• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Accidentally Deleted Credit Card Numbers

In summary, the person changed the credit card numbers on the person's laptop and caused the cards to be declined. The person has tried calling the customer but has not received a response. The person has also tried transferring the order to the old version of the show but that requires contacting three customers.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
A person approached me at a fair and with my laptop handy, I took their credit card numbers.

I went to change a different credit card payment and changed her numbers instead!

I have downloaded an old version of this show on my desktop but I can only see the last 4 numbers.

Is there any way to fix this?

Only if it was an online order & you can go look at the numbers before they purge. Otherwise, you'll have to call her & let her know that you were trying to change a different customer's payment method & did her order by mistake. I'm sure she'll give it to you again. ;)

Well this show has been a mess from start to finish!

I accidentally changed her expiration date but had the old data on the desktop to refer to. But that was when I discovered the land line she had given me was disconnected!

More than one way to skin a cat ... turns out she had put a cel number on the drawing slips so I tried that one too. No answer, but it is a holiday weekend.

And the only reason I had to change any credit card info was that I didn't know you couldn't have 3 credit cards on one order ... I had to call the third customer on the order and get her numbers again.

I'm sure I'm stressing for nothing but the sad part is this was cash and carry so she already has my pitcher and margarita mix .... If I don't hear from her by Monday I'll contact her again and ask if there is any way she can give me cash for the order. I have other people waiting and I don't want to delay it any more than I have to.

Another alternative is to transfer everything to the old version. But that would require calling 3 customers, not just one, and I already called 2 of those people to verify numbers!

Doesnt help you now, but this is why I always write the number down on the receipt. I have done it before and had to call the customer.

I had that issue once, just once. Now I too write the numbers down on MY copy of the receipt.

To me cash and carry is CASH and carry. My friend learned the hard way about this when selling for a different company. The guy didn't want to give a phone number and she didn't think anything of it at the time. When she went to process his card, it came back declined. She tried to call him and the number was disconnected! Luckily she was only out $5 but she's still out money on her end.

the time I had issues, it was on a party where I'd taken my computer with me and entered the card directly. The issue was that I was adding payment to the wrong order and updated the wrong card. It was not at a booth, but I still learned my lesson. I write down credit card numbers and destroy them after the show is submitted.

Yeah, I think from now on my laptop will stay home. Works better when people write the info down themselves.

Had credit cards declined before which holds everybody up!

I too only do cash for cash and carry - I especially don't take checks ;) Oh the story of the lady whose $200 check bounced and then she wanted to return everything....
After having a similar issue with P3 I also write down everyone's card number on a receipt somewhere and wait until the show is shipped to shred them.

Funny ... I never have had a bounced check. I take precautions including taking them to the bank on which they are drawn to verify.

I've also had problems with not being able to read people's handwriting when it comes to the numbers.

But she was awesome and emailed me the information on Easter! I am going to keep them for few days until the show is shipped.

I've had this happen before. When I call, I tell them that our system is so secure that if I even tab into that field it wipes it out to protect their cc info and that when it's typed in it places asterisks into the field. They are usually very understanding when I explain it in a way the helps them feel good about their cc security.

What is the meaning of "Accidentally Deleted Credit Card Numbers"?

"Accidentally Deleted Credit Card Numbers" refers to the unintentional removal of credit card information from a person's account or device. This can happen due to human error, technical issues, or data breaches.

How can credit card numbers be accidentally deleted?

Credit card numbers can be accidentally deleted if a person deletes them while trying to remove other information, if a software glitch occurs, or if a hacker gains access to a person's account and deletes the information.

What should I do if I accidentally delete my credit card numbers?

If you accidentally delete your credit card numbers, you should immediately contact your credit card company and report the incident. They can help you cancel the card and issue you a new one to prevent any fraudulent charges. You should also monitor your account for any unauthorized activity.

Can accidentally deleted credit card numbers be recovered?

In some cases, accidentally deleted credit card numbers can be recovered. If the numbers were deleted due to a software issue, a technical support team may be able to retrieve them. However, if the numbers were deleted due to a human error, they may not be recoverable.

How can I prevent accidentally deleting my credit card numbers?

To prevent accidentally deleting your credit card numbers, it is important to always double check before deleting any information from your account or device. It is also important to use strong and unique passwords to protect your account from hackers. Additionally, regularly backing up your data can help in case of accidental deletion or data loss.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• beepampered
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • Karen