• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aShipping Story to Share With Your Guests

In summary, Dave sent 2 small orders combined together to save on shipping. He prepared a "motherless day" project of baking cookies for his neighbor. The cost of shipping was more than the cost of the cookies themselves.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
Well, PC has shipped my 4/30 show, containing 2 small orders I combined b/c the guest whined about a measly $4.25 shipping.

In the interim, I prepared my "motherless day" project. (Every year I go out of my way to do something special for someone who has either lost a mother, is estranged from her or just can't be near her ... and usually doesn't have kids either, just a way of getting through the day by helping others.)

This year, since the package was going to California, I moved away from a potted plant or cut flowers and instead went with 2 dozen home-baked, chocolate chip cookies.

Guess how much it cost to send a small tin, cookies in a ziplock inside the tin, and a card?

$10.70. That's right, more than DOUBLE what these two guests would have paid had they done their orders separate!

Wow. So did you mail a double batch? I mean, I'm without my mother and I'm in California.

Ask those guests how much they spent to send flowers to their mom's this week!? A $25 vase of flowers costs $50 by the time you check out! (Yes, I'm cheap...I prefer more practical gifts that last. :D)People are just self-centered sometimes and don't really pay attention to other things around them or what they really pay. You/We just happen to be someone they can direct it to at that moment. I had a Mary-kay consultant get snippy with me because I wouldn't give her free shipping on direct orders under $50 or $100 (don;t remember which). She said "I do it for MY customers.". I said "I can't afford to do that., sorry." She walked away...I was happy. :)Thanks for the example, btw.

Just got an Edible Arrangement as a thank-you for my neighbor. Cost to pick-up at the store? $0. Delivery charge? $12. You better believe I picked it up at the store.

More than once I've had a host ask when an online guest chooses direct shipping how much her friend is paying in shipping. Last time, the guest's order was small enough that it was only $2 additional for the direct shipping. The customer balances out the whiners.

Ha ha, Dave! Would have asked for your snail mail if I had. This year I felt called to reach out to a Twitterfriend who recently lost his mom ... and so many of the things he posted reminded me of my struggle 11 years ago.I do think I'll share that story with people as an illustration of what a bargain our shipping is!

1. What is a Shipping Story to Share With Your Guests?

A Shipping Story to Share With Your Guests is a fun way to engage your guests during your Pampered Chef party. It is a story that highlights the journey of a package from the time it leaves our warehouse to when it arrives at your doorstep.

2. How do I incorporate a Shipping Story to Share With Your Guests into my party?

You can incorporate the Shipping Story into your party by sharing it during your presentation or by including it in your party invitations. You can also have a physical copy of the story available for guests to read during the party.

3. Can I customize the Shipping Story to fit my party theme?

Yes, you can customize the Shipping Story to fit your party theme by adding relevant images or personalizing the story with your own details. Just make sure to keep the overall structure and message of the story the same.

4. How long does it take to share the Shipping Story with my guests?

The Shipping Story is designed to be a quick and engaging addition to your party, so it should only take a few minutes to share with your guests. However, you can choose to add more details or expand on certain parts of the story to make it longer.

5. What are the benefits of sharing a Shipping Story with my guests?

Sharing a Shipping Story with your guests can help create a memorable and interactive experience for them. It also highlights the quality and care that goes into the shipping process at Pampered Chef, which can increase trust and confidence in our products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Nanisu
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • bethsbiz
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Christ Follower
  • ChefMommyinOC