• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Concerned About a Host Using Personal Credit Card for Guest Orders?

In summary, it is acceptable for a host to put their guests' orders on their own credit card as long as Pampered Chef receives payment. However, this used to not be allowed and there is still a risk of the show being put on hold or not approved if all the orders are on one card. It is also technically not allowed to turn an individual's order of over $150 into a show. Some consultants have found creative ways to divide up the orders in order to still receive host benefits.
cookin to the top
Gold Member
I just had a host that put most of her guests' orders on her own credit card, and is waiting for their checks to come to her. I think I may have heard in the past that this is not acceptable.... I just submitted the order, and it seemed to go through fine. Is there a rule I'm not aware of?

That is totally the hosts choice. I often have my host collect checks so that I do not run the risk of a bounced check coming to me.

I actually do that with all the after show outside orders. There is not a problem as long as PC gets paid! I had a host once who had all outside orders made out to him so that he could put almost the whole show on his credit card to get the points. What ever floats his boat.

I just had two catalogs shows that the hosts put the entire order on her credit card. They have already shipped so no problem

years ago they would not allow that, never knew why. but I think it is ok now.

OK, phew! That's a relief! Sometimes I feel like I might be looking for ways to stress! LOL Thanks for the reassurance!

pclinskie said:
years ago they would not allow that, never knew why. but I think it is ok now.

Nope - at least last year, it still wasn't allowed. I had a Catalog Show that was put on hold because the whole show was on one card.

I questioned it, and was told that it isn't always caught - but when it is, the show is held. So, it's a roulette if it gets approved or not.

If you enter the same CC# on a couple of the orders, and then the rest on the hosts order, it's less likely to be questioned, from what I was told.

ChefBeckyD said:
Nope - at least last year, it still wasn't allowed. I had a Catalog Show that was put on hold because the whole show was on one card.I questioned it, and was told that it isn't always caught - but when it is, the show is held. So, it's a roulette if it gets approved or not. If you enter the same CC# on a couple of the orders, and then the rest on the hosts order, it's less likely to be questioned, from what I was told.
I can understand, but at the same point, does that mean we aren't allowed to turn an order into a "show" if the person is ordering more than $150 in products? I've had a few folks do that- they were ordering more than $150 in product alone themselves as an individual, so we turned it into a show. Would that technically not be allowed then?

esavvymom said:
I can understand, but at the same point, does that mean we aren't allowed to turn an order into a "show" if the person is ordering more than $150 in products? I've had a few folks do that- they were ordering more than $150 in product alone themselves as an individual, so we turned it into a show. Would that technically not be allowed then?

Technically - that would not be allowed.

I had someone who was using $$ given as Wedding gifts to order a bunch of items for her kitchen. I had her divide up the product, and we put it in as orders under the names of the people who gave the money. That way, she can write thank you notes, and instead of saying "thank you for the money" she can be more specific with her thank you's. (Thank you for the gift - I used it to purchase a DCB from TPC, and I'll think of you when I'm making dinner!)

That way, she as able to assign the money to specific orders, and get a little extra too. :)

1. Can a host use their personal credit card to place guest orders?

Yes, a host can use their personal credit card to place guest orders. However, it is not recommended as it can lead to complications and issues with order tracking and payment.

2. Are there any benefits to using a personal credit card for guest orders as a host?

There are no specific benefits to using a personal credit card for guest orders as a host. It is always best to use the designated payment methods provided by Pampered Chef to avoid any potential problems.

3. What are the potential risks of using a personal credit card for guest orders as a host?

The potential risks of using a personal credit card for guest orders as a host include difficulties with tracking and receiving commission, potential fraud or security issues, and complications with returns or exchanges.

4. Can a host be reimbursed for using their personal credit card for guest orders?

No, hosts cannot be reimbursed for using their personal credit card for guest orders. It is the responsibility of the host to use the designated payment methods provided by Pampered Chef.

5. What are the recommended payment methods for guest orders as a host?

The recommended payment methods for guest orders as a host are using a debit or credit card that is linked to the host's consultant account, using the guest's own credit card, or collecting cash or checks from guests and placing the order through the host's consultant account.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• BadGirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies