• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor aWoman Is in a Grocery Store and Happens Upon a Grandpa and His

In summary, a woman encounters a grandpa and his misbehaving 3 year-old grandson at a grocery store. Despite the child's continuous outbursts and disruptive behavior, the grandpa remains calm and composed, reassuring the child that everything will be okay. The woman is impressed by the grandpa's composure and later discovers that he is actually the child's grandfather. The conversation ends with a funny twist, leaving the woman laughing and remembering her own grandfather.
colegrovet
Gold Member
A woman is in a grocery store and happens upon a grandpa and his poorly behaving 3 year-old grandson at every turn. It's obvious Gramps has his hands full with the kid screaming for candy in the candy aisle, cookies in the cookie aisle; same for fruit, cereal and soda.

Meanwhile, Gramps is working his way around, saying in a controlled voice, 'Easy, Albert, we won't be long -- easy, boy.' Another outburst, and she hears Gramps calmly say, 'It's okay, Albert, just a couple more minutes and we'll be outta here -- hang in there.'

At the checkout, the little terror is throwing items out of the cart, and Gramps again in a controlled voice is saying, 'Albert, Albert, relax buddy, don't get upset. We'll be home in five minutes; stay cool, Albert.'

Very impressed, the woman goes outside where Gramps is loading his groceries and the boy into the car. 'You know, sir, it's none of my business, but you were amazing in there. I don't know how you did it. That whole time, you kept your composure, and no matter how loud and disruptive he got, you just calmly kept saying things would be okay. Albert is very lucky to have you for his grandpa.'

'Thanks, lady,' said Gramps, 'But I'm Albert -- the little bas**rd's name is Stevie.'

Re: Grampa....That is a keeper! I agree with Linda rotflmao

Re: Grampa....Thanks for sharing...very funny! :p

Re: Grampa....First I am crying now I am spitting things at my screen and out my nose! I knew I shouldn't have taken a swig of my soda!

Re: Grampa....I don't know whether to laugh or cry. This totally would have been something my grandpa would have done. Us kids were a handful for him. He rarely let me grandma get too far from us. The reason for my questionable laugh or cry is because I have been an emotional wreck the last 2 days, and when I get this way, my grandpa is the only thing I can think about. He passed about 2.5 years ago, and what would have been his 73 birthday is fast approaching. :) Thank you for the smalll chuckle, and the memories of grandpa that came running through my head.

1. What are some tips for engaging with a grandpa and his grandkids in a grocery store?

When encountering a grandpa and his grandkids in a grocery store, it's important to be respectful and friendly. Try striking up a conversation by asking the grandpa about his grandchildren or mentioning something you've noticed in the store that they might enjoy. Offer to help them reach items on high shelves or suggest fun activities they can do together with the items they are purchasing.

2. How can I make a grandpa and his grandkids feel welcome in the store?

Making a grandpa and his grandkids feel welcome can be as simple as offering a smile and a kind word. You can also make them feel more comfortable by asking if they need help finding anything or offering them a sample of a product you are demonstrating. Making them feel valued and appreciated can go a long way in creating a positive shopping experience for them.

3. Are there any specific products or recipes that are popular with grandpas and their grandkids?

Grandpas and their grandkids may have varying tastes, but some popular products and recipes that are enjoyed by many include easy-to-make meals such as sheet pan dinners, kid-friendly snacks like homemade granola bars, and fun kitchen gadgets like cookie cutters. It's always a good idea to ask the grandpa and his grandkids if they have any particular favorites or dietary restrictions before making recommendations.

4. How can I help a grandpa and his grandkids have a more interactive shopping experience?

To help a grandpa and his grandkids have a more interactive shopping experience, you can suggest products that they can use together, such as a popcorn maker or a pizza stone. You can also involve the grandkids in the shopping process by letting them pick out ingredients or have them help with tasks like scanning items at the self-checkout. This can make the shopping trip more engaging and enjoyable for everyone.

5. What are some ways to build a long-lasting relationship with grandpas and their grandkids as customers?

Building a long-lasting relationship with grandpas and their grandkids as customers starts with providing excellent customer service and making them feel valued and appreciated. You can also keep in touch with them by offering cooking tips or sending them new product updates. Hosting cooking classes or events targeted towards families can also be a great way to build a stronger connection with grandpas and their grandkids as customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cwinter474
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • lacychef
  • General Chat
Replies