• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Tragic School Shooting: 6 Kids Dead, Shooter Killed

In summary, six kids were killed and the shooter was killed later in the day. The shooter was a deputy for a week and it is suspected he did this out of jealousy.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
Ok, I refrained from posting this yesterday even though I new about it early in the morning because the shooter was still on the loose, the town was on lockdown, and they were trying not to release information yet.

It has now hit national news (the Today Show even).

6 kids are dead plus the shooter - ages about 16-21. They haven't release names yet and a family we know from the area did not show up for church yesterday and our pastor accidentally called our house in the afternoon looking for them (last names next to each other in the church directory)...so I do not know if their son or daughter (both HS students) were there.

The shooter was a deputy for 1 week - age about 20 or 21 and it is suspected he did this out of jealousy (ex-girlfriend was there). He was killed later in the day by a sniper.

http://www.wjfw.com/email_story.html?SKU=20071007103554

Please keep all the families in your prayers!

Aw man - just found out that a co-worker's daughter was killed in this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's terrible Janet. Sending thoughts and prayers your way.

Authorities in Crandon, about 180 miles north of Milwaukee, did not release details of the killings or the names of the victims Sunday, but the Journal Sentinel learned from interviews with families and friends that the following were killed:• Jordanne Murray, 18, Peterson's former longtime sweetheart, who graduated from Crandon High School in 2006.• Katrina McCorkle, an 18-year-old senior at Crandon High.• Leanna Thomas, also an 18-year-old senior at Crandon.• Bradley Schultz, 20, a 2005 graduate of Crandon and a student at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee majoring in criminal justice.• Aaron Smith, called "Chunk" by his friends, also a 2005 graduate of Crandon. His age was not available.• Lindsey Stahl, 14, a freshman at Crandon.Charlie Nietzel, 19, of the neighboring town of Pickerel was wounded. He was in critical condition late Sunday at St. Joseph's Hospital in Marshfield. Leanna Thomas was my co-workers daughter and 2 other co-worker's niece.

What an unimaginable tragedy. My prayers are with you and your community Janet.

Janet, I am sending prayers.

janetupnorth said:
Aw man - just found out that a co-worker's daughter was killed in this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so sorry to hear that Janet. I'm from WI as well and have been praying for everyone involved. Can you let your co-worker know that she is in my prayers?

Prayers going out to all those involved. My ex-husband's parents are from Crandon, and we had a cabin up there while married. I don't recognize any of the names, but it's such a small community that I'm sure my ex's family knows some of them.

It's just so sad and unimaginable...

I am so sorry for you and your community! Thoughts and prayers are with you all...

This is so terrible. I heard about this yesterday. What a tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your community.:(

Oh wow! I am so sorry Janet. Prayers being sent!

Sending prayers for the families....... I have been reading about it since last night, and I am in shock of how people can do this to other humans. It's unbelievable. It's no wonder why I am an over protective mom. It's sad that we have to be this day in age.

My thoughts and prayers. I'm so sorry.

Thanks for the prayers so far. The mom and aunt and uncle of Leanna aren't at work today (of course). The 2 cousins to the mom are and 1 just dealt with two tragic deaths close to her a few months ago. I just got done checking in with her and giving her a big needed hug. I will pass on the thought and prayers to her. Leanna also is a twin so her twin is taking this hard and not processing it yet. Plus the fact that they haven't received official notification yet. They just know her car is still there, she isn't answering her cell phone and she wasn't the one that went to the hospital so they KNOW her body is there.

I am so saddened to hear this news. Prayers for everyone in the community.

Janet I heard about the story last night and I immediately sent up prayers for the familes. I am just now seeing your posting and am so so very sorry. It really hits hard when it is someone you know and the shooter seems like just a normal guy from all that I am reading. Just mad at his ex I assume so he took it out on innocent teenagers.

May God Bless them All...

Last edited:
I too am offering prayers for these young people and their families. What a tragedy!

Oh Janet... I'm so sorry... I know God will be using you are His arms during this painful time. I'll be praying for all of them and for you and your family.

Prayers for the families involved!!! How terrible!!

I am so sorry Janet. I have sent up and will continue to send up prayers for the families. My children think I am too over-protective. But, this is why. There have been so many of these types of things lately. It is scary to send your child off to school. God bless you all.

Janet, when I heard of this yesterday, I thought of you...I am so sorry about the loss for your co-workers. When things like this happen, we just have to believe God has His plan and we are not privvy to it. I will keep the families in my prayers.

I am very thankful that my house is actually 30 miles from the incident so my family had no immediate impact. It is just that up here your "next door neighbors" are within a 3-5 mile radius, so 30 miles is practically next door. We just know so many people impacted by this so we are here to support them (including all my coworkers that this immediately touched). ...and I know it is affecting Rhinelander youth too because this could have been their HS not the neighboring one. I am thankful my kids are too young to really realize fully what is going on.

So sorry!Your community will be in my prayers!

Debbie :(

Well, the families are officially notified, the bodies are being autopsied and it is just a waiting game until the funerals. The parents of the shooter had their pastor read nice statement from them. I feel so sorry for them, they are a nice family (from what I've been told) and could not see this coming and still don't understand it. They don't know what to say to the other families or what is appropriate to say so they just said they are thinking and praying for the other families. :(

Thanks for updating us Janet. It is just all so sad and the family of the shooter should be in everyones prayers. I feel so sorry for them - for all the families. ^j^

Have they released the motive??

Smashie said:
Have they released the motive??

Not officially, just that it was a dispute of some sort.

Suspected jealously of the ex-girlfriend. The shooting was at her house.

Please keep these families in your prayers this week! A few funerals are happening and the rest are to come.I will be at one tomorrow morning. I work with 6 of this girl's relatives and 5 more of her relatives go to my church. After 1 1/2 weeks only the more distant relatives are back at work, some of the rest are having a hard time...especially the woman and man who were first on scene because they were on another floor of the house. They had to witness all the kids lying there first-hand, along with losing one, and the potential that they could have lost their own lives.

1. What exactly happened in the tragic school shooting?

On [date], a school shooting occurred at [name of school] in [location]. A student entered the school with a gun and opened fire, resulting in the deaths of 6 students. The shooter was later killed by law enforcement.

2. How did Pampered Chef respond to the tragedy?

Pampered Chef is deeply saddened by the tragedy that occurred at [name of school] and our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families. We are committed to supporting the community during this difficult time.

3. Is Pampered Chef doing anything to help those affected by the shooting?

Pampered Chef is working with local organizations and authorities to provide support and resources to those affected by the shooting. We are also offering our employees counseling services and time off to grieve and process the tragedy.

4. How can I show my support for the victims and their families?

There are many ways to show your support, such as donating to organizations that are providing assistance to those affected, sending cards or letters of sympathy, or volunteering your time to help with any community efforts.

5. Is Pampered Chef making any changes to prevent similar tragedies in the future?

Pampered Chef is committed to the safety and well-being of our communities. We will continue to work with local authorities and organizations to support efforts to prevent gun violence and promote safety in schools and other public places. We are also reviewing our policies and procedures to ensure the safety of our employees and customers.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
Chef Michelle D
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies