• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Versatility of an 8 Skillet - Perfect for Show Cooking!

S
sarahmarie
I just got my 8" try me piece in the SS bouns 1. what should i do with it at shows?

Put an ice cube in it and pass it around. They will be amazed at how fast it melts...and you can explain that is due to the hard anodized (sp?) aluminum it's made from. It conducts temperature quicker, so water boils quicker in the saucepans. Also, point out the thick bottom and thin sides, which allows the temp to travel up quickly.

HTH. Haven't sold any yet but ppl are impressed by it.

A very quick and easy demo that won't make you have to work too hard is the ice cube demo......
Simply ask the hostess for an ice cube, place it in the pan, and let everyone ooooh and aaaaah over how quickly the ice melts. When it is completely melted, pass it around so everyone can feel how cold the pan has become. What does this demonstrate? The AMAZING heat conductivity of our pans!!!!!! The larger pieces can be used to defrost meat. You can defrost a steak in 1/2 hour on the grill pan.
Another option is to burn a slice of American cheese right in the pan. (Not so that it is smoking, but so that it is visibly burnt). Let it cool a little (enough so you can handle it), and simply peel the whole piece of cheese right out of the bottom of the pan!!!! Obviously, we're demonstrating the non-stick surface here. ;) Your guests will be sold!
If you would like some recipes, I'm sure there are some on here. Just do a search in the files for "pull apart bread" or something and you should get some good ideas.
HTH!
Jen

Okay, obviously Lisa and I were typing at the same time! :p
Must be a good demo!
I've sold LOTS of cookware, these demos work! :D

I get alot of ohoos and aww's a show but haven't sold cookware yet.

When you use the ice cube demo pass the pan around as soon as you pop the ice cube in. Tell the guests to notice that the pan is as cold on the sides as it is on the bottom. That's why you don't worry about "hot spots" that burn one section of whatever you're cooking. Depending on the size of your crowd, it should be melted by the time it gets back to you. That's the perfect time to explain about using it to defrost.

Thanks Rae. I do forget about telling them about defrost! What do you say?

Don't forget to mention that the 8" saucepan is our "try me" piece. Tell them that they MUST get this pan if they are considering new cookware at all in the future. That way, they actually get to cook with it and then they will FOR SURE want the entire set!

Also, I always mention that a lot of my hosts want to have a show specifically to purchase the 5 & 7 piece sets at 50% off. I will have them all turn to the back page of the catalog at that point and go over what an average host will earn. PC is very generous with our hosts.

HTH

Definately do the pull apart bread recipe! Impresses guests every time:D

Attachments

• pull apart bread recipes[1].doc
    1.1 KB · Views: 382
lisacb77 said:
Thanks Rae. I do forget about telling them about defrost! What do you say?

I tell them that they can use the skillets to defrost things more quickly than they can on their kitchen counter. The anodized aluminum basically pulls the cold from whatever they need to defrost.

Do you know how much Pantry Cinnamon Plus to add? Thanks!:)

lacychef said:
Definately do the pull apart bread recipe! Impresses guests every time:D

I've made these a couple of times with only 1T of butter to a pkg of 5 grands.
It seemed like it needed more butter. My director told me the stick of butter seemed like too much. What amount of butter do you use for what amount of grands?

:) :confused: :confused:

Rice Krispy Treat demo using the 8" saute pan. One Tablespoon of butter melted, one snack bag size of marshmallows, and one snack size bag of Rice Krispies. Melt the butter, add the marshmallows, stir until melted. Take off the heat and stir in the rice krispies. Slide onto a small SA plate. Wipe out the saute pan with a paper towel and take a bow!!:D

Sally G said:
I've made these a couple of times with only 1T of butter to a pkg of 5 grands.
It seemed like it needed more butter. My director told me the stick of butter seemed like too much. What amount of butter do you use for what amount of grands?

:) :confused: :confused:

I use half a stick with the garlic ones..

Very cute and yummie idea!!!!

lkspeir said:
Rice Krispy Treat demo using the 8" saute pan. One Tablespoon of butter melted, one snack bag size of marshmallows, and one snack size bag of Rice Krispies. Melt the butter, add the marshmallows, stir until melted. Take off the heat and stir in the rice krispies. Slide onto a small SA plate. Wipe out the saute pan with a paper towel and take a bow!!:D

lisacb77 said:
Put an ice cube in it and pass it around. They will be amazed at how fast it melts...and you can explain that is due to the hard anodized (sp?) aluminum it's made from. It conducts temperature quicker, so water boils quicker in the saucepans. Also, point out the thick bottom and thin sides, which allows the temp to travel up quickly.

HTH. Haven't sold any yet but ppl are impressed by it.

That's is a great tips for the cookware. Thanks for sharing!!

chefjenibel said:
A very quick and easy demo that won't make you have to work too hard is the ice cube demo......
Simply ask the hostess for an ice cube, place it in the pan, and let everyone ooooh and aaaaah over how quickly the ice melts. When it is completely melted, pass it around so everyone can feel how cold the pan has become. What does this demonstrate? The AMAZING heat conductivity of our pans!!!!!! The larger pieces can be used to defrost meat. You can defrost a steak in 1/2 hour on the grill pan.
Another option is to burn a slice of American cheese right in the pan. (Not so that it is smoking, but so that it is visibly burnt). Let it cool a little (enough so you can handle it), and simply peel the whole piece of cheese right out of the bottom of the pan!!!! Obviously, we're demonstrating the non-stick surface here. ;) Your guests will be sold!
If you would like some recipes, I'm sure there are some on here. Just do a search in the files for "pull apart bread" or something and you should get some good ideas.
HTH!
Jen

You too. LOL

1. What are some ways to use the 8" skillet at shows?

There are many creative ways to use the 8" skillet at shows. You can use it to cook small appetizers, demonstrate a quick and easy recipe, or even use it as a serving dish for dips or sauces.

2. Is the 8" skillet suitable for all types of cooking?

Yes, the 8" skillet is versatile and can be used for a variety of cooking methods such as frying, sautéing, and even baking. Its size is perfect for single or small servings.

3. How durable is the 8" skillet?

The 8" skillet is made of high-quality stainless steel, making it very durable and long-lasting. It can withstand high heat and is also dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.

4. Can the 8" skillet be used on all types of stovetops?

Yes, the 8" skillet is suitable for all types of stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. Its flat base ensures even heat distribution for optimal cooking results.

5. Is the 8" skillet easy to store?

Yes, the 8" skillet is compact and easy to store in any kitchen cabinet or drawer. It is also lightweight, making it convenient to bring to shows and demonstrations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tracy99
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies
Views
chefann
  • KayPT
  • Products and Tips
Replies