• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you ever tried a pantry sampling style show?

:)Thanks, Becky! This type of show is definitely something I can see myself doing more of in the near future. :)
foodygirl
I'm planning on doing a couple of upcoming shows where we will be 'sampling' some of the new pantry items including the Pineapple Rum Sauce, the dipping seasonings etc..

These shows are for repeat Hosts who want something a bit different. I'm curious if anyone else has done this, and if so, do you have any helpful tips or ideas?

Thank you so much! :)

I've been doing this at many of my shows the past 3 months!

I do a 30 Minute Chicken to demo the DCB, and then I do oil dipping seasonings w/ warm french bread, and pineapple rum sauce over cream cheese, served with crackers, and ginger wasabi sauce served with carrots and cucumbers for dipping. (pretzels sometimes too). Then, if the host wants, we also peel and core a pineapple. I put the chicken in the micro, and then slice small chunks of bread, and serve it with the oils, and show the UM, and the knives for slicing carrots and cucumbers, and also the pineapple, along with with the pineapple corer. I serve it all on Dots and Bamboo. People have been loving it!

ChefBeckyD said:
I've been doing this at many of my shows the past 3 months!

I do a 30 Minute Chicken to demo the DCB, and then I do oil dipping seasonings w/ warm french bread, and pineapple rum sauce over cream cheese, served with crackers, and ginger wasabi sauce served with carrots and cucumbers for dipping. (pretzels sometimes too). Then, if the host wants, we also peel and core a pineapple. I put the chicken in the micro, and then slice small chunks of bread, and serve it with the oils, and show the UM, and the knives for slicing carrots and cucumbers, and also the pineapple, along with with the pineapple corer. I serve it all on Dots and Bamboo. People have been loving it!

Becky....my brain isn't working. You use the UM for slicing bread? Which blade? I have zero luck with bread and so always buy it sliced! This would be great if I'm reading correctly.

TIA!

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Becky....my brain isn't working. You use the UM for slicing bread? Which blade? I have zero luck with bread and so always buy it sliced! This would be great if I'm reading correctly.

TIA!

No....I might have put the comma in the wrong place.:eek::p

I slice the bread with a bread knife...I use the UM to slice cucumber. :D

Dang....I was so hoping it was possible! lol

Thanks!

That's a great idea for a simple summer show. I think I'll suggest that to some of my upcoming hosts.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:

TIA!

I use the Green Bread Knife and it works like a dream! Also helps me to sell quite a few to those who don't have the money for the Forged Cutlery.

ChefBeckyD said:
I do a 30 Minute Chicken to demo the DCB, and then I do oil dipping seasonings w/ warm french bread, and pineapple rum sauce over cream cheese, served with crackers, and ginger wasabi sauce served with carrots and cucumbers for dipping. (pretzels sometimes too). I serve it all on Dots and Bamboo. People have been loving it!

Becky:

How to you cut the chicken when it's done?? How do you display it. When I cook the chicken at home, it looks like it's been massacered (?SP) by a hungry tribe of 3 year olds. Haven't done it at a show yet because of this.
:chef:

Thank you Becky - I appreciate your input and glad to hear that this type of show is working for you!

Aunticooks said:
Becky:

How to you cut the chicken when it's done?? How do you display it. When I cook the chicken at home, it looks like it's been massacered (?SP) by a hungry tribe of 3 year olds. Haven't done it at a show yet because of this.
:chef:

Yep, that's exactly what mine looks like too!:p

I show it to them when I take it out of the micro, and say something about taking a good look while it still looks pretty, because once I start hacking at it, it won't look like this anymore.
I have found though that using the kitchen shears to cut off the legs, and the thighs, and split the breast before slicing it helps some - and people are always amazed at how easily the shears cut through the chicken bone, that I usually end up selling at least one pair!

I serve it on the Dots Oval Platter, with the small bamboo tongs and the little bamboo fork.

You'reso awesome and helpful Becky! Thanks!

Ok, I've seen several posts about the UM, but to be honest I don't even bother with mine anymore. It just doesn't work for me. :cry: Am I doing something wrong? Everytime I even try to slice a tomato it looks as if I'm making salsa! It mutilates everything I put in it. I'd love to use it at shows, especially a sampling show.
~Kel

Saturday Gourmet said:
Ok, I've seen several posts about the UM, but to be honest I don't even bother with mine anymore. It just doesn't work for me. :cry: Am I doing something wrong? Everytime I even try to slice a tomato it looks as if I'm making salsa! It mutilates everything I put in it. I'd love to use it at shows, especially a sampling show.
~Kel

There is a Product Demo video on Consultant's Corner. I'd start there.

Consultant's Corner > Products and Recipes > Pampered Chef Products > Demonstration Videos > Product Demo Videos - Then select "Cutting Edge" to find the Ultimate Mandoline.

Saturday Gourmet said:
~Kel

Don't feel bad Kel! I have both the USG and UM and don't use either:eek: I cut myself bad with the USG at a show (did get a 1K show that night though!) and never did get the hang out of the UM even after watching the video a few times. So they both sit in the dark depths of my lower corner cabinet. At least they're not alone though - they have each other! ;)

maybe you can bring it to your next cluster meeting (if you have one), and ask your director to help you?

Last month at my Cluster Meeting, our director, went over the UM. She went over the whole process, a huge help to me! Especially with it being summer time and people are likely to buying it :)

Am I the only one who reads the title of this thread as a panty sampling style show? I do a double-take every time I see it. Then I giggle.

raebates said:
Am I the only one who reads the title of this thread as a panty sampling style show? I do a double-take every time I see it. Then I giggle.

Naughty, naughty Rae! Ann yesterday and you today! :)

What is a Pantry Sampling Style Show?

A Pantry Sampling Style Show is a fun and interactive way to showcase our products and demonstrate how they can be used in everyday cooking. It involves sampling delicious dishes made with our products and learning new tips and tricks for using them in the kitchen.

How long does a Pantry Sampling Style Show last?

Typically, a Pantry Sampling Style Show lasts about 2 hours. This allows enough time for guests to try different dishes, ask questions, and place orders if they wish.

Do I need to provide any ingredients for the Pantry Sampling Style Show?

No, as a Pampered Chef consultant, I will bring all the necessary ingredients for the dishes we will be sampling. You just need to provide a clean and spacious area for the demonstration and seating for your guests.

Can I earn free products by hosting a Pantry Sampling Style Show?

Yes, as a thank you for hosting a Pantry Sampling Style Show, you can earn free and discounted products based on the total sales from your show. It's a great way to stock up on kitchen essentials or try out new products.

Can I customize the dishes for my Pantry Sampling Style Show?

Absolutely! As a consultant, I am happy to work with you to customize the dishes for your show based on your preferences and dietary restrictions. Just let me know beforehand and I will do my best to accommodate your requests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
1PamperedMommy
  • liljen19
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
aPamperedBride
  • PC_Megan