• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Regular or Jumbo Muffins: Which Size is Right for You?

In summary, regular muffins are smaller in size (2.5 ounces) compared to jumbo muffins (6 ounces). A standard 12-cup muffin pan yields 12 regular-sized muffins. The same recipe can be used for both regular and jumbo muffins, but the baking time may need to be adjusted for jumbo muffins. The baking temperature is generally the same for both sizes, but may need to be slightly reduced for dark-colored jumbo muffin pans. A regular muffin recipe can be used for a jumbo muffin pan, but the baking time may need to be adjusted.
nikkijo
Are these regular size muffins or jumbo?

TIA!

Nikki

They're the regular size.

Diane

Does anyone know if this would fit in a toaster oven, like the small bar pan does? Many Thanks!

Alison

I just checked, and it fits in mine perfectly. My toaster oven is fairly large, though, so it probably depends on the oven.

Thanks for the suggestion - never even thought about using the muffin pan in there!!

Diane

FYI - I use mine to make banana muffins with the recipe I have for banana bread. One loaf/batch of the batter fits perfectly into 6 muffins!

1. What is the difference between regular and jumbo muffin size?

Regular muffins are typically smaller in size, with a standard capacity of about 2.5 ounces. Jumbo muffins, on the other hand, are larger and have a capacity of around 6 ounces.

2. How many muffins can I make with a regular muffin pan?

A standard 12-cup muffin pan will yield 12 regular-sized muffins.

3. Can I use the same recipe for both regular and jumbo muffins?

Yes, you can use the same recipe for both sizes of muffins. However, you may need to adjust the baking time for jumbo muffins as they will take longer to bake.

4. Is there a difference in baking temperature for regular and jumbo muffins?

Generally, the baking temperature for both sizes of muffins is the same. However, if you are using a dark-colored jumbo muffin pan, you may need to reduce the oven temperature by 25 degrees Fahrenheit to prevent the muffins from over-browning on the outside before they are fully cooked on the inside.

5. Can I use a regular muffin recipe for a jumbo muffin pan?

Yes, you can use a regular muffin recipe for a jumbo muffin pan. Just keep in mind that the baking time may need to be adjusted as jumbo muffins will take longer to bake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
heat123
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • redsoxgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies