• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor Can Candy Corn Be Considered a Vegetable?

In summary, Ann thinks that candy corn can be counted as a vegetable and that it's good for you. Rae thinks that it should definitely count as a vegetable and that it reminds her of Tom and Jerry.

Do you think it's okay for me to count candy corn as a vegetable?

• Absolutely! What a silly question.

Votes: 12 33.3%
  • No Way! Don't be ridiculous

Votes: 8 22.2%
  • Why would you even ask? If chocolate is a vegetable, so is candy corn.

Votes: 17 47.2%
  • I don't understand the question.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
raebates
Staff member
What do you think? Can candy corn be counted as a vegetable? I just thought that if I could count candy corn I'd be sure to get my 5 or more servings a day. :p

I'm the dud who said 'no' first! but I'm also a mom...I have to say that! ;)

I am not a mom..so for me it is different..and I always use the chocolate is a vegetable line..LOL

I said Absolutely!

I'm a Mom, but I still said YES! :D

We buy one bag of BRACH's (only Brach's will do) at this time of year every year...and enjoy them completely and without guilt or remorse.

I'm with you Becky, except instead of "we" buying and consuming....it's just "me."

susanr613 said:
I'm with you Becky, except instead of "we" buying and consuming....it's just "me."

LOL - I'd like it to be just me...but it's hard to keep them hidden from DH.

We were married in October, and at the reception, instead of mints or something like that on the tables, we had Candy Corn and Peanuts. DH and I both :love:LOVE:love: candy corn.

Great...now I want some - and we haven't bought any yet.:cry:

Life is uncertain.Eat dessert first.

Thank you all my enablers. The Furry Guy insists that the answer is no, so I haven't bought any. He did mention that he saw the gourmet candy corn and hopes some will be left to go on sale after Halloween--especially the blackberry.

Here's someone who wants to help you, Rae.

http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2008/11/funny-pictures-bird-wonders-if-he-made-candy-corn1.jpg

LOL Rae you are too much!!!:D I think it should count for sure but not sure my boot camp instructor would agree!! LOL

Well, I get adequate pumpkin intake also with my Brach's pumpkins too!:D Perhaps this is why I resemble a pumpkin????:rolleyes:;)

Ann, you in no way resemble a pumpkin. You did make me laugh, though.

raebates said:
Thank you all my enablers. The Furry Guy insists that the answer is no, so I haven't bought any. He did mention that he saw the gourmet candy corn and hopes some will be left to go on sale after Halloween--especially the blackberry.:yuck::yuck::yuck:

I'm a candy corn purist. I don't believe they should come in any flavors other than candy corn flavor. :D

baychef said:
Well, I get adequate pumpkin intake also with my Brach's pumpkins too!:D Perhaps this is why I resemble a pumpkin????:rolleyes:;)

(smacking hand on forehead) Duh! Why didn't I think of that? And pumpkin is so good for us!

raebates said:
What do you think? Can candy corn be counted as a vegetable? I just thought that if I could count candy corn I'd be sure to get my 5 or more servings a day. :p

Yeah, my problem is it would be way more than 5 servings in a day, so I try to keep from having these particular vegetables in the house too much.

Ok, now tell me how I can use health benefits as an excuse to drink lots and lots of egg nog (since that will soon be available, too).

Egg is good for you. Nog sounds nasty, so it has to be good for you. Therefore, eggnog is clearly a health food. I've been watching for eggnog in my local grocery deli. I never liked it until last year. I bought some for eggnog cookies and tried some of the leftovers in my coffee. Yum!

It's even better warmed up with some brandy in it.Oh, wait. That's Tom & Jerry. Never mind.

My Grandma used to drink those. Of course, she would start her morning with Bloody Marys and end it with straight Whiskey. Tom & Jerrys were just a holiday treat. Thankfully, she was sober for the last several years of her life.

1. Can candy corn really be considered a vegetable?

No, candy corn is not a vegetable. It is a type of candy made primarily of sugar, corn syrup, and artificial coloring.

2. Why do some people say candy corn is a vegetable?

Some people may joke that candy corn is a vegetable because of its triangular shape and bright colors resembling vegetables like corn or carrots. However, this is not a scientifically accurate statement.

3. Is there any nutritional value in candy corn?

Candy corn is primarily made of sugar and corn syrup, which provide empty calories and no significant nutritional value. While it may contain a small amount of cornstarch, it is not enough to classify it as a vegetable.

4. Can candy corn be part of a healthy diet?

Candy corn is considered a treat and should be consumed in moderation as part of a balanced diet. It is not a nutritious food and should not be relied upon as a source of nutrients.

5. Are there any healthier alternatives to candy corn?

If you're looking for a healthier alternative to candy corn, you can try snacking on dried fruits, such as dried cranberries or raisins, or roasted pumpkin seeds. These options provide more nutrients and are lower in added sugars compared to candy corn.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views