• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aReturn for My Mom's Coworker/Host

In summary, the customer is mad because the consultant is not going to cover the cost of the broken piece.
babywings76
Gold Member
A bit of a vent:

My mom has a coworker who is a very high-stress kind of person. She did a catalog show last November so she could get all the stoneware that was on her wishlist at the discount/free with host benefits. Now her Large Round Stone w/ handles broke and she was going to buy a new one. I told her about it being covered under the guarantee. I explained how I can have a new one sent to her, she would just need to send HO a palm sized piece.

My mom gave me the broken piece the other day. I was a bit disappointed, cause now they both are expecting me to take care of it fully. She said that the girl is so high stress and my mom didn't want her to have to deal with having to return it, etc, so she told her to give her the piece and she'd show it to me. I was a little annoyed because now I have to pay for it. My mom saw my disappointment in that I'd have to cover the cost and then she said, "Well, then I'll just pay for it." But I don't think my mom should have to pay for my customer service situations.

I'm just going to pay for it, I know I shouldn't vent....but it just bothered me. I'm not doing well w/ PC right now and am in debt actually (from my supply orders and sample purchases and I had several shows cancel/not pan out), so having to pay for one more thing just irritates me right now. But I know many consultants handle the shipping back of items for their customers as a courtesy, so I shouldn't complain and just follow suit so I can keep my past host happy.

babywings76 said:
A bit of a vent:

My mom has a coworker who is a very high-stress kind of person. She did a catalog show last November so she could get all the stoneware that was on her wishlist at the discount/free with host benefits. Now her Large Round Stone w/ handles broke and she was going to buy a new one. I told her about it being covered under the guarantee. I explained how I can have a new one sent to her, she would just need to send HO a palm sized piece.

My mom gave me the broken piece the other day. I was a bit disappointed, cause now they both are expecting me to take care of it fully. She said that the girl is so high stress and my mom didn't want her to have to deal with having to return it, etc, so she told her to give her the piece and she'd show it to me. I was a little annoyed because now I have to pay for it. My mom saw my disappointment in that I'd have to cover the cost and then she said, "Well, then I'll just pay for it." But I don't think my mom should have to pay for my customer service situations.

I'm just going to pay for it, I know I shouldn't vent....but it just bothered me. I'm not doing well w/ PC right now and am in debt actually (from my supply orders and sample purchases and I had several shows cancel/not pan out), so having to pay for one more thing just irritates me right now. But I know many consultants handle the shipping back of items for their customers as a courtesy, so I shouldn't complain and just follow suit so I can keep my past host happy.

If you send back just a small piece in a padded envelope via regular US mail, it should cost more than a $1 or so...

(((hugs))) Your Mom needs to understand that she can't make promises about you and your business. It was not fair for her to assume that you would provide the return service. Explain to your Mom that you do not want to set a precedence for returning items for customers until you are far enough along in the business to be making enough commission to justify the extra cost. Hopefully, she will understand and not volunteer you to do it again in the future.

I know a lot of consultants prefer to handle the customer service and returns personally. For me though, I don't have the time to sit on hold with HO, and I don't currently have a busy enough business that I could do several at a time. If a customer has an exchange, guarantee issue etc, I direct them to call HO. HO gets all the answers they need, they explain how it all works, and if the customer isn't happy with the resolution (which would have been the same if I had called), they address it.

I tried being the one handling issues before, and it usually caused more hassle than it was worth, and lots of extra phone calls to get questions to answers. At first I felt guilty about changing how I handle them, but then I realized this is what HO is for. To help us and support us with the more complicated things so we don't have to. That's the beauty of our business, we don't have to deal with some of the more frustrating aspects, we can concentrate on our shows and customers.

I don't pay for returns. I'll do all the legwork, but I make sure they keep the product themselves. When I first started a customer thrust her Quickstir pitcher at me and in a loud tone told me to fix it. I took her info and called HO. She had received it as a gift so PC replaced it and sent it to me. I had no clue who it went to because I lost the original information. It sat in my garage for months until the lady called demanding to know where her pitcher was.

I let her know that I paid for the shipping, but because PC couldn't find her or her friend's receipt they did a goodwill gesture and sent me a new one. At the time the receipt had a disclaimer saying that consultants were not authorized to take returns. I got a thanks of some sort and a "Will you drop it off to my house?"

It would take a lot for me to pay for a return again. I find guests are grateful just not having to make the call. Many of my repeat and first time hosts are guests that I helped that way.

I feel like they can buy their Pampered Chef from anyone, but they can't buy my customer service from anyone. I'd do the adjustment and send it back--i do it all the time, and I have a lot of customer loyalty. Do it just to be nice.

I do on online adjustment and give the customer the return shipping address & return authorization number if HO wants the product returned.

Worst comes to worst, you can always write it off with taxes. If you do send it, it doesn't have to be a big piece. I know they say palm sized, but they have taken smaller.

AJPratt said:
Worst comes to worst, you can always write it off with taxes. If you do send it, it doesn't have to be a big piece. I know they say palm sized, but they have taken smaller.

They didn't say WHO'S Palm! Do you have kids? ;) A toddler's palm is much smaller than yours! *hehe*

I think that request is just to make sure you really broke it anyway.

1. How do I initiate a return for my mom's coworker/host?

To initiate a return, please contact our customer service team at 1-800-999-3438 or through our online chat feature. They will guide you through the return process and provide you with a return shipping label.

2. Is there a time limit for returns?

We accept returns within 30 days of purchase. However, if your mom's coworker/host purchased the item as a part of a party order, the return window may be extended. Please contact our customer service team for more information.

3. Can the return be processed for store credit instead of a refund?

Yes, we offer the option for store credit for returns. Please let our customer service team know if you would prefer store credit instead of a refund.

4. Will my mom's coworker/host be responsible for shipping fees for the return?

No, we provide a prepaid return shipping label for all returns. Your mom's coworker/host will not be responsible for any shipping fees.

5. What if the item is damaged or defective?

If the item is damaged or defective, please contact our customer service team immediately. We will arrange for a replacement or refund, and cover any shipping costs for the return.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefcharity
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • pcjenkunkel