• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Decoding Chef Success Acronyms: A Guide for Beginners

M
mistym
Hi, I love reading the posts here but sometimes they are filled with so many acronyms that I cannot make sense of them! Is there somewhere to go to figure them out or can you all help me out here :)

Thanks

Misty

Not sure there is anywhere you can go but list them and I'll help. :)

HTH - Hope This Helps

That was the one I couldn't figure out for a while.DH - Dear Husband
DD - Dear Daughter

KWIM = know what I mean. (that one stumped me for awhile!!)

TIA=Thanks in Advance
then we use a lot of acronyms for the products...
USG-Ultimate Slice and Grate
FC- Food CHopper
EAD- Easy Accent Decorator
SBRC - Season's best recipe collection

IMHO - In My Humble Opinion
OTOH - On The Other Hand
LMAO - Laughing My Donkey Off
TKG (some just use KG) - The Kitchen Guy
PITA - Pain In The Donkey

(Those last two probably mean the same thing, actually)

thanks for the help - i think its the product acronyms that confuse me the most!

tia

m

tkg = pita??? rofl

:)

DPDS took me forever to figure out (door prize drawing slips) also, BTW (by the way) UM (ultimate madoline), and ISO (in search of). That is all I can think of right now!

TTA, tool turn about, got me!

Ok, here I go.....

OOF--outside order form
PC--Pampered Chef
HO--Home Office
SA--Simple Additions
DDB--Deep Dish Baker
BB--Batter Bowl
USG--Ultimate Slice and Grate
UM--Ultimate Mandoline
DYLAB--Do You Love a Bargain flyer, Thank You Joy!!!
QSP--Quick Stir Pitcher
FC--Food Chopper
AP/C/S--Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer
DBG--Double Burner Griddle
RCP--Rice Cooker Plus
Big MAC or MAC--Morning After Calls (call guests the next morning and thank them for coming to the show and make sure they didn't forget to order anything or book their show)
CN--Consultant News
CC--Consultants Corner
EAD--Easy Accident Decorator
ICSM--Ice Cream Sandwich Maker
TPC--Top Performance Cluster or The Pampered Chef

I can't think of any more at this moment, but if you have any specific ones just ask.

OOB-out of the box calls....when you call about a month after the show to make sure they got everything and it's OK.

Ahhh..
gilliandanielle said:
DPDS took me forever to figure out (door prize drawing slips)

THANK YOU!!!! I've been trying to figure that one out for a while and never asked anyone because I knew it what it was referring to (I just call them the survey slips!)

thanksThanks folks, that really helped!!

M:D

cat said:
THANK YOU!!!! I've been trying to figure that one out for a while and never asked anyone because I knew it what it was referring to (I just call them the survey slips!)
Glad to know that I wasn't the only one staring at it going - what?????

Thanks for this post. I figured most of them out, but there were a few that I just could not get!

You can also go to

http://www.acronymfinder.com/

and type in the letters and it will give you the basic web meaning. It won't help with PC meanings, but you have some help here already.

Freudian slip?
jdavis said:
Ok, here I go.....

EAD--Easy Accident Decorator

Is there something we should know about your EAD? :D

NC - National Conference... for me here is South Carolina (SC) ... NC stood for North Carolina -- and I lived there 3 years ago for 5 years... so that confused me for a while..people going to N.Carolina???
crazy me!

jentapp said:
Is there something we should know about your EAD? :D
Maybe.....:eek: Well I was only doing about 3 things at the same time, since you know Mom really is short for Multitasking. LOL. But I did break the push thingy on the first one and had to send it back, oops.

It took me a while to get all of them down, some of them I am still learning too!!!

Isn't THAT the truth!I've got 3 kids, so I totally understand the "mom being short for multitasking" thing.

When I first got my EAD, I couldn't understand what was "easy" about it. The thing wouldn't move! Well, not until I actually put something into the tube, then it really WAS easy. :D

Someone offered to decorate me recently, but since he wasn't my DH I declined the offer and explained that it was the decorator that was easy, not me. LOL :D

LMAO picture Jennifer using her Easy Accident Decorator!!

My BIL came over while I was making profiterole puffs and asked why I had a c*ck pump in my kitchen!!

Good lord Gillian! He must not have looked at it THAT closely. It looks nothing like Austin Powers'!

OK Gill, you got me. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/tongue0013.gif I can't believe your BIL would think that, lol. My director said there were women at one of her shows right after we got the meat tenderizer that asked her what kind of show she was giving, lmao.

gilliandanielle said:
LMAO picture Jennifer using her Easy Accident Decorator!!

My BIL came over while I was making profiterole puffs and asked why I had a c*ck pump in my kitchen!!

O Gillian....LMAO!!!!....I will never be able to look at that thing again without thinking of you now! My grandparents were farmers and everytime I use the EAD it reminded me of the hypodermic needles that they used on cattle....until now!

Glad you'll be remembering me everytime you use your c*ck pump!!

What a great thread!!!Jennifer: WOW What a list! Sorry about your decorator--LOL

Ahhh... the meat tenderizor. My favorite. I had a lady call me and said, "I'd like to order your Meat Beater". When I hestiated she said, "You know, the thing you use to beat your meat." http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-017.gif And, she was serious... no humor there.

Here's one more... FPV= Free product value

Last edited:
Good one Anne! I'll think of you when I beat my meat :)Good one Anne! I'll think of you when I beat my meat :)

You're too funny!

What about DL= Down Line

Did anyone post HWC= Help Whip Cancer yet?

Nope Gill, haven't seen it yet, how about this one

RUFTH--Round up from the heart (people round up their orders to the nearest dollar or more and that is donated to your local Second Harvest Food Bank)

jentapp said:
I've got 3 kids, so I totally understand the "mom being short for multitasking" thing.

When I first got my EAD, I couldn't understand what was "easy" about it. The thing wouldn't move! Well, not until I actually put something into the tube, then it really WAS easy. :D

Someone offered to decorate me recently, but since he wasn't my DH I declined the offer and explained that it was the decorator that was easy, not me. LOL :D
I could name more than a handfull of people who would say something very similar to that, men, can't live with 'em can't live without 'em, well, maybe.:rolleyes: I still don't have that stupid EAD down very good, I am so used to using the bags since that's how I have been doing for 10 years.

Just Read This
AJPratt said:
Jennifer: WOW What a list! Sorry about your decorator--LOL

Ahhh... the meat tenderizor. My favorite. I had a lady call me and said, "I'd like to order your Meat Beater". When I hestiated she said, "You know, the thing you use to beat your meat." http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sprachlos/speechless-smiley-017.gif And, she was serious... no humor there.

Here's one more... FPV= Free product value

I was just reading this thread (Ok, I know this has been here a couple of weeks, but it's so challenging to keep up!), and am totally LOL! Toooo funny! It takes a certain type of humor (quirky/off the wall) to make me laugh like that.

I have something to tell you all - well, maybe I shouldn't, but anyway, here goes. As far as the EAD goes, those comments didn't surprise me bc it almost seems natural to say that. Ya know why? My DH grandfather actually invented the first p**** pump. It was their family business for several years. :eek:

jdavis said:
I could name more than a handfull of people who would say something very similar to that, men, can't live with 'em can't live without 'em, well, maybe.:rolleyes: I still don't have that stupid EAD down very good, I am so used to using the bags since that's how I have been doing for 10 years.
Uh-huh. It's okay because we speak highly of you, too, but you don't have it qute right:

Cars.
Women.
Money.

You can't live with 'em.

You can't live without 'em.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b114/purrbal/Sigs%20and%20Words/bumpmouse.gif

AJPratt said:
Ahhh... the meat tenderizor. My favorite. I had a lady call me and said, "I'd like to order your Meat Beater". When I hestiated she said, "You know, the thing you use to beat your meat."
On Milwaukee's south side, there is a long, east-west street named for an old celebrity in Milwaukee. It's Becher Street, pronounced Bee-Chur. (Hey, what can you expect in Milwaukee, where "Teutonia" is pronounced Tie-Tone-ya and Burleigh is pronounced Burr-lie, and Kinnekinnic is, well, it sounds like a streetcar rolling down the track. But I digress.)

You can imagine what the butcher shop on Becher Street is still called, even all these years after it closed.

Bumping this oldie but goodie!

Don't forget KG's favorites! OT (Off Topic) and OMG (Oh My Gawd) :p

I just asked Greg the other day if he would make this a sticky, but no such luck yet, maybe some more people need to ask him and he'll get the hint, lol.

I don't think I'll have any influence. I think he's tired of hearing from me. LOL

This would be a fabulous post to have "tacked" just because it is SO useful to "newbies" who have not quite caught on to the "lingo" LOL @ me and my "_" ... then we would have less posts for just bumping up purposes which would keep only new acronyms added! IMHO ;)

Bumping this oldie but goodie.

Saw that OOTB call = Out of the Box call (if it hasn't been mentioned already)

ohhhhhh...I love when my posts resurface...hehehe....c'mon Greg..make it a sticky!

M

AJPratt said:
Bumping this oldie but goodie.

Saw that OOTB call = Out of the Box call (if it hasn't been mentioned already)
My dyslexic (and slightly warped) brain keeps seeing BOOTY call :eek:.

HMMM, I am thinking we haven't bugged Greg enough about making this a sticky, what do you think?????

This may sound dumb, but I keep seeing "bump"...what is this? Bumping up post counts? Bumping the thread? In the car and hit a Bump? Bumping your music? :0) Someone fill the new girl in!

bumping a post brings it up to the top of the new posts... this way it guarantees people will see it. hth!

That makes sense! Thank You!!!

Another new person to post - what does make it a sticky mean. And thanks for explaining the bump thing. Makes perfect sense now!Joanne

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
momoftwins
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat