• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent How is my 99-year-old Granna doing with her MRSA infection?

In summary, Granna has been bit twice by bugs and has developed MRSA infection at both sites. She is in isolation and is excellent health and mental state otherwise. Mom is driving to AZ with Baby and husband is driving to OKC tomorrow. Baby is too young to fly without a doctor's note and Granna's family is praying for her fast and full recovery.
nikked
Gold Member
Oi...seems like when it rains it pours...

My 99 year old Granna was bit (twice) over the weekend by a bug (suspected to be "sun spider"), and has developed a MRSA (verified) infection at both sites. She is hospitalized, in isolation.

She is excellent health & mental state otherwise. She will (hopefully) turn 100 in March.

My mom, who has been in GA with my daughter and the new baby, is driving with them (Mary & Baby) back to AZ. They will hit Memphis tonight, OKC tomorrow, Albuquerque Wednesday, and Flagstaff on Thursday (or thus goes the plan). My husband is driving to OKC tomorrow, and will do the driving to ABQ, then I will drive to Flagstaff with them.

The baby is too young to fly without a Drs note, and that wasn't going to happen fast enough, thus the drive.

Prayers for all are appreciated...fast healing, wise doctors, alert driving, peaceful newborn, no car problems. Mary will be coming home to live with us for an indefinite amt of time while she decides if she is returning to GA...prayers for our house, our relationship & her well-being are appreciated as well.

Thanks to all y'all...once again!

Prayers for safe travels and quick recovery for your grandma!

They made it to Nashville and are on the way to Memphis... they ended up with a Toyota Camery as their rental, and guess what? They're having major issues with the cruise control! They're going to switch out the car in Memphis for them...

Thanks for your continued prayers...

Oh, my! Prayers said.

Praying, Nicole! I guess, at the very least, you get to see the grand-baby before you expected. And, so does great-great-grandma!

They have finally made it to Memphis. They ran into some major traffic issues, but are now getting some much needed rest. Thanks for your prayers...

OMG--I had MRSA when i had cancer. Nasty stuff. Prayers here for sure.

UPDATE: All are in OKC, getting some much needed rest. Granna was released, is at home with bunches of antibiotics...continue to pray, please. thx

just left OKC about an hr ago...long drive today, but my mom can get rest while tony drives. she did 900 in 2 days with an infant, still recovering from rotator cuff surgery, lupus flare & everything else going on...WHAT A WOMAN!

thanks for your prayers!

(((hugs))) to all of you!

sorry for not updating sooner...have had no net access!

we (mary frances, baby & i) are in az, planning on driving back to abq on wednesday. we will be visiting with my dad & his wife tomorrow...we have a very strange relationship...prayers are appreciated.

we saw granna yesterday. she looked good...tired, but good. We got some great 5-generation pics...will post when we get home.

continued prayers for all involved are appreciated. in the short term, things have been going well with mary frances, but i'm nervous about the long term.

sorry about the punctuation...on a teeny tiny netbook that is WAY too small for my huge hands!

will post when we're home on wednesday...

WAHOO! We are home! Little Odette has traveled the country, and loves it!

I will post pictures tomorrow of the little one. In the meantime, continued prayers for our relationship (my daughter and me) are appreciated.

Thanks!

Prayers said. God bless you and your family!

1. What is MRSA?

MRSA stands for Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus, which is a type of bacteria that is resistant to many commonly used antibiotics. It is often referred to as a "superbug" due to its resistance to treatment.

2. How is MRSA spread?

MRSA is typically spread through skin-to-skin contact with an infected person, contact with contaminated objects or surfaces, or through open wounds or cuts.

3. Can MRSA be treated?

Yes, MRSA can be treated with certain antibiotics that are effective against the bacteria. However, in some cases, the infection may persist or recur, making it difficult to fully eradicate.

4. Is MRSA contagious?

Yes, MRSA is highly contagious and can be easily spread through close contact with an infected person or contaminated objects. Proper hygiene and sanitation practices can help prevent the spread of MRSA.

5. Can MRSA be prevented?

There are steps that can be taken to prevent MRSA, such as practicing good hygiene, keeping wounds clean and covered, avoiding contact with infected individuals, and properly disinfecting surfaces and objects. It is also important to avoid using antibiotics unnecessarily, as this can contribute to the development of antibiotic-resistant bacteria like MRSA.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krzymomof4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
missydivine
Replies
Views
nikked
Back