• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Boosting Sales with DCB: My Experience & Tips | TIA's Thoughts & Suggestions

I also let them know that it will help them save money because they can cook in the microwave or oven and not have to worry about it. I also mention that it is dishwasher safe. The DCB is a fantastic piece, but it doesn't quite sell itself.We call it the magic pot. I have a recorded call by Robin House that all of my new consultants receive. It has the best word choices for the magic pot. If I get a chance I will send it to you once I get home. :)The DCB is not a cheap item, and for many people it might be their whole budget for the night, if not even more. If you don't mention the price, they might look
jj16
Gold Member
I had a show last night that I'm doing pretty well on I'm at $695 so far and the host is going to try to hit $1,000 in the next couple of days. What stumped me though was of the people who attended nobody bought the DCB I did the Rush Hour Fajitas. Should I be concerned? Any thoughts or suggestions? TIA

jj16:)

I changed my wording, talked about how it is the "Crock pot of today for the microwave and oven". Now you can cook meat in your microwave without worrying about it turning out like rubber.

We call it the magic pot. I have a recorded call by Robin House that all of my new consultants receive. It has the best word choices for the magic pot. If I get a chance I will send it to you once I get home. :)

What did you say about the DCB when you were demonstrating it? Did you sell the value by talking about other recipes? Did you mention the price?

The DCB is not a cheap item, and for many people it might be their whole budget for the night, if not even more. If you don't mention the price, they might look at in the catalog and it may create a feeling that you're trying to hide it somehow. But the other part is that you have to sell the value. You have to convince me why I should spend $70 on this thing that is (let's face it) heavy and clunky.

I usually talk about all the different recipes I have available. I got a flyer from somewhere (don't have it with me at work) that has pictures of the 30-minute chicken, the ribs, the pork, the penne al fresco and the lasagne on it with notations of how long each takes to make. I have that, along with my $99 deal flyer in my flip chart. I talk about how the DCB is $69, but ask them how much it costs them to go through the drive through. At my last show I told my guests that just between DH and I it's almost $10. For that $10, in the time it takes for him to get in the car, go to Wendy's (we live about 3 miles away) and come back, I could have made the Chicken Penne al Fresco in the DCB and had leftovers for 2-3 days (since it's just the two of us, Markus doesn't eat that much). I had 4 orders, one with a set and one with a DCB along with other items.

I also sell the value of the set I use. I tell them why they need a thermometer: you can't tell if meat is done unless you know what temperature it is at. I talk about the recipe cards and how it takes care of wondering what to make and buy for two weeks.

The DCB is a fantastic piece, but it doesn't quite sell itself.

beckyjsmith said:
We call it the magic pot. I have a recorded call by Robin House that all of my new consultants receive. It has the best word choices for the magic pot. If I get a chance I will send it to you once I get home. :)

I would love to be included and have it sent to me....it would be so helpful for my new team members. Thanks in advance,

[email protected]

Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I did refer to it as my "magic pot". I didn't mention the price but I didn't mention the price on anything probably because I was nervous since I haven't done a show since May (I'm active but only due to outside orders). Next time I will definitely have to remember to compare it to drive-thru. I know all this I just get so nervous. Thanks!

Becky- If you could post a link to that call that would be so excellent! Or send it to me as well, I would love that! My email is [email protected]. Thank you!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
I would love to be included and have it sent to me....it would be so helpful for my new team members. Thanks in advance,

[email protected]

Sure thing jelly bean! Sometimes it is chaos when I get home and I don't get the chance to get on the puter, so if I haven't sent it by tomorrow morning, please please email me and remind me. I always ask people to remind me if they don't have something I have said I would send because I know me and how wild and cranky my kids can be in the afternoons. :D

Make sure that you tell all about the many incredible uses....I give them a complete spiel about the 30 recipes I give them to use with it (see the other threads with the DCB recipes attached) and explain how it will be the one kitchen item they are sure to use many times a week. Not only for dinner, but for dessert.Then I say "It would be a BARGAIN at $99, but it's not going to cost you that, not even $89 or $79, yes, you can get this AMAZING baker for only $69!! What a GREAT DEAL! It would be CRAZY to pass up this opportunity! -- for less than the cost of 1 dinner out you can have this in your very own kitchen forever!!"Works every time!

1. What is DCB sales?

DCB stands for "Direct Cooking Business" and refers to the sales model used by Pampered Chef consultants. It involves hosting in-home cooking shows and selling kitchen products directly to customers.

2. How do I place a DCB order?

To place a DCB order, you can either attend a Pampered Chef cooking show and purchase products directly from the consultant, or you can place an order through their website using the host's name or consultant's ID number.

3. Are there any discounts or promotions for DCB sales?

Yes, there are often discounts and promotions offered for DCB sales. These can include discounts on certain products, free shipping, or hostess rewards for hosting a cooking show.

4. Can anyone become a Pampered Chef consultant and participate in DCB sales?

Yes, anyone can become a Pampered Chef consultant and participate in DCB sales. There is a small startup fee and consultants receive training and support from the company.

5. Can I return or exchange products purchased through DCB sales?

Yes, Pampered Chef has a satisfaction guarantee policy for all products purchased through DCB sales. If you are not satisfied with a product, you can return or exchange it within a certain timeframe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Melissa78
Replies
Views
DizziePixie
  • paigev71
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
cincychef