• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

A shipping story to share with your guests

Intrepid_Chef

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 6, 2007
Well, PC has shipped my 4/30 show, containing 2 small orders I combined b/c the guest whined about a measly $4.25 shipping.

In the interim, I prepared my "motherless day" project. (Every year I go out of my way to do something special for someone who has either lost a mother, is estranged from her or just can't be near her ... and usually doesn't have kids either, just a way of getting through the day by helping others.)

This year, since the package was going to California, I moved away from a potted plant or cut flowers and instead went with 2 dozen home-baked, chocolate chip cookies.

Guess how much it cost to send a small tin, cookies in a ziplock inside the tin, and a card?

$10.70. That's right, more than DOUBLE what these two guests would have paid had they done their orders separate!

RMDave

Advanced Member
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2009
Wow. So did you mail a double batch? I mean, I'm without my mother and I'm in California.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
Ask those guests how much they spent to send flowers to their mom's this week!? A $25 vase of flowers costs $50 by the time you check out! (Yes, I'm cheap...I prefer more practical gifts that last. :D)

People are just self-centered sometimes and don't really pay attention to other things around them or what they really pay. You/We just happen to be someone they can direct it to at that moment. I had a Mary-kay consultant get snippy with me because I wouldn't give her free shipping on direct orders under $50 or $100 (don;t remember which). She said "I do it for MY customers.". I said "I can't afford to do that., sorry." She walked away...I was happy. :)

Thanks for the example, btw.

Becca_in_MD

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jan 9, 2009
Just got an Edible Arrangement as a thank-you for my neighbor. Cost to pick-up at the store? $0. Delivery charge? $12. You better believe I picked it up at the store.

More than once I've had a host ask when an online guest chooses direct shipping how much her friend is paying in shipping. Last time, the guest's order was small enough that it was only $2 additional for the direct shipping. The customer balances out the whiners.

Intrepid_Chef

Legend Member
Silver Member
Nov 6, 2007
Ha ha, Dave! Would have asked for your snail mail if I had. This year I felt called to reach out to a Twitterfriend who recently lost his mom ... and so many of the things he posted reminded me of my struggle 11 years ago.

I do think I'll share that story with people as an illustration of what a bargain our shipping is!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
Replies
Views
maldvs
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
Replies
Views