• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Start Selling Pantry Items to Reach Show Quotas: Feedback Appreciated

In summary, the author is creating a Pantry Club where she will contact her customers during the first week of the month to see if they need anything and she will only do free shipping for the club members. She will also buy 9 get the 10th free and she has a spreadsheet to keep track of her purchases.
Tracy99
Gold Member
So what do you think of this idea? Ideally I'd like to get enough in pantry orders a month to count as a show. I'd put all the orders under one name since there isn't really a warranty to deal with and I'd pay the shipping then drop the orders off.

I want to take the flyer to my show tonight to pass around. Feedback appreciated. Anyone else do this? I am wondering how many months I'll get screwed with just one order or something and not enough for a show. I plan to call all my past customers who have ordered pantry items and tell them about it.

Attachments

• Pantry.doc
    138.5 KB · Views: 872
Oh and proof read it for me. Normally my husband proofs my stuff but he is out of town right now. Thanks.

I know several consultants offer something like this. I have been wanting to do so as well, but the delivery part has made me hold back. I work full-time, and have customers sprawled around the metro-Atlanta area, so I'm not sure I want to do all that driving.

I didn't proof read it too closely, but at the bottom by your * I think you would want "must" instead of "most".

looks good to me :)
i would change the most to must as well
thanks for the idea!!

I'm not the world's best proofreader, but it looks good to me as long as you change the aforementioned "most" to "must."I just started a Pantry Club. Most months I submit a catalog show of my own and figured this would (1) give those shows a boost and (b) keep me in touch with my customers. The way mine works is I will contact you during the first week of the month to see if you need anything (a great reminder for Forgetful Francines). I don't do free shipping. I do buy 9 get the 10th free. I have a spreadsheet to keep track of purchases so I can remind the club members how close they are to a free item. That way I get commission on what I'm giving away.

raebates said:
I don't do free shipping. I do buy 9 get the 10th free. I have a spreadsheet to keep track of purchases so I can remind the club members how close they are to a free item. That way I get commission on what I'm giving away.

Do you do direct shipping or do you offer "Ship to Host" and then deliver products? I know you're in an area where your customers are a bit more spread out.

It depends. For those who are close enough to make it logical, I have their items shipped to me, then deliver quickly. For others I have them pay the standard shipping, paying the extra to have it shipped direct. It's usually not much, and lots cheaper than driving to them with gas prices this high.

raebates said:
It depends. For those who are close enough to make it logical, I have their items shipped to me, then deliver quickly. For others I have them pay the standard shipping, paying the extra to have it shipped direct. It's usually not much, and lots cheaper than driving to them with gas prices this high.

Thanks :) I have to get over feeling guilty charging people shipping. They're customers, and I provide them with a service. Most any other website, and especially any other DS company does the same. But, if someone works int he same building, I have no problem bringing something in to work for them, since I'll be here anyway.

Have you considered doing this sort of like the 10/10 club in that they agree to purchase a certain amount every month? I know I always need SOMETHING, so if you "require" them to always purchase like maybe 2 items, then they can always have a rotation of needs AND you ensure you have the amount you need (assuming you get like 10-15 folks on board)?

I haven't. The Spice Club looks like it will work well for me.

OK it sounds good on paper but what about enough orders every month? I thought about this but how do you make sure you have $150 in orders every single month?

pampered1224 said:
OK it sounds good on paper but what about enough orders every month? I thought about this but how do you make sure you have $150 in orders every single month?

That is what I am going to try to work out. I think I could always add it to another show if I am low or if it is just one or two things pay the direct shipping. (or maybe keep a few favorites on hand for that type of thing). I am hoping to do more pantry shows or at least feature an item at each show so I can talk about my pantry offering. If it doesnt work, it doesnt work but I know id be more likely to try a rub if I didnt have to pay shipping on it.

raebates said:
I'm not the world's best proofreader, but it looks good to me as long as you change the aforementioned "most" to "must."

I just started a Pantry Club. Most months I submit a catalog show of my own and figured this would (1) give those shows a boost and (b) keep me in touch with my customers.

The way mine works is I will contact you during the first week of the month to see if you need anything (a great reminder for Forgetful Francines). I don't do free shipping. I do buy 9 get the 10th free. I have a spreadsheet to keep track of purchases so I can remind the club members how close they are to a free item. That way I get commission on what I'm giving away.

That's a great idea. For someone like me, I'd buy 3 or 4 items for the shipping. Even with Direct shipping- I can usually buy 4 rubs and still only pay the first-tier Direct shipping rate. If it's show-shipping, then obviously it doesn't matter. So after 2 or 3 orders, my shipping would be free.

I think if you offered them a wide variety of ideas of what these rubs/seasonings/sauces can be used for, that will help. Don't just say "Buy these products!". People (like me!) need specific ideas to visualize how I can use them. I've got some rubs that I'm just not sure how to use (Greek, Morrocan, etc)....so without the visualization, I'd hesitate otherwise. But if I know how to use them, I'd be more willing to give it a try.

I think it's a great idea. Not sure I'd do a "required" clause or not. I may just make a special offer - like the buy 9, get 1 free (or free shipping), etc. PLUS- with the Free shipping, they might add a few other items to their list!

I love the buy 9 get the 10th Free idea. Just wondering if someone buys 9 rubs and wants a sauce FREE, if you would do that OR do you separate the rubs/seasonings/spices, etc.
Maybe Savory/Dessert Spices count as 2 and get a rub/seasoning Free...
THANKS for the great ideas!

bobbi - maybe these will help!

Attachments

• no info GREEK CHEESE AND SPINACH SPREAD.doc
    16 KB · Views: 431
  • no info GREEK CHEESE IN CUCUMBER BOATS.doc
    14.2 KB · Views: 408
  • no Info GREEK SALAD.doc
    17.8 KB · Views: 441
  • No Info MOROCCAN KALAMATA OLIVE AND RED PEPPER.doc
    12.8 KB · Views: 437
  • No Info MOROCCAN RICE.doc
    12.6 KB · Views: 461
John, that's usually not an issue for me. For instance, right now I have 5 orders for the new MCM waiting to go in. If all else fails, I can always add an order or two to another show going in.CoraMW, they are perfectly welcome to do that. My rule is that anything pantry counts. Generally people will pick something they're already hooked on. But, since my goal is to enhance customer loyalty, I'd be fine with the paid rubs/free sauce scenario.

Anyone have details on the Spice Club idea? How much do you charge etc.

1. What is the benefit of selling pantry items to reach show quotas?

By selling pantry items, you have the opportunity to reach show quotas faster and earn more commission. Pantry items are typically less expensive than other Pampered Chef products, making them an easy and appealing add-on for customers.

2. How do I know which pantry items to sell?

Pampered Chef provides a list of recommended pantry items that are popular among customers. You can also talk to your customers and ask them which pantry items they would be interested in purchasing.

3. Can I still earn host rewards when selling pantry items?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards when selling pantry items. The host will receive credit for each pantry item sold, just like any other Pampered Chef product.

4. Is there a minimum number of pantry items I need to sell to reach show quotas?

There is no set minimum number of pantry items that you need to sell. However, it is recommended to sell at least one pantry item per show to help reach your quotas faster.

5. How can I track my progress in selling pantry items?

You can track your progress in selling pantry items by using the Pampered Chef consultant app or by checking your monthly sales report. These resources will show you how many pantry items you have sold and how close you are to reaching your show quotas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Brandi2007
Replies
Views
kam
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies