1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: A little worried...

1. cookin to the top

cookin to the top Member Gold Member

I just had a host that put most of her guests' orders on her own credit card, and is waiting for their checks to come to her. I think I may have heard in the past that this is not acceptable.... I just submitted the order, and it seemed to go through fine. Is there a rule I'm not aware of?

2. ughubug

ughubug Member

That is totally the hosts choice. I often have my host collect checks so that I do not run the risk of a bounced check coming to me.

Aug 30, 2009
  3. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I actually do that with all the after show outside orders. There is not a problem as long as PC gets paid! I had a host once who had all outside orders made out to him so that he could put almost the whole show on his credit card to get the points. What ever floats his boat.

Aug 30, 2009
  4. crissy11

crissy11 Member Gold Member

I just had two catalogs shows that the hosts put the entire order on her credit card. They have already shipped so no problem

Aug 30, 2009
  5. pclinskie

pclinskie Member Silver Member

years ago they would not allow that, never knew why. but I think it is ok now.

Aug 30, 2009
  6. cookin to the top

cookin to the top Member Gold Member

OK, phew! That's a relief! Sometimes I feel like I might be looking for ways to stress! LOL Thanks for the reassurance!

7. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Nope - at least last year, it still wasn't allowed. I had a Catalog Show that was put on hold because the whole show was on one card.

I questioned it, and was told that it isn't always caught - but when it is, the show is held. So, it's a roulette if it gets approved or not.

If you enter the same CC# on a couple of the orders, and then the rest on the hosts order, it's less likely to be questioned, from what I was told.

Aug 30, 2009
  8. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I can understand, but at the same point, does that mean we aren't allowed to turn an order into a "show" if the person is ordering more than $150 in products? I've had a few folks do that- they were ordering more than $150 in product alone themselves as an individual, so we turned it into a show. Would that technically not be allowed then?

Aug 30, 2009
  9. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Technically - that would not be allowed.

I had someone who was using $$ given as Wedding gifts to order a bunch of items for her kitchen. I had her divide up the product, and we put it in as orders under the names of the people who gave the money. That way, she can write thank you notes, and instead of saying "thank you for the money" she can be more specific with her thank you's. (Thank you for the gift - I used it to purchase a DCB from TPC, and I'll think of you when I'm making dinner!)

That way, she as able to assign the money to specific orders, and get a little extra too. :)

Aug 30, 2009
Have something to add?