• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed: 7 Layer Taco Salad Recipe?

In summary, the person on the CD recommended the 7 layer taco salad as a good and popular dish that uses many products. They suggested using the Simple Additions Large Bowl, Mix 'N Chunky Salsa, and Guacamole Seasoning Mix, along with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, black beans, and Crushed Red Pepper & Garlic Rub for added flavor. This salad is a hit and perfect for any gathering.
SusanK
I was listening to the CD "How to Make Your Kitchen Show Sparkle" and the person on the CD said that the 7 layer taco salad was good and used a lot of products. I haven't been able to find it, any ideas? Please advise. Much appreciated.

I was looking for this EVERYwhere and just found it on another thread.Seven-Layer Southwestern Salad
2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
1 ½ cups sour cream
¾ cup thick and chunky salsa
1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 large green bell pepper, diced
2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
½ cup thinly sliced green onions with tops
1 package (16 ounces) iceberg lettuce salad mix (10 cups)
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 ½ cups corn chips (optional)1. In Small Batter Bowl, combine sour cream and salsa; mix well and
Set aside
2. Drain and rinse beans using large Colander. Using Chef’s Knife,
Dice bell pepper and tomatoes; thinly slice green onions. Layer beans, bell pepper, lettuce, tomatoes and green onions in Simple Additions Large Bowl
3. Spoon sour cream mixture over top using Small Mix ‘N Scraper
Spreading evenly. Grate cheese over top using Deluxe Cheese Grater. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Top with corn chips, if desired, and serve
***To make a heartier salad, add 2 cups cooked diced chicken between the bean layer and the bell pepper layer.

This is pretty layered in the Trifle Bowl as well.

My first summer as a consultant, I made this for every show! LOVE this salad!

Hi there! I'm so glad to hear that you're interested in making the 7 layer taco salad. It's definitely a fan favorite and a great way to showcase some of our products. To make the salad, you'll need our Simple Additions® Large Bowl, our Mix 'N Chunky Salsa, and our Guacamole Seasoning Mix. Layer these ingredients with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, and black beans in the bowl, and then top it off with our Crushed Red Pepper & Garlic Rub for a little extra kick. It's a delicious and impressive dish that's perfect for any gathering. I hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

What are the ingredients needed for the 7 Layer Taco Salad Recipe?

The ingredients for the 7 Layer Taco Salad Recipe are:

• 1 head of iceberg lettuce, chopped
  • 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 cup of frozen corn, thawed
  • 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
  • 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 cup of diced avocado
  • 1 cup of diced bell peppers
  • 1/2 cup of diced red onion
  • 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
  • 1/2 cup of crushed tortilla chips
  • 1/4 cup of ranch dressing
  • 1/4 cup of salsa
  • 1/4 cup of sour cream
  • 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning

Can I substitute any of the ingredients in the 7 Layer Taco Salad Recipe?

Yes, you can substitute any of the ingredients according to your preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use a different type of lettuce or cheese, or leave out the avocado or sour cream if you don't like them.

Do I have to use a specific type of taco seasoning for this recipe?

No, you can use any type of taco seasoning that you prefer. You can also make your own homemade taco seasoning if you don't have any on hand.

Can I make the 7 Layer Taco Salad ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the salad ahead of time, but it is best to wait to add the dressing and crushed tortilla chips until right before serving to prevent the salad from getting soggy.

How many servings does the 7 Layer Taco Salad Recipe make?

This recipe makes approximately 6-8 servings, depending on the size of your servings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
MSmith