• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

About to E-Mail a Host, Does This Sound Okay?

In summary, the host is a friend who is not putting any effort into getting guests for the Pampered Chef party, causing frustration for the person sending this email. The sender is offering to send out invitations and suggests alternative options such as rescheduling or changing to a catalog show. The sender also expresses concern about the turnout and logistics of the party. The host is aware that the sender is raising money for a missions trip through Pampered Chef.
Laurena
Hey all! I have my first difficult situation with a host. She is a friend, wants to do this as a fundraiser, but is putting ZERO effort into getting guests. When I offered to do invites for her she even told me she could not find the time to gather a list. (She also keeps saying she doesn't want kids there -I agree 100%, of course and told her I think it would be a bad idea- but then said on her evite (the only thing she has done to invite guests, and which NOBODY has responded to) that kids were WELCOME!!

Sorry, I'm frustrated here.

This is the email I'm about to send:

Dear ****,

I got your voice mail but wanted to e-mail my response, since you expressed that this is the most convenient means of communication for you.

From our talk earlier, it sounds like you have a lot going on right now. One of the things I like most about The Pampered Chef shows are that they are designed to make it EASY and FUN to host a party. The main responsibility that really does fall on you as a host, is of course the guest list (though I am more than happy to help you in any way possible, such as sending out invitations for you). If you find that it is too difficult for you to make phone calls or gather addresses right now, I really want to find an alternative that might be easier on you. One possibility is, of course, rescheduling for a future date when you have a bit less on your plate.

Another terrific option is to change your party to a catalog show. As a catalog show, we would still be able to raise money for **** (her charity organization), but would have more freedom with your time. Since you are looking forward to inviting people to see your new fabulous home, perhaps you could explain to people that they are welcome to stop by throughout the week to say hello and look through the catalog at their leisure, if they are unable to come the evening of the 14th? This is a wonderful way to give EVERYBODY a chance to participate, regardless of scheduling conflicts (and without the stress of worrying about childcare!).

I absolutely want this to be a great experience for you, your guests, and myself. My concern is that if only 1 or 2 people can attend, you will be disapointed by the turnout after having spent time and energy preparing for the evening. Your friends may feel uncomfortable or pressured to make-up for not having more guests present. As for me, of course while I love doing Pampered Chef and really enjoy doing parties, it is still my job and my way of earning money for Russia, so If I am going to make arrangements for childcare, spend the evening away from my family and drive out from *** (<my town), I do want to be certain that there are at least 5 confirmed guests. In short, I just want to be respectful of everybody's time and make sure that everybody wins!

Let me know what you decide to do and how you would like to proceed. I will do whatever I can to help you and to make this work!

oh- earning money for Russia... she knows I began PC to raise money for a missions trip.

Best,<Your Name>I hope this email helps you to communicate your concerns to your friend in a respectful and understanding manner. Good luck with your party!

1. What should I include in the email to the host?

When emailing a host, it's important to include all the necessary details about the upcoming party or event. This may include the date, time, location, and any special instructions or requests from the host. You may also want to include a brief introduction about yourself and your role with Pampered Chef. Be sure to proofread your email for any spelling or grammar errors before sending.

2. How should I address the host in the email?

It's always best to address the host by their preferred name or title. If you are unsure, you can use a generic greeting such as "Dear Host" or "Hello!". Avoid using overly formal greetings, as it may come off as impersonal. If you have a close relationship with the host, you can use a more casual greeting.

3. Is it appropriate to include product or sales information in the email?

It is generally not recommended to include product or sales information in the initial email to the host. Your main goal should be to establish a connection and set a date for the event. However, you can mention that you will be bringing a variety of products to showcase at the party. Save the detailed product information for the actual event.

4. What if the host does not respond to my email?

If you do not receive a response from the host, it's always a good idea to follow up with a phone call or text message. Some people may prefer these forms of communication over email. If you still do not hear back, it's best to respect the host's decision and move on to other potential hosts.

5. Can I personalize the email for each host?

Yes, it's always a good idea to personalize the email for each host. This shows that you have taken the time to get to know them and their specific needs and preferences. You can mention specific interests or hobbies, or even make a reference to a previous conversation or interaction. Personalization can go a long way in building a strong relationship with the host.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedbyKaren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PamperedbyKaren
  • cheflorraine
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
letmepamperu13
  • NooraK