1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: 9 oz cake mix option ~ Cupcake Mix

1. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I know some of the new recipes call for a 9 oz, instead of 18 oz cake mix. Well I was at the store last night, and found a new option. Forgive me if someone else has discovered this already.

Duncan Hines has put out a Cupcake Mix that makes 12 cupcakes. It is the same as their Cake Mix, just in a 9 oz size. I bought one for 59 cents.

Snack Size — Duncan Hines® — So Moist. So Delicious. And so much more.™

2. Grandmarita

Grandmarita Advanced Member Gold Member

You got a bargain, big time. Our store had them 5 for $5.00. Since the other cake mixes were in the range of $2.69, it made them look like a bargain, but I passed on all of them this time around. Really wanted a Brownie mix for those "just in case" times, and
    even hated paying what I did for them cause I had a coupon about to expire. I generally only buy that kind of stuff when there is a super sale, and then use coupons to make it a really good value.

Aug 16, 2009
  3. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Maybe I should go stock up on them while they are on sale... :)

4. zmom58

zmom58 Member

I am definately going to check this out. That way we don't have to divide the mix or make a double batch.

Aug 16, 2009
  5. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Yes- I found those mixes too. T hey are usually on the Top Shelf or the next one from the top- least at all of my grocery stores....up there with the different mixes above the cakes. They only have 2-3 flavors, but good enough! Our stores have them for $1 too...not sure about W-Mart. I have been seeing the Jiffy cake mixes everywhere now...alot of places have them on special for $0.50 or $0.52 a box. I've been buying several.

Aug 16, 2009
  6. mpkegley

mpkegley Advanced Member

Ours are about $1.00 and the regular size cake mixes are $1.16. Not much of a bargain on those mixes if you ask me. Only thing different is that they have 12 cupcake liners in them.

Aug 18, 2009
Have something to add?