• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some creative ways to use lapboards during a kitchen demo?

In summary, those that use them...what do you put in the pocket?? Order form & catalog only?? Also, does anyone NOT hand out catalogs during their demo?? I saw the kitchen show video with Tonya Broslawsky (sp?) and she doesn't hand them out.I really enjoyed that kitchen show but it was a long demo too.Feedback??
sandi4tpc
those that use them...what do you put in the pocket?? Order form & catalog only??
Also, does anyone NOT hand out catalogs during their demo?? I saw the kitchen show video with Tonya Broslawsky (sp?) and she doesn't hand them out. I really enjoyed that kitchen show but it was a long demo too. Feedback??

Sandi

I usually hand out catalogs along with the Guest Order form. I explain in my opening that the order form has a wishlist in the back and I tell everyone that as I'm going through my demo they can circle any items they are interested in or have questions about.

I put the order form and a separate half-page (8.5 x 5.5") wish list in the lap board, with a pen. I pass out catalogs at the very end. As I pass them out, I talk about the guest special and Round Up...I have a really hard time remembering to mention those two things otherwise. Also, I found it awkward to ask each person individually if they wanted to round up, so as I pass out catalogs, I tell them the whole speil on Round Up, then say, "Now listen, everybody, because I'm not kidding about this. If you want to Round Up your order, circle the little heart on your order form. If you don't want to Round Up, draw an X through the heart. If you don't do anything to the heart, I will round you up. Did everybody hear me? Cool? Cool." It's very light-hearted and puts the choice totally on them, and they don't feel put on the spot. I've gone from the very rare Round Up, to almost 100%. I think I've seen 2 X's.

Wendy, thanks! It was good to hear that you do both things that I've been thinking of doing. :) I like your idea for Round Up. I used the Hurricane Katrina incentive in September to start adding that to my demo but since then I haven't been as good at it.

Sandi

Clear sheet on the back?I have the lap boards from Town and Country...the black ones? I put a catalog, order form and recruiting brochure in the front. I am thinking about putting a show planner in them also because I seem to have a JILLION of them...and it certainly shows how easy it is to host a show. Heck, people can start working on their guest list right there!

On the back, there is a clear sleeve. I used to put the monthly guest special in all of them...but that just seemed redundant. Now I have a variety of things in them. I divide them up so that I have the current guest special, current host bonus, super starter sheet, the next couple of months host bonus, show benefits flyers, recruiting specials. When I'm packing my bag, I just sort of put them in order so that I'll have at least one of each thing represented. At the show, once everyone has their lap boards and we'll do some introductions, I'll explain the items that are in the pocket of the board, then I asked them to hold them up. I'll point to the person who has the current month special and talk about it a bit. As the show goes on, I'll say "Okay...who has March Host Bonus?" then I'll ask them to read what it is, and give them the details. It's a good way to get someone else to do the talking, plus I remember to talk about everything. It's so boring when I stand up there with the flip chart and say "This month...blah blah blah...flip..next month blah blah blah...flip..." But I do have the flip chart displayed for anyone who wants to look closer.

CatalogsI have my catalogs in my folders that the guests get at the beginning of the show. I tried to give the catalogs after my presentation but ordering took much longer!! It would add about 30-45 minutes to the time I stayed after the show. To me, no matter how much my guests pay attention, this extra time was not worth it. Just my 2 cents.

I love my lap boards from Town and Country (not real sure about the new ones that are white). I put a catalog, order form, my buisness card in the left, a mini catalog and the guest special in the back clear sleeve. I just recently went to a Home and Garden Party and had to struggle with not having something to write on (very frustrating)! Lap boards make it so much easier on me, and easier on the customer. I read on here someplace that they were buying the small binders and cutting one side off and using those for lap boards. That's a good idea and would not be so expensive if you just wanted to try it out for a show or two just to see.

Swirl said:
I love my lap boards from Town and Country (not real sure about the new ones that are white). I put a catalog, order form, my buisness card in the left, a mini catalog and the guest special in the back clear sleeve. I just recently went to a Home and Garden Party and had to struggle with not having something to write on (very frustrating)! Lap boards make it so much easier on me, and easier on the customer. I read on here someplace that they were buying the small binders and cutting one side off and using those for lap boards. That's a good idea and would not be so expensive if you just wanted to try it out for a show or two just to see.

I read that too and that is what I'm doing. The ones I bought didn't have the clear front sleeve, so I am trying to decide if I want to use them or get the other kind but they cost more.

Thanks everyone for you input. As far as the catalogs go, maybe I'll pass them out halfway through my demo....then I have their attention at the beginning and it shouldn't take so much extra time for them to order.

Sandi

maybe not as fancyI was just at Office Max and regular boring old clipboards are $1.09 each. They aren't bad. I picked up 10 and I'll try them this afternoon. Then I can pick up a few more if I end up with a larger kitchen show later on. That's always the frustrating part is having to find a writing surface later.

Well, the binders I got were at Target [$0.97 each] and that gives you two boards....they do not have the clear view pocket on the front and I decided that I was okay with that because any information that I don't put in the lapboard will be in a special folder [a report cover with prongs and I put any papers in sheet protectors] and passed around to all the guests.

I also found at Office Max some adhesive-backed business card pockets. These were clear pockets [made by Avery and cost $3.79 for a pack of 10] that you attach to whatever and slip your business card in. I attached one of these to the bottom of the lapboard/pocket.

Just thought that I'd share....

Sandi

1. What are lapboards used for?

Lapboards are used as a convenient and portable surface for food preparation, serving, and dining. They are designed to be placed on your lap or any other flat surface to create a stable and clean workspace.

2. Are lapboards dishwasher safe?

Yes, our lapboards are dishwasher safe. However, it is recommended to hand wash them with warm soapy water to prolong their lifespan.

3. Can lapboards be used for hot dishes?

Yes, our lapboards are made with heat-resistant materials and can safely be used for hot dishes. However, it is still recommended to use caution and not place extremely hot dishes directly on the lapboard.

4. Do lapboards come in different sizes?

Yes, we offer lapboards in various sizes to fit your needs. Our standard size is 18x12 inches, but we also have smaller and larger options available.

5. Can lapboards be used for cutting?

Our lapboards are not designed for cutting on, as it may cause damage to the surface. We recommend using a cutting board on top of the lapboard for food preparation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leannvv
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
gilliandanielle
  • mommyhugz1978
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
  • DebPC