• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Camping Salad Ideas: Easy & Refrigerator-Friendly!

Dressing (I triple this)fresh ground pepper1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil2 TBSPS. red wine vinegar1 rounded TBSP. tomato paste1 tsp garlic salt1 tsp Italian seasoning1 cup tomatoes diced or 1 carton grape tomatoes1 can black olives sliced1 bell pepper chopped1 package sliced pepperoni (I sliced it in half)1 pound cooked & cooled pasta I used the mini Barilla penne20 leaves of fresh basil thinly sliced1 pound cubed mozzarella cheeseStir all vegetables, pasta and cheese in a big bowl. Mix dressing ingredients with a wire whisk until well blended. Pour over salad, refriger
mom4angela
I'm "in charge" of a salad for our second day of camping. I'll have a small refrigerator, so don't want a lot of ingredients. I guess I could make a potato salad ahead of time...?? ugh.. or does anyone have another suggestion?

Pasta Salad - it can be packed in ziploc bags! Take your collapsible bowl, and assemble it there.

I second that one!

ChefBeckyD said:
Pasta Salad - it can be packed in ziploc bags! Take your collapsible bowl, and assemble it there.

OK... Here's the deal.. I don't "do" pasta salad. Any chance for a recipe. I'd love one with maybe brocolli in it? Or is that weird? I'm thinking spiral pasta, black olives, red onion, roasted red pepper.. how am I doing? what else? thx

That sounds yummy! I use cavatappi noodles (the spiral tube pasta). Black olives, red onion, cukes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, cheddar and muenster cheese in chunks, red pepper. Then, for the dressing I do the Good Seasons Italian (the kind you make yourself) made with vegetable oil and red/white wine vinegar and water. I get rave reviews whenever I make it.

janezapchef said:
That sounds yummy! I use cavatappi noodles (the spiral tube pasta). Black olives, red onion, cukes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, cheddar and muenster cheese in chunks, red pepper. Then, for the dressing I do the Good Seasons Italian (the kind you make yourself) made with vegetable oil and red/white wine vinegar and water. I get rave reviews whenever I make it.

This is basically how I do mine except that I usually add some "italian" meat...pepperoni or something of that sort.

Here are my favorite camping salads We have a camper but I usually make it at home and just keep it in the fridge CONFETTI SALAD
1 bunch broccoli
1 head cauliflower
1 small jar sliced green olives drained
12 oz cubed cheese (I use co-jack cut with garnisher)
6 ribs celery
1 small red onion diced
DRESSING
1 pkg Hidden Valley Buttermilk dressing
1 cup sour cream
1 cup buttermilk
Mix and stir into veggies and cheese.refrigerate overnightSouthwestern Layered SaladI always double it so this is "MY VERSION" (Sometimes at the grocery store I can find a bag of the flavored tortilla strips & I add those like croutons) TeresaSalad layer in a clear bowl it's really pretty2 heads of romaine lettuce torn2 cans black beans (drained and rinsed)2 can whole kernal corn (drained)1 large jar diced pimentos1/ 2 medium red onion (finely diced)2 cans black olives (drained)1/2 bunch cilantro (snipped)1 pkg shredded co-jack cheeseMix corn, onions, pimentos and cilantroLayer lettuce, black beans, olives and corn mixture, add more lettuce, repeat layersTop with cheeseDressing (make early in the day or the night before) It will be very full but shouldn't overflowIn a blender Mix1 8 oz pkg cream cheese (softened)1 1/2 cups buttermilk16 oz sour cream1 pkg dry hidden valley dressing1 tsp cumin 2 cans rotel3 avacadoes or 1 bag of premade refrigerated guacamole2 cloves garlic crushedGREEK SALAD
2 heads romaine lettuce1 small carton feta cheese1/2 jar pepperocini peppers1 cup kalamata olives1 small red onion slicedcapers for topping(you can add artichokes if you like I forgot them) Dressing make 2 days before serving3 cups olive oil4 cups red wine vinegar3/4 - 1 cup (I used about 1 1/4 cups) parmesan 2 1/2 TBSP garlic powder2 1/2 TBSP oregano2 1/2 TBSP basil2 TBSP pepper (I use Lawrys seasoned pepper blue lid)2 TBSP onion powder2 TBSP dijon mustard (I use a good grainy one)salt to tastemix all dressing ingr. in blender keeps for 1 week

Tortellini Antipasto Salad
2 packages (9 oz. each) DiGiorno three cheese tortellini, cooked, drained and rinsed
1 envelope Good Seasons Italian Salad Dressing Mix, prepared
1 small red onion, finely chopped
8 oz. mozzarella cheese, cut in small cubes
1 large green pepper, chopped
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1 small can sliced pitted ripe olives, drained
Combine all ingredients, cover and chill several hours. Pizza Pasta salad
Dressing (I triple this)fresh ground pepper
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 TBSPS. red wine vinegar
1 rounded TBSP. tomato paste
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp Italian seasoning1 cup tomatoes diced or 1 carton grape tomatoes
1 can black olives sliced
1 bell pepper chopped
1 package sliced pepperoni (I sliced it in half)
1 pound cooked & cooled pasta I used the mini Barilla penne
20 leaves of fresh basil thinly sliced
1 pound cubed mozzarella cheeseStir all vegetables, pasta and cheese in a big bowl. Mix dressing ingredients with a wire whisk until well blended. Pour over salad, refrigerate.

1. What are some easy and refrigerator-friendly salad ideas for camping?

Some easy and refrigerator-friendly salad ideas for camping are pasta salad, quinoa salad, bean salad, potato salad, and coleslaw. These salads can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

2. Can you provide a recipe for a make-ahead camping salad?

Yes, here is a recipe for a make-ahead camping pasta salad:
Ingredients:
- 8 oz pasta
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
Instructions:
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and let cool.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine pasta, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, black olives, and feta cheese.
3. Pour Italian dressing over the salad and mix well.
4. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

3. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options for camping salads?

Yes, there are many vegetarian and vegan options for camping salads. Some ideas include a quinoa and vegetable salad, chickpea and vegetable salad, or a fruit salad. You can also substitute vegan mayonnaise or dressing in any of the salad recipes.

4. How can I keep my camping salad fresh and cool?

To keep your camping salad fresh and cool, make sure to store it in an insulated cooler with ice packs. You can also store the salad in a sealed container or ziplock bag to prevent any air exposure and keep it fresh for longer.

5. Can I use pre-cut vegetables in my camping salad?

Yes, using pre-cut vegetables in your camping salad is a great time-saving option. Just make sure to drain any excess liquid from the vegetables before adding them to the salad to prevent it from becoming soggy. You can also opt for individually packaged vegetables for added convenience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• foodygirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
merego
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views