• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Old Oil Smell from Kitchen Spritzer: Tips and Tricks

In summary, a Kitchen Spritzer is a versatile kitchen tool that sprays oils, vinegars, and other liquids onto food or cookware. Its benefits include more even distribution of oils, healthier cooking, and precise application. To use it, simply fill the bottle, pump the top, and spray. It can be used with any type of oil, but thick or chunky liquids should be avoided. To clean and maintain it, unscrew the top and wash it in warm soapy water, and release remaining pressure by spraying warm water through the sprayer after each use.
zookeeper614
A customer asked me how to get the smell of old oil out of her spritzer. She already tried baking soda and it did not work. Any other ideas?

try a couple of DROPS of bleach with water and let it sit for a few hours. Then rinse out thoroughly. I do this to get the smell of onions and soups out of containers at work all the time.

zookeeper614 said:
A customer asked me how to get the smell of old oil out of her spritzer. She already tried baking soda and it did not work. Any other ideas?

Did she add a little vinegar to that baking soda? Vinegar is great for removing smells. I use it in the laundry too.

The reaction of vinegar and baking soda is fizzy - that helps clean the gunk out of the spritzer too.

Also...if she isn't using SUPER HOT water and soap to clean it, I think the oil residue still sticks to it and can turn rancid.

Definately try vinegar. I bake cakes A LOT and I use vinegar and hot water to clean my decorating tips and bags.

Lemon juice may work, too.

What is a Kitchen Spritzer?

A Kitchen Spritzer is a multi-purpose kitchen tool designed to spray oils, vinegars, and other liquids onto food or cookware.

What are the benefits of using a Kitchen Spritzer?

Using a Kitchen Spritzer allows for more even distribution of oils and other liquids, reducing the amount used and promoting healthier cooking. It also helps to prevent over-saturating food and provides a more controlled and precise application.

How do I use a Kitchen Spritzer?

To use a Kitchen Spritzer, simply fill the bottle with your desired liquid, pump the top to pressurize the bottle, and then spray onto your food or cookware. Make sure to pump the top before each use to maintain the pressure.

Can a Kitchen Spritzer be used with any type of oil?

Yes, a Kitchen Spritzer can be used with any type of oil, as well as vinegars, cooking wines, and other liquids. However, it is recommended to avoid using thick or chunky liquids, as they may clog the sprayer.

How do I clean and maintain my Kitchen Spritzer?

To clean your Kitchen Spritzer, simply unscrew the top and wash it in warm soapy water. Let it air dry before reassembling. It is also recommended to release any remaining pressure by spraying warm water through the sprayer after each use. This will help prevent clogs and ensure optimal performance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jnsr96
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • micocina
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
micocina
  • jillchef