITING.doc
    671 KB · Views: 378
    671 KB · Views: 377
    671 KB · Views: 374
right now the only sport I do is coach soccer for my 5 yr old boy but we have our last game on Sat

I am about as athletic as a lightbulb!

I played soccer, softball and field hockey as a kid and into High School. That was pretty much it for me...................

Attachments

• Newsletter.doc
    49 KB · Views: 316
  • Newsletter.doc
    49 KB · Views: 315
  • Newsletter.doc
    49 KB · Views: 313
I use to be very active in softball but not anymore.

My husband is a high school football coach, so, I am a very active spectator on Friday nights!

Attachments

• Curious about The Pampered Chef 07-labels.doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 263
    39.5 KB · Views: 261
    39.5 KB · Views: 262
I run these days. Played softball and volleyball until marriage.

I watch tennis and I tap dance.

pamperedlinda said:

I'm with you on this one!

pamperedlinda said:

Okay, this one is getting to me. Light bulb - bright, good curves, long-lasting...are these bad qualities in being athletic? :angel:

I am not active in sports but l am active in watching them LOL
Does that count??

In middle school I played softball.. in high school I played basketball and ran track... and I've been bowling since I was 6.

1. What is the cheapest option for a flight from Boise to Leadership?

The cheapest option for a flight from Boise to Leadership is to fly into a nearby airport and then take ground transportation to your final destination. This could save you hundreds of dollars compared to a direct flight.

2. How much does the cheapest flight from Boise to Leadership cost?

The cost of the cheapest flight from Boise to Leadership can vary, but it is usually around $600 with a flight change. However, by flying into a nearby airport and taking ground transportation, you may be able to find a much cheaper option.

3. Can I fly into a different airport and still get to Leadership?

Yes, you can fly into a nearby airport and still get to Leadership. There are several options for ground transportation, such as chartering a van or taking a shuttle service, that can take you to your final destination.

4. How far away are the nearby airports from Leadership?

The nearby airports are usually within an hour or two from Leadership. This may vary depending on which airport you choose to fly into and your final destination.

5. Is it worth it to fly into a nearby airport and take ground transportation to Leadership?

It depends on your budget and travel preferences. If you are looking to save money, then flying into a nearby airport and taking ground transportation may be a good option for you. However, if you prefer convenience and don't mind spending more on a direct flight, then that may be a better choice for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefann
  • cmdtrgd
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies