• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aTwist on the Sw Seasoning Salsa

In summary, the aTwist on the Sw Seasoning Salsa is a versatile seasoning blend with a mild level of spiciness and a touch of sweetness. It can be used as a dry rub, added to soups and stews, mixed with cream cheese, or sprinkled on vegetables. It is made with a blend of herbs and spices, including garlic, onion, cumin, and chili powder, and is gluten-free and free of artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives.
raebates
Staff member
I just tried the salsa from the back of the Southwestern Seasoning Mix using a 50/50 mix of tomatoes and tomatillos. Tasty.

raebates said:
I just tried the salsa from the back of the Southwestern Seasoning Mix using a 50/50 mix of tomatoes and tomatillos. Tasty.

gotta question... what do tomatillos taste like? do they taste like tomatoes? are they spicy?

I think they taste similar to tomatoes, and they are not spicey.

Tomatillos are a cousin to the tomato. They are different--slightly more acidic. It's kind of like the differences between vanillas or cinnamons. Here's what Food Lover's Companion says:
This fruit, which is also called Mexican green tomato, belongs to the same nightshade family as the tomato. in fact, it resembles a small green tomato in size, shape, and appearance except fotr the fact that it has a thin parchment-like covering. . . . Although tomatillos can ripen to yellow, they are generally used while still green and quite firm. Their flavor has hints of lemon, apple, and herbs. . . . tomatillos are popular in Mexican and Southwest cooking . . . can be used raw in salads and salsas for a more acidic taste. . . . The tomatillo is also called jamberry.

Hi there! I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the salsa from the Southwestern Seasoning Mix! It's always great to hear when our customers try new recipes and love the results. The 50/50 mix of tomatoes and tomatillos sounds like a delicious twist on the traditional salsa recipe. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Happy cooking!

1. How do I use the aTwist on the Sw Seasoning Salsa?

The aTwist on the Sw Seasoning Salsa is a versatile seasoning blend that can be used in a variety of ways. It can be used as a dry rub on meats, added to soups and stews for extra flavor, or mixed with cream cheese for a delicious dip. The possibilities are endless!

2. What ingredients are in the aTwist on the Sw Seasoning Salsa?

The aTwist on the Sw Seasoning Salsa is made with a blend of herbs and spices, including garlic, onion, cumin, and chili powder. It also contains a touch of sugar for a hint of sweetness.

3. Is the aTwist on the Sw Seasoning Salsa spicy?

The aTwist on the Sw Seasoning Salsa has a mild level of spiciness. It has a slight kick, but it is not overpowering. If you prefer a spicier flavor, you can add some crushed red pepper flakes or hot sauce to the mix.

4. Can I use the aTwist on the Sw Seasoning Salsa on vegetables?

Absolutely! The aTwist on the Sw Seasoning Salsa is great on vegetables. Simply sprinkle it on your favorite veggies before roasting or grilling for a delicious and flavorful side dish.

5. Is the aTwist on the Sw Seasoning Salsa gluten-free?

Yes, the aTwist on the Sw Seasoning Salsa is gluten-free. It is also free of any artificial flavors, colors, or preservatives, making it a healthy and flavorful choice for all dietary needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • floccies
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • susanr613
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies