• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cheffers Unite! An Unexpected Moment of Laughter

In summary, Amanda's husband doesn't remember what she has told him a few times already. Amanda is having a booth this year at a car show, and her husband doesn't even know it's a car show.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
I was talking with my husband about having Cheffer on my tag at conference so I could meet up with fellow cheffers.

He looked at me, and asked what are you doing that for? Why would you want to meet with them & why would they be at conference? I immediately started busting up laughing, and he didn't understand.

My maiden name was Sheffer, and he thought that I was meeting up w/ family I don't talk with. He couldn't understand why they would be @ conference. He didn't realize that we have given ourselves a nickname. I am still laughing about it.:D

So funny!! Of course my husband doesn't get the whole idea of "meeting" people on the internet and chatting so even without the name confusion, he just doesn't get why I would want to meet up with people :)

Michele

I feel like we always have to spell things out for men (except for the ones on here of course ;) )...it just seems that if it's not all laid out for them for the 50th time, then there is no hope of them getting it!!

I don't have a problem talking about meeting up with people from the internet. My husband and I met on the internet back in 1996 (when it was a lot safer - not totally safe, mind you) and we've been married 8 years now. We even had the same last name, so I didn't have to change any paperwork :D

My husband needs more than 50 times, he needs a 100. I don't know how many times I have told him the dates of conference, and he still asks. I even highlighted his calandar with the times I am leaving and returning. Ah Men!

My husband has "selective hearing". Most of the time he selects not to hear!!

I am glad to hear that my husband is not the only one who has selective hearing. I have to tell hime things everyday to make him remember dates and times. A lot of times he says he tells me things too but than he remembers that he tells his family about it and not me, which makes me mad. I don't think some men will ever get it.

I think all men have selective hearing! (sorry to any men here--no offense!):)

Amanda - so funny!Amanda - I just had a conversation (for I think the 100th time) with my husband this morning about when Conference is, when I have to leave and when I'll be home.......the strange thing is - he remembers perfectly when and where EVERY car show is that he wants to attend this summer! (He has Muscle Cars). I also have it on the calendar - and in his Pocket Calendar - but every time we talk about it - it's like the first time he's heard it! I just shake my head, and think to myself- "the poor dear - he can't help it- he's a man!" :rolleyes:

ChefBeckyD said:
Amanda - I just had a conversation (for I think the 100th time) with my husband this morning about when Conference is, when I have to leave and when I'll be home.......the strange thing is - he remembers perfectly when and where EVERY car show is that he wants to attend this summer! (He has Muscle Cars). I also have it on the calendar - and in his Pocket Calendar - but every time we talk about it - it's like the first time he's heard it! I just shake my head, and think to myself- "the poor dear - he can't help it- he's a man!" :rolleyes:

Mine is the exact same way...he can remember everything about a ton of cars but nothing about what I told him an hour ago. My DH even remembers his phone number from when he was 5 and he only had that phone number for a year!

At best, they grow up to be teenagers.

You guys are killing me. Mine remembers what he has to do with his race care or his chevelle, but when it comes to me or our son. He gets all pissy what when did you tell me that, you never said that.Like watch today, I told him I was going to the bank, and going shopping for conference when he gets home. Now I have told him this all week. He will get home and have racecar on the brain and will through a fit when I walk out the door. I told him I can't be in a dressing room with a 2 year old for any long period of time and he says why not? eek! All I can say in Men!!!!! I am having a booth this year at a car show, he has remembered the date for that now because he wants to go.

Try being in a dressing room with 2, 2 year olds that like to watch other people dressing...a nightmare!! Luckily my hubby understands...maybe have yours take your son out shopping and he can see what it's like!!

Andrea Kudos to you with the twins, I can only imagine knock on wood. During labor I wanted twins so I didn't have to do it again, but soon changed my mind.Thanks for the countdown! I appreciate it!

soonerchef said:
Try being in a dressing room with 2, 2 year olds that like to watch other people dressing...a nightmare!! Luckily my hubby understands...maybe have yours take your son out shopping and he can see what it's like!!

That's too funny!

Yes, men are funny. My DH will not keep a calendar and I have the same problems - can't remember any activities except the ones that are important to him like motorcycle rides and meetings. I think they just use that as an excuse sometimes and don't even try to remember. Sometimes I think making a huge message board with large writing hanging on the kitchen wall would help and you could just point him to it. How about that?

Jeanie

Who are you kidding...that won't work because it will just look like Chinese writing on the wall and eventually they won't even see the Chinese writing because they will have become immune to it!! I think that we should have these guys microchipped, and when we need them to remember something...we plug them up to the computer and download the information straight to their brain!! I can just see it, "Honey...it's time for your download".

1. What is "Cheffers Unite! An Unexpected Moment of Laughter"?

"Cheffers Unite! An Unexpected Moment of Laughter" is a virtual event hosted by Pampered Chef for our community of consultants. It is a fun and interactive session filled with laughter, entertainment, and team-building activities.

2. When is the event taking place?

The event will take place on [date] at [time]. Please make sure to mark your calendars and join us for an unforgettable experience!

3. Is this event only for Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, this event is exclusively for our community of consultants. It is a great opportunity for us to come together, bond, and have some fun!

4. Will there be any prizes or giveaways during the event?

Yes, there will be various prizes and giveaways throughout the event. Make sure to participate and you may just be a lucky winner!

5. How do I register for the event?

You can register for the event by visiting the "Cheffers Unite! An Unexpected Moment of Laughter" event page on our consultant website. Simply click on the registration link and fill out the necessary information. We can't wait to see you there!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedtracy
  • Joelen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MissChef
  • lt1jane