• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are you ready for the Fall Customer Appreciation Event on Monday?

In summary, Amanda is trying to call her directors and friends to invite them to her Fall Customer Appreciation Event. She is struggling with speaking on the phone and getting people to answer. She is also struggling with remembering all the details of the event.
babywings76
Gold Member
I just can't do this! I'm struggling so hard today. I have my Fall Customer Appreciation Event on Monday and I'm supposed to get my director a head count for this. (It's a shared event w/ my local clustermates and my director) I need to give her a head count by Friday. So today I'm calling people and leaving messages on machines/ talking to them about the event. I didn't mail invites because frankly, I can't afford it right now. And this event isn't a demo or taking orders event. It's strictly a come, try the food, see the products, and hopefully book a show. We are doing drawings and giving away all the new products. I sent an e-mail invitation out to everyone I have addresses for. Then I'm calling everyone to invite them personally. I just have been intimidated by the phone and haven't done the phone inviting yet. (The kids misbehaving so much this summer has also had a factor in my not getting calls done) That and other summer activities. So today I am starting. I know...I'm terrible.So far the answering machines I'm getting cut me off mid invite. I'm blabbing away. I sound to bubbly and childish and giggly. Uggh! I just can't find a way to give them the details short and sweet yet enough to make them understand what the event is without it being cut off.This is what my script is:Hi, this is Amanda your PC consultant. I'm calling to invite you to my Fall Customer Appreciation Event I'm having this coming Monday, the 17th. It's going to be a lot of fun. We're going to have all the new Fall products there for you to check out. We'll have the new recipes there for you to taste and critique. There's also going to be some Cash and Carry bargains. We're going to have a drawing so you can win the new products. One way to get an entry in that drawing is to RSVP to me by Friday. My number is xxxxx. It starts at 6pm for those who are interested in the Cash and Carry bargains, otherwise, you can leave your wallet at home and the food is going to be served at 6:30pm. It's going to be a lot of fun and I hope you can make it. Hope to hear from you!But I get flustered saying it all. I stammer or trip over my words and giggle and it's embarrassing. I just don't have confidence in what I'm doing. Part of me feels guilty because I didn't mail invites. Part of me feels like I'm a pest calling them. Part of me feels like a salesperson annoying them. Even though this is supposed to be fun, free, and for them, I feel that since I am wanting bookings I'm transparent and it's lame.I need a shot of courage and confidence! And I need to drug my kids so they'll leave me alone for a few minutes. :D (j/k)

What about shortening and simplifying your script. You may be putting too much in there. I'd try this if it were me.....

VOICEMAIL

Hi (person's name), this is Amanda your Pampered Chef lady! I'm calling to invite you to my Fall Customer Appreciation Event next Monday, the 17th at 6pm. We're going to have all the new Fall products there for you to check out, the new recipes to taste, and also some Cash and Carry bargains. We'll be doing a drawing for a chance to win a new product. And if you RSVP to me by Friday you'll get extra entry in the drawing. My number is xxxxx. It's going to be a lot of fun and I hope you can make it. Have a great day!
I didn't mention that food would serve at 6:30pm...because people will be late! :D Plus, you want them to mill around and look/buy/chat, etc.I do reminder calls for all of my hosts. And I have a script written out. Short and sweet with just enough info...don't chat about extra stuff like wallets, food, fun, etc. I timed the above script to about 30 seconds. IT"S OK TO READ IT! :) Just smile when you do! And practice saying/reading it over and over before you pick up the phone. If you have natural voice inflections and such, you'll get through it. I know it sucks, and I hate the phone too, but I have gotten better by reading my script and realizing folks appreciate my call!Now- My recommendation....That's your VOICEMAIL Script. Be prepared with a LIVE PERSON script. Otherwise, it will throw you way off. Be prepared to read the same script- but allow for pauses to talk with the person if need be. So I might have something like this on my script page in front of me:

LIVE PERSON

Hi (person's name), this is Amanda your Pampered Chef lady! How are you? (pause) I'm just calling real quick to invite you to my Fall Customer Appreciation Event next Monday, the 17th at 6pm. We're going to have all the new Fall products there for you to check out, new recipes to taste, and also some Cash and Carry bargains. We'll be doing a drawing for a chance to win a new product. It's going to be a lot of fun and I hope you can make it. (pause for conversation/response - if they tell you they can come- then say 'Great! You'll get an extra entry in our drawing!'. If they say no, then (not sure what to say on that one- I'd probably just say "That's fine. I understand. " and then just wish them a good day. ) Have a great day!
Someone else may have a better response to the live person "no, can't come"...but I'd rather make it more Customer oriented and friendly, and not go into a sales-pitch...but that's me and my style.GOOD LUCK. Once you start calling, just keep going (I personally PREFER leaving messages as I'm getting going...because it gives me time to warm up). :D Give yourself a 'reward break' after X number of calls.

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! That's just the help and boost I need! :D :)I did just reach 2 live people and it went well and they think they're coming. Might be booking and also are looking into fundraiser events too! It just kind of happened when we were chatting.Thanks, I'm changing my script to what you suggested. It is WAY better! :)

Glad I could help! Let us know how it goes for you! (and I have scripts for my reminder calls- if you ever want those...) I too get easily flustered and if I get "off script"...it can get ugly *hehe*. Anyone who remembers my posts from back in january is probably laughing right now- because I was PETRIFIED of the phone or anything close to it. It's still not what I'd call my 'Friend' yet, but it's getting better. Doing show Reminder calls helps, and I'm starting to work into Customer care calls (my goal the next 2 weeks).....after that, I hope it won't be so scary! It helps when you get people who really are nice and seem happy to hear from you!Keep it up! :)

Try looking in a mirror while you are leaving the message.

Shell Northway said:
Try looking in a mirror while you are leaving the message.

That would scare me even more or make me laugh harder! :D

esavvymom said:
Glad I could help! Let us know how it goes for you! (and I have scripts for my reminder calls- if you ever want those...) I too get easily flustered and if I get "off script"...it can get ugly *hehe*. Anyone who remembers my posts from back in january is probably laughing right now- because I was PETRIFIED of the phone or anything close to it. It's still not what I'd call my 'Friend' yet, but it's getting better. Doing show Reminder calls helps, and I'm starting to work into Customer care calls (my goal the next 2 weeks).....after that, I hope it won't be so scary! It helps when you get people who really are nice and seem happy to hear from you!

Keep it up! :)

Would you post your reminder calls script? Your script suggestion here is great. I definitely could use the help with the phone ;)!

:)As a phone phobic myself, I really like the ideas posted here. I am really working on my phobia, and have truly benefitted from the ideas that Tammy Stanley suggests on her CD's.

One of the things she says is that you should never ask "How are you?" after you announce yourself on the phone. Now, if the customer asks "How are you?", then it's okay to say "I'm great..how are you?" because that's good manners...but, asking "how are you?" after you announce yourself not only sounds like and reminds people of a telemarketing call....but oftentimes, it's viewed as insincere. They'll answer your question, and then you say "Well, the reason why I'm calling is..." OR "I'm calling today because..." and the person on the other end thinks "They don't really care how I am". If you DO, however, really care how someone is....then announce yourself, tell them why you are calling, and THEN after you talk business ask them how they are. Because then you will REALLY talk to them about themselves.

You may agree or disagree with this, but I've put it to work...mostly on the negative side because it's been hard for me not to ask "How are you?", and occasionally it still slips out, and I can hear it in the person's voice on the other end that they don't really want to talk to me.

Another change I've made on the phone is I no longer ask "Is this a good time to talk?" or "Do you have a few minutes to talk?" because inevitably people will say "No". As Tammy Stanley says, they pull the rug out from under you. Instead, ask this: "Did I catch you at a bad time?" 9 times out of 10, they will say "No", and you can continue!!! The best example I can give is this one which just happened to me the other night. I called a customer who was looking to book a fall show, and I said "Hi Joy. This is John with the Pampered Chef. I met you at Dawn's show in June. Did I catch you at a bad time?" She said "No. What can I do for you?" I said "Well, at Dawn's show, you expressed interest in hosting a fall show, and I'm starting to book them now. Were you interested in September?" And she said "Actually, I'm on vacation in Hawaii right now and I don't have my calendar on me." Keep in mind, I am a consultant in Connecticut...so clearly I DID call at a bad time, but she said it wasn't. I told her that I would call her when she returns, and I told her WHAT DAY I would call her on!

grab a fake $100 bill and tape it to your business phone - think of it as your 'hundred dollar phone' and that might help you change your thoughts!

Outwhit420, I like your points. Instead of asking "Is this a bad time?" I ask, "Are you interruptible?" Most people are, even if they're busy at the moment.

Pampered_Ashley84 said:
Would you post your reminder calls script? Your script suggestion here is great. I definitely could use the help with the phone ;)!

Here you go:

LIVE Person:
Hi __(Person's name that I'm calling)__- My name is _________, I am with the Pampered Chef. Your friend _(Host's Name)___, asked me to give you a quick call to remind you of her Pampered Chef Cooking Show tomorrow evening at 7pm. (pause a moment- often times I get a reaction like "oh, great!" or "that's right!"- ) We're going to get things started at 7:04pm with a Kick-Off Door Prize drawing- so be sure to get their early for a chance to win! (pause if needed- they sometimes tell you if they are coming or not, or ask you a question, etc) I look forward to meeting you.

****VOICEMAIL MESSAGE****
Hi __(person's name that I'm calling)__ - your friend, __________, asked me to give you a quick call to remind you about her Pampered Chef Cooking Show this Wednesday evening at 7pm. My name is ____________, and I’ll be your consultant for the night. We’ll get things started at 7:04pm with a Kick-Off Door Prize drawing- so be sure to get their early for a chance to win! Please feel free to bring a guest and earn an entry!

If you’ve not yet RSVP’d to ___(friend's name)__, could you please take a moment right now and give her a quick call to let her know if you can make it? Thank you for doing that. Her number is 555-0000 . Have a great day & I hope to see you there!

Some things I do before I make calls:
  • find out who HAS rsvp'd "yes". I don't ask my host for a list of the "yes's"- just 'no's'. But if we did e-vites, I check there to see who said "yes". I make note on my call-sheet, and then just leave out the "RSVP" paragraph- since I know they already called and said yes. I also don't call the "no's" if I know who they are (either from the host, or the PWS guest list).
  • Fill in all the blanks for the Host's Name, the correct day and times, and the Hosts Phone number.
  • I don't fill in the person's name- I just have a slip of paper that helps me stay on the right line and I have my pen pointed there so I say the right person's name. :blushing:

Each call takes me about 1 minute from the time I dial to the time I hang up. :D I've done this the last 7 shows I've done, and my show attendance has been really good....I don't know my average, but I think the smallest show I have had in the last 7 was 8 guests plus the host? My biggest was last night- 15 people. I think I average 10-12. That's great! Sales are slightly higher than national average at most of my shows, but that many people- gets pretty loud! :sing:

Hope that helps! It does get a little easier. I'm still working on Customer care calls (will use the PC scripts in the Business Guide and some words I got from my ED. If I come up with something good- I'll share it later!)

What can I do to make phone calls less intimidating?

One way to make phone calls less intimidating is to write down a script or talking points beforehand. This will help you feel more prepared and confident during the call.

How can I overcome my fear of making phone calls?

Practice makes perfect! Start by making short, simple phone calls to friends or family members. As you become more comfortable, gradually move on to more important calls.

What if I don't know what to say during a phone call?

Try to always have a purpose for the call, such as setting up a meeting or asking a specific question. If you're feeling stuck, it's okay to ask for a moment to gather your thoughts or to schedule a call for a later time.

How do I handle difficult or angry customers on the phone?

Stay calm and professional. Listen to their concerns and acknowledge their frustration. Offer solutions and follow up with them to ensure their issue has been resolved.

Is it okay to use a script during phone calls?

Yes, it's perfectly fine to use a script as a guideline for your phone calls. However, make sure to sound natural and not robotic. It's important to personalize the conversation and adapt to the customer's responses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• luvinpc
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • missi.robbins
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
laurichef
  • babywings76