• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

aNew Development in the Case of Paige Birgfeld

In the fall and winter, Frank Birgfeld did a lot of research and planned out a search strategy. He says most search efforts will be organized by the Abby and Jennifer Foundation. The Abby and
The_Kitchen_Guy
Silver Member
The search will continue begining this Saturday.

The search resumes for Paige Birgfeld

Posted: May 15, 2008 06:45 PM EDT
Source: http://kjct8.com/Global/story.asp?S=8332498 (Video available on the site, follow the link)

It's been almost a year since Paige Birgfeld disappeared.

Mesa County Sheriff's investigators suspect foul play--and many questions remain about her disappearance.

Today...her father says he is still searching for answers and he won't give up.

Last summer searches cowered parts of Western Colorado. They turned up clues...but no sign of Paige.

Now that spring has arrived, Paige's father says he is ready to begin searching again.

Frank Birgfeld told KJCT that over the fall and winter he did a lot of planning and research. Examining maps of the area...and gathering ideas for new places to look for his daughter.

Birgfeld says most search efforts will be organized by the Abby and Jennifer Foundation.

"It's not just a matter of gathering a bunch of people saying go look where you want and be back at 4 o'clock. It's much more picking out spots having ample manpower so that when you are finished you can say there is nothing there," Frank said.

The Abby and Jennifer Foundation will be doing a search this Saturday. Volunteers should meet at Canyon View Park at 9:30.

WOW - Praying for closure!!!

Thanks KG - your dedication to this is truly amazing - anyone would be honored and proud to have such a loyal, caring person in their lives.

I hope and pray they find something before 1 year hits us!

Thanks for the update! Wow. I REALLY hope lots of people show up for the search. I realize every day how close we are getting to the year mark since Paige's disappearance.:(

Wow. This is great.

Thank you for staying on top of this KG. Praying she is found....and that justice follows close behind.

Thank God they are not giving up!!!

Praying for closure for her family. Thanks KG.

PamperedDor said:
WOW - Praying for closure!!!

Thanks KG - your dedication to this is truly amazing - anyone would be honored and proud to have such a loyal, caring person in their lives.

I second, third, and fourth that!!! You're the best KG...praying for closure!

I will be praying for answers.

I'll be thinking of them today as they start this again...

Thanks for the update! Praying for closure.

Thanks KG! I will be praying for answers that the family needs so desperately.

Sending my prayers to those searching for Paige and hoping her family finally gets the answers they need.

The Search Continues TodayThe most interesting piece of this puzzle is located at the end of this report:

Search for Paige Birgfeld Continues Saturday

Source: http://www.nbc11news.com/home/headlines/19012529.html (Video Available - Follow the Link)

It's been more than 11 months since Grand Junction woman Paige Birgfeld was first reported missing. Although she has not been found, friends and family of the mother of three say now, they're more determined than ever to find her.

It was a common sight last summer -- search teams scouring the Western Slope, working tirelessly to find Paige Birgfeld. Now, almost a year later, crews say that drive to find her is still there.

"She didn't disappear off the face of the earth, she's out there somewhere," said Connie Flukey, Head of the Abby & Jennifer Recovery Foundation. "Obviously we've all missed her."

Members of the Abby & Jennifer Foundation say now that the snow has melted, and that they've helped Frank Birgfeld sell his daughter's million dollar home, now is the time to start the search again.

"Seeing them have to leave their daughter's home -- Frank will not go home until he finds her," said Flukey. "So I am determined. I have passion. I will help this man get his life back."

The foundation is staging a massive search effort Saturday morning. Volunteers will meet at Canyon View Park at 9:30am. Organizers are asking volunteers to bring a sack lunch and a water bottle.

"Anyone is welcome to come," said Flukey. "I definitely know people still want to get involved and we would appreciate it."

Flukey says last time a search this big was organized was back in September. Then, she says, the focus was to find objects or clues that might lead to Paige's whereabouts. But as new tips, leads, and other hints have become available, that focus has changed.

"Now it's a totally different search," said Flukey. "We'll probably be expanding it past the yards where we went before and it will be a little more thorough."

New efforts that she hopes will lead them to Paige.

"I'm hoping we find her quick," said Flukey. "If we don't, I just pray to God that some way, somebody is led to her and this is all over for the family."

Family and friends of a Grand Junction woman missing for nearly 11 months are again combing several areas hoping to find her.

Paige Birgfeld's father, Frank Birgfeld, says now that the snow has melted finding the missing mother of three is again his top priority. He has sold her home and will be living in Grand Junction, both of which he says will give him more time to search.

The Jennifer and Abby Foundation also says it will resume search efforts for Paige Saturday morning. The group is asking volunteers to meet at Canyon View Park at 9:30am, and to bring a bag lunch and water.

The group says it plans on doing a more thorough search of areas they've checked before, and will look in new areas they think could be connected to Paige.

Frank Birgfeld tells 11 News he is searching with one other person in an undisclosed location today.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The most interesting piece of this puzzle is located at the end of this report:

Search for Paige Birgfeld Continues Saturday

Source: http://www.nbc11news.com/home/headlines/19012529.html (Video Available - Follow the Link)

It's been more than 11 months since Grand Junction woman Paige Birgfeld was first reported missing. Although she has not been found, friends and family of the mother of three say now, they're more determined than ever to find her.

It was a common sight last summer -- search teams scouring the Western Slope, working tirelessly to find Paige Birgfeld. Now, almost a year later, crews say that drive to find her is still there.

"She didn't disappear off the face of the earth, she's out there somewhere," said Connie Flukey, Head of the Abby & Jennifer Recovery Foundation. "Obviously we've all missed her."

Members of the Abby & Jennifer Foundation say now that the snow has melted, and that they've helped Frank Birgfeld sell his daughter's million dollar home, now is the time to start the search again.

"Seeing them have to leave their daughter's home -- Frank will not go home until he finds her," said Flukey. "So I am determined. I have passion. I will help this man get his life back."

The foundation is staging a massive search effort Saturday morning. Volunteers will meet at Canyon View Park at 9:30am. Organizers are asking volunteers to bring a sack lunch and a water bottle.

"Anyone is welcome to come," said Flukey. "I definitely know people still want to get involved and we would appreciate it."

Flukey says last time a search this big was organized was back in September. Then, she says, the focus was to find objects or clues that might lead to Paige's whereabouts. But as new tips, leads, and other hints have become available, that focus has changed.

"Now it's a totally different search," said Flukey. "We'll probably be expanding it past the yards where we went before and it will be a little more thorough."

New efforts that she hopes will lead them to Paige.

"I'm hoping we find her quick," said Flukey. "If we don't, I just pray to God that some way, somebody is led to her and this is all over for the family."

Family and friends of a Grand Junction woman missing for nearly 11 months are again combing several areas hoping to find her.

Paige Birgfeld's father, Frank Birgfeld, says now that the snow has melted finding the missing mother of three is again his top priority. He has sold her home and will be living in Grand Junction, both of which he says will give him more time to search.

The Jennifer and Abby Foundation also says it will resume search efforts for Paige Saturday morning. The group is asking volunteers to meet at Canyon View Park at 9:30am, and to bring a bag lunch and water.

The group says it plans on doing a more thorough search of areas they've checked before, and will look in new areas they think could be connected to Paige.

Frank Birgfeld tells 11 News he is searching with one other person in an undisclosed location today.

Hmmm, interesting.

I'll be praying that today is a day of discovery. No word yet about the News Magazine piece, though? Were they just messing with us about that?

No, there is a report and as far as I know, it's in the can. I could speculate that they're sitting on it, waiting for results of this search, but that is only speculation on my part.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
No, there is a report and as far as I know, it's in the can. I could speculate that they're sitting on it, waiting for results of this search, but that is only speculation on my part.
Right after I posted, that same thought came to me......

Dear Lord, please keep your guiding hand on the searchers today. We know that You will guide them to where they need to be and that only You can give them the peace they need to settle their hearts. Amen

Thanks, KG for keeping us posted~you are the best!

This actually gave me goosebumps.

I pray that today the Lord leads them ALL in the right direction and that they find clues to solve this case and bring justice.

KG- Thanks so much for all you do in keeping us informed and focused on Paige and praying for her!

Father God, please aid and guide in these searches and reveal the truth as to where Paige is. Her family searches for her and our hearts long to know that they can be given a small piece of peace in this tragedy. Bless and keep each searcher and give them Your eyes, that someone may see what You will reveal! Amen

Thank you for the update, KG. I'm praying heavily that she is found soon.

I am hoping that they have closure on this case very soon for the whole family. Thanks KG for keeping us all updated.

Wow, that is interesting!
It'll be starting in about an hour...

I'll be praying for the searchers all day today.

Knowing that this is all going on... I don't even have words for how I feel right now.

Come home, Paige. :cry:

Thanks for the update. I was not a member last year but I have been reading your updates. I pray for closure for the family and that their search is successful. Keep us posted as I know you will. Blessings to you and her family.......

I pray for closure as well, this is so heartbreaking.

Thank KG for your endless efforts of keep us updated! We appreciate you! I, too, pray for God's wisdom and guidance in locating Paige, everyone needs closure....
My heart skipped a beat when I read this thread title, I hope we will be able to read that they have found her.
Thanks again

MissChef said:
Thank KG for your endless efforts of keep us updated! We appreciate you! I, too, pray for God's wisdom and guidance in locating Paige, everyone needs closure....
My heart skipped a beat when I read this thread title, I hope we will be able to read that they have found her.
Thanks again

Me too. KG, you're the best:sing:

I hope they find answers with this search so Paiges family and friends can be at peace. Thanks KG for all you do.

I pray they find her. Thank you KG for the updates. We were just talking about Paige today (my family) and how sad for her family they have no news yet.

Hopefully they will find something...

This is such a sad story. Compliments of the US Military, I'm in Japan ... so I've not heard of this story until now. I read the first 10 or so pages of the original post and then the last 10 or so pages. (I have a 6 month old, so trying to read the entire thread in one sitting is not feasible.) I'm a retired Police Dispatcher and this story has all those old investigative thoughts popping up in me. The original news report said that she received a phone call, left the children with the nanny and left the house. Did they ever research who called her?

Search resumes for woman missing almost 1 year

Source: KUSA-TV

GRAND JUNCTION - Searchers resumed looking for a missing Grand Junction mother of three on Saturday.

Paige Birgfeld has been missing since June 28, 2007. Her car was found burned a few days later.

Organizers of Saturday's search say the search was resumed Saturday because the snow in the area had melted and they wanted to wait for Birgfeld's house to sell.

Lester Ralph Jones of Grand Junction has been named the sole suspect in the missing woman's disappearance. Jones was sentenced to five years in prison in 1999, for attempted kidnapping and assault. He was released in 2001.

Anyone with information on Birgfeld's whereabouts can call 303-886-5632.

(Copyright KUSA*TV, All Rights Reserved)

The Search Continues For Paige Birgfeld

Posted on May 17, 2008 by David Dietrich
Source: http://www.krextv.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=2588

The search continues for Paige Birgfeld, and with warm weather finally here, her father, Frank Birgfeld and volunteers are hard at work searching new locations.

For months, Paige's family has been holding on and hoping for the best.

With these new searches underway, Frank says they're taking a precise approach to the new locations of interests.

The Birgfelds have been working behind the scenes with the Jennifer and Abby Recovery Foundation and today the group has re-ignited a search effort for Paige who has been missing for almost a year.

If you would like to help in the search for Paige you can contact Connie Flukey with the Jennifer and Abby Recovery foundation at 245-1567.

I pray they turn up some information this time around...

The search did not reveal anything, however, the search will continue.Friends, Family Continue Searching for Missing Grand Junction WomanPosted: 7:29 PM May 17, 2008
Last Updated: 8:02 PM May 17, 2008
Reporter: Tim Ciesco
Source: http://www.nbc11news.com/home/headlines/19046939.html
Video Available - Follow the Linkt has been almost a year since Grand Junction woman Paige Birgfeld was first reported missing. But friends and family say they haven't given up hope that they'll find her. Now that the snow has melted, and Paige's estate has been sold, they say the time to start searching again is now."We talked about how weird it felt to wake up this morning," said Andrea Land, a friend of Paige. "It almost felt like we were waking up a year ago."Land, a member of the Mom's Club Paige Birgfeld started, says not a day goes by that she doesn't miss her friend. She and other members of the club began searching with the Abby & Jennifer Recover Foundation last July after Paige was first reported missing.When she heard that a new search was taking place, she says she didn't have to think twice about lending a helping hand."It was a relief to be able to come out and do something because the waiting has been hard," said Land.No one knows that better than Paige's father, Frank Birgfeld. He says he hasn't stopped searching since day one, and that he won't stop until he finds his daughter."This is my life now," said Frank Birgfeld. "I really wish I could get in a different line of work."Saturday morning, Frank and dozens of volunteers gathered at Canyon View Park before spreading out across the Grand Valley to look for her. This time around, Frank says they have a new strategy."We're trying to back track in some areas we've already looked at," said Frank Birgfeld. "We've seen some holes and some things, and we want to make sure that where we covered was all done."So crews searched in the brush, along canals, and in wood piles, keeping an eye out for anything that might have overlooked. But just because nothing big turned up during their latest efforts, they say it doesn't mean they're ready to stop searching anytime soon."Even if we find one hair from her head and that gives us closure and is the evidence to prosecute someone, it's worth this time," said Land.Crews say the one good thing that came from Saturday's search is that they're able to narrow down the list of places where Paige could still be.

Search for Paige Birgfeld resumesPosted: May 17, 2008 07:19 PM
Updated: May 17, 2008 09:44 PM Source: http://kjct8.com/Global/story.asp?S=8341713BY SARA GOLDENBERG
[email protected]GRAND JUNCTION (KJCT)- Paige Birgfeld, a mother of three children, has been missing for 324 days. Her father, Frank Birgfeld, has not given up hope that he'll find answers in his daughter's disappearance.10 months and 19 days from the day she went missing, he joined volunteers as they searched the Grand Valley for clues.But this search was different from searches we saw last year. The search teams did some back-tracking of places they had searched before.They went back to specific places, and were not expecting to find a body."You just see this vast territory and you wanna say, where do I even start?" said Frank Birgfeld. He's gone on countless searches looking for his daughter. He won't say he's confident he'll find her. But he says he can still hope."I wish I hadn't had to learn the positives this way, it would've been better in a book. But there are a lot of positives," he said.A dozen volunteers, all familiar now to Frank, returned with determination to find Paige."We still have hope. She's out there somewhere. We have not found her, somebody has not found her, but she's out there," said Connie Flukey of the Abby & Jennifer Recovery Foundation. Frank says most volunteers didn't even know Paige. They spent the winter poring over maps and deciding where to look next."At the end of the night I don't seem any closer, but the next day I get up and do it again," he said. Frank keeps going because he says it's just "the thing to do"."Whoever did this to Paige is still out there. And the question is, who's next?"With the help of the community, he hopes now is the time to find her."We're coming, and there's somebody out there that felt entitled to take her life. We're going to find her because that person needs to be put away and his family needs closure," said Flukey.Frank says there will be more searches in the next weeks, and every place they don't find Paige could lead them closer.

Search resumes for woman missing almost 1 yearwritten by: Colleen Locke , Producer
created: 5/17/2008 5:53:14 PM
Last updated: 5/17/2008 9:06:53 PMSource: KUSA-TVGRAND JUNCTION - Searchers resumed looking for a missing Grand Junction mother of three on Saturday.Paige Birgfeld has not been seen since June 28, 2007. Her car was found burned a few days later.Searchers say they wanted the sale of her estate to be completed and the snow to melt before resuming large-scale efforts."It was a relief to be able to come out and do something because the waiting has been hard," Andrea Land, a friend of Paige Birgfeld said.Birgfeld's father, Frank, was among the dozens of volunteers looking for clues on Saturday."This is my life now and I really wish I could get in a different line of work," said Frank Birgfeld.Searchers went back over areas they've already looked to make sure nothing was missed."Even if we find one hair from her head and that gives us closure and the evidence to prosecute someone, it's worth this time," said Land.Lester Ralph Jones of Grand Junction has been named the sole suspect in the missing woman's disappearance. Jones was sentenced to five years in prison in 1999, for attempted kidnapping and assault. He was released in 2001.Anyone with information on Birgfeld's whereabouts can call 303-886-5632.

Now that the AP has picked up on the story, it will likely appear in many more locations.Dad, helpers renew search for missing Grand Junction woman

Associated Press - May 18, 2008 1:24 PM ETCopyrighted Article can be seen on the website of http://www.krdo.com/Global/story.asp?S=8343000

My prayers are with that family. Dear Lord, please guide the people searching for Paige to her where abouts!

Sheila said:
This is such a sad story. Compliments of the US Military, I'm in Japan ... so I've not heard of this story until now. I read the first 10 or so pages of the original post and then the last 10 or so pages. (I have a 6 month old, so trying to read the entire thread in one sitting is not feasible.) I'm a retired Police Dispatcher and this story has all those old investigative thoughts popping up in me. The original news report said that she received a phone call, left the children with the nanny and left the house. Did they ever research who called her?
That's not exactly how the events unfolded. There was a great deal of misinformation flying around in those early days.

If you follow the link to Help Find The Missing at the bottom of my posts, you'll be taken to the HFTM blog area where someone has written a fairly thorough condensation of the entire story.

Thanks for all the updates KG! I am still praying that they find her!

1. What is the latest update on the search for Paige Birgfeld?

The search for Paige Birgfeld will resume this Saturday, led by the Abby and Jennifer Foundation.

2. How long has it been since Paige Birgfeld disappeared?

It has been almost a year since Paige Birgfeld disappeared.

3. What is the current suspicion surrounding Paige's disappearance?

Mesa County Sheriff's investigators suspect foul play in Paige Birgfeld's disappearance.

4. Who is leading the search efforts for Paige Birgfeld?

The Abby and Jennifer Foundation, along with Paige's father Frank Birgfeld, are leading the search efforts for Paige Birgfeld.

5. When and where should volunteers meet for the upcoming search?

Volunteers should meet at Canyon View Park at 9:30 AM this Saturday for the search led by the Abby and Jennifer Foundation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chozengirl
  • The_Kitchen_Guy