• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Choosing the Right Cookware Set - %60 Off Anniversary Deal!

In summary, the woman is undecided which set of cookware to get for her anniversary present. She has a set of stainless sauce pans but dislikes the idea of having a frying pan in stainless. Mostly, she uses her non-frying pans for boiling water to cook pasta and mac and cheese. The executive cookware, according to the manufacturer, is only to be used at medium-high or lower temperatures. She also recommends that people fry in stainless if they want to, but she prefers non-stick cookware. The woman ends the summary by stating that she likes whichever set she winds up getting.

What would you choose?

• 7 Piece Stainless Cookware

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • 7 Piece Executive Cookware

Votes: 42 85.7%

• Total voters
jss016
For our anniversary, my husband is allowing me to purchase a seven piece cookware set at %60 off from my show I hosted last night. I already have the twelve inch executive skillet and I love it. However, I'm not sure which set I should get. I have a set of stainless sauce pans that I like too. I think that I would much rather have the sauce pans in stainless, but I dislike the idea of having a frying pan in stainless. Mostly, I use my non-frying pans for boiling water to cook pasta and mac and cheese which I can only do on high heat or my water won't boil. The executive use and care says to only use medium-high or lower. Which would you get if you were buying them? Does anyone boil water in their executive pans?

I only use the executive - not a stainless person I guess - I have all the executive and then some - love love love it!

I have all the executive cookware and LOVE IT!!!!:thumbup:

Love Executive Only Cleans Up In A Jiffy

I love my excutive cookware i have one piece of the SS for shows and it is the saute pan i do talk about and do show it but by far i sell more of the excutive. I love the little 4 qt pan for cooking mac and cheese, speghetti suace and such things like that. I don't think you could go wrong with the excutive cookware.

Even at medium high, my executive comes to a boil way faster than in any other pan I have owned!

I am not a stainless person....I am in love with my executive NON-STICK though!! That would be my vote, hands down!

Oh, and BTW- I *DO* fry in my non-stick and as long as you use a little butter or oil, things brown nicely!

Last edited:
stainless has its place in the kitchen, but I don't see ever needing a 7 piece set of it! Go non-stick and you won't regret it!

I have the 5-piece Exec and my DD bought the 7-piece Exec in Feb when it was 60% off one item. We love it! It's the easiest cleanup imaginable! She burnt a pancake in her skillet the first time she used it. She went over to the sink to try to "scrap" it out and when she touched it with the spatula, it fell out, leaving NOTHING in the skillet! She has been sold on it ever since and tells everyone about it! I use her story myself!

KellyTheChef said:
Even at medium high, my executive comes to a boil way faster than in any other pan I have owned!

I am not a stainless person....I am in love with my executive NON-STICK though!! That would be my vote, hands down!

Oh, and BTW- I *DO* fry in my non-stick and as long as you use a little butter or oil, things brown nicely!

Ditto all the way.

Enjoy whatever you wind up with!

Thanks everyone. I was leaning towards the Executive as it was. Now I'm convinced.

You sound so much like me before I won the 7-piece stainless in the spree. Love stainless to boil water in ... not so much to fry in. That said, I love my metal spoons and have not given up my cast iron for that reason.I had so many people insisting that it doesn't stick that I had to try frying in the pan just to prove them wrong.Know what? I like it a lot more than I thought I would. I use it mostly for breaded meats and gravy ... let it stick, add some water to release it, thicken it up and presto ... gravy like mom used to make!I won't use it for simple every day things like eggs and stuff ... but mostly because the stainless skillet lives in my cupboard, the other skillets live on my stove top. But they say every kitchen needs both and they are so right.That said, if you already have some stainless pots ... get what works for you.

I am in the minority here, but I LOVE the stainless. And honestly, who is really frying anything these days??? I have been using SS for 30 years and even though our executive is great, still recommend our SS. The 7 piece SS is awesome, the large 8 qt is great. As for the saute pan, keep your heat med and let your meat, etc sear a bit before you try to flip it.

I had a brand new set of Stainless when I joined PC in 2005. It has lived in our garage
ever since I earned our Executive line. I have just the SS PC Saute pan to show at shows but I cannot get excited about it because of my so-so experience with the "other" SS set. I boiled corn and lasagne in the Executive pots today. Just got through rinsing them out a few minutes ago. I love how easy they are to clean up.

I have the 7 piece Executive set and LOVE it. I did buy the 8" SS saute pan to show, but honestly I've never used it! Isn't that horrible, I just don't like stainless! I always tell guests that are usually two types of cooks, those who love stainless and those who love nonstick. So, which are you??

1. What materials should I look for in a cookware set?

When choosing a cookware set, it's important to consider the materials used. Stainless steel is a popular and durable option, while non-stick coatings make for easy clean-up. Ceramic and cast iron are also great choices for even heat distribution.

2. How many pieces should a cookware set include?

The number of pieces in a cookware set can vary, but a basic set should include a frying pan, saucepan, and stockpot. Some sets also include specialty items like a griddle or steamer basket. Consider your cooking needs and choose a set with the right amount of pieces for your kitchen.

3. What is the difference between a regular and an induction cookware set?

Regular cookware is designed to work on traditional stovetops, while induction cookware is specifically made to be used on induction cooktops. Induction cookware is typically made of magnetic materials, such as stainless steel or cast iron, and allows for faster and more efficient heating.

4. Are there any specific features I should look for in a cookware set?

Some cookware sets come with special features, such as stay-cool handles, glass lids, or detachable handles for easy storage. Consider what features would be most useful for your cooking style and choose a set that includes them.

5. What is the best way to care for a cookware set?

To ensure your cookware set lasts for years to come, proper care is essential. Always hand wash your cookware with warm, soapy water and avoid using metal utensils that can scratch the surface. It's also important to season cast iron cookware regularly to maintain its non-stick properties.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
millthayer
  • lt1jane
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • lindy0116