• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Healthy Appetizer Demo: Wontons & Ideas

In summary, for a healthy appetizer that doesn't require a lot of tools, it's always a good idea to have a variety of options. Some suggestions could be bruschetta, a vegetable platter with dip, caprese skewers, hummus and pita chips, or shrimp cocktail.
cookin to the top
Gold Member
A host wants a healthy appetizer for her demo..... I've decided to do the wontons, but in looking at it, it doesn't need a lot of tools. Should I do another appetizer to go with it? If so- any suggestions?

Re: Wontons...When I do the Wontons, I also do the pineapple rum sauce over cream cheese w/ crackers.

I also use the Thai Peanut Sauce and the Ginger Wasabi Sauce for dipping the wontons.

The demo uses:

SS bowl set (not batter bowl!)
ERMC set - use the mini for soy sauce, and talk about the rest
measuring spoon set
12" skillet & lid
Steamer
garlic press
small mix n scraper
large cutting board
Kitchen spritzer (instead of non-stick spray)
Small Scoop
silicone basting brush (to wet the edges of the wontons)
prep bowl (to hold the water to wet the edges...then I talk about the whole batter bowl family)
Pocket Thermometer
Saute Tongs
Bamboo snack bowls (for dipping sauces)
Bamboo tray (for serving wontons)

So you can see that I use many more tools than what are listed in the recipe...I love this demo!

Hi there! It's always a good idea to have a variety of appetizers for a demo, especially if they don't require a lot of tools. Some suggestions could be:1. Bruschetta - simple and delicious, all you need is bread, tomatoes, olive oil, and some herbs.2. Vegetable platter with dip - easy to assemble and can be made with a variety of colorful veggies.3. Caprese skewers - skewer cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls, and basil leaves for a fresh and tasty bite.4. Hummus and pita chips - store-bought hummus can be dressed up with some olive oil and herbs, and pita chips are a great alternative to crackers.5. Shrimp cocktail - pre-cooked shrimp can be served with a homemade cocktail sauce for a classic appetizer.Hope these suggestions help! Good luck with your demo.

1. How can I make the wontons healthier?

To make the wontons healthier, you can use whole wheat or gluten-free wonton wrappers, fill them with lean protein such as chicken or tofu, and bake them instead of frying them.

2. What are some ideas for healthy wonton fillings?

Some ideas for healthy wonton fillings include vegetables like mushrooms, bell peppers, and spinach, as well as lean protein like shrimp or ground turkey. You can also add herbs and spices for extra flavor.

3. Can I make the wontons ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the wontons ahead of time and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours before cooking them. You can also freeze them for up to 3 months and cook them straight from the freezer.

4. How do I prevent the wontons from sticking to the pan?

To prevent the wontons from sticking to the pan, make sure to use a non-stick baking sheet or line the pan with parchment paper. You can also lightly spray the wontons with cooking spray before baking.

5. Can I use wonton wrappers for sweet appetizers?

Yes, you can use wonton wrappers for sweet appetizers. You can fill them with fruits like apples or berries, or even chocolate and cream cheese for a delicious dessert wonton. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJeniLobdell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefJeniLobdell
  • PCAnna
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chellb1234
Replies