• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fifty Shades Meets FOOD: Planning a Theme Party

In summary, a Pure Romance 50 Shades party theme was popular at a friend's recent party and could be a fun idea for a PC consultant to market to friends or as a date night idea.
chefsteph07
I recently went to a Pure Romance party and the consultant did a Fifty Shades theme...It got me to thinking...could we do the same thing with a FOOD theme? For anyone who read the book, Christian Grey is obsessed w/ food! I think I could get a few hits for shows with something like this, so I was thinking of what could be done...any ideas out there?

I read the first one and I don't remember much food detail. But I think it's a great idea!!

He is obsessed with food... and making sure she eats it.

I loved the Pure Romance 50 Shades line... a friend of mine just had a party!

I also loved the books, and I'm all for 50 Shades sex toy parties.... and as nice as it is that we can market some of our grill tools as bondage tools (hello BBQ turner) ... I think this theme show would have to be tailored to a very specific host in case discussions arose... and if they did, are you prepared as a PC consultant to take on discussions about BDSM? I don't remember that in the contract. ;) I consider my self pretty liberal when it comes to people's sexual whatevers.... but I actually had to put the book down to recover.

BUT alas, there probably is a market for it. I would go back through the books and pick out some of the recipes made and either tailor them to a demo, or find a similar PC recipe. I'm sure you could make a super cute invitation with some catchy wording.... darnit... now my mind is rolling and this could be a fantastic idea. Ideas and invite to come......

vanscootin said:
He is obsessed with food... and making sure she eats it.

I loved the Pure Romance 50 Shades line... a friend of mine just had a party!

I also loved the books, and I'm all for 50 Shades sex toy parties.... and as nice as it is that we can market some of our grill tools as bondage tools (hello BBQ turner) ... I think this theme show would have to be tailored to a very specific host in case discussions arose... and if they did, are you prepared as a PC consultant to take on discussions about BDSM? I don't remember that in the contract. ;) I consider my self pretty liberal when it comes to people's sexual whatevers.... but I actually had to put the book down to recover.

BUT alas, there probably is a market for it. I would go back through the books and pick out some of the recipes made and either tailor them to a demo, or find a similar PC recipe. I'm sure you could make a super cute invitation with some catchy wording.... darnit... now my mind is rolling and this could be a fantastic idea. Ideas and invite to come......

I agree...this is for my best friend and her friends, who are mutual aquaintances...I was just thinking of something fun that we could do where I wouldn't really feel uncomfortable talking about THAT issue...I don't know if I would really market it toward those I didn't know! :)

I loved the books and we had so much fun at my book club discussing! Meals they had that I can remember: Spanish omelette, chicken salad, oysters (lol, had to mention). I think I would go the wine and dessert route and focus on how to make a romantic dessert or main dish.

chefsteph07 said:
I agree...this is for my best friend and her friends, who are mutual aquaintances...I was just thinking of something fun that we could do where I wouldn't really feel uncomfortable talking about THAT issue...I don't know if I would really market it toward those I didn't know! :)

I started working on an invite... I'll post it as soon as it's done...

I went to a passion party and got the intercourses cookbook, I wonder if some of the recipes could be altered a little to make them more Pampered Chef friendly. Could be a great party for people looking for date night ideas...

morgieloo88 said:
I loved the books and we had so much fun at my book club discussing! Meals they had that I can remember: Spanish omelette, chicken salad, oysters (lol, had to mention). I think I would go the wine and dessert route and focus on how to make a romantic dessert or main dish.

I was definitely thinking wine, and featuring our new opener and the wine glasses, etc. And dessert as well...(I could even do the german chocolate cake in the RCB), and feature a "main dish"...I like that you all have your brains going! I think this could be fun to do w/ a group of friends like I want to do!

sailorsarah said:
I went to a passion party and got the intercourses cookbook, I wonder if some of the recipes could be altered a little to make them more Pampered Chef friendly. Could be a great party for people looking for date night ideas...

and I LOVE the "date night" route!

sailorsarah said:

I want an intercourses cookbook!!!:cry:

It's actually pretty good. My husband and I did a date night with recipes from it while he was on leave from deployment. It was a good night :)

Here is a draft of an invitation... I'm not the most creative, but it's a start!

Attachments

• fiftyshades.pdf
    365.8 KB · Views: 964
Is it possible to get this invite in word? I love it already!

This is such a FUN idea!! It would work best with people you know though, especially if you embarass easily. It would be great for a book group - even if they weren't reading this at the time. And, the idea could probably be expanded for other books - you may have to get creative, but if you know people who are in book clubs, it may be worth the extra effort to make it a little more fun & unusual!

You guys rock for always coming up with clever ideas - Thanks!!

This is a fabulous idea to take popular culture & focus it towards your PC business!

Guess what, I got an email a few days ago from Bobbi Brown cosmetics titled "When Did Grey Get So Naughty" and it just focuses on gray eyeshadow & eyeliner....but I bet they get some business from it, too:balloon:

Wouldn't be surprised if PC sends something about this in a newswire, or my director mentions it.... in 3 months.:cool:

Gee...I feel so innovative! ha ha!! ;)

vanscootin said:
Here is a draft of an invitation... I'm not the most creative, but it's a start!

I LOVE this invite!!! YOU TOTALLY ROCK!!!!! :thumbup:

ShellBeach said:
This is a fabulous idea to take popular culture & focus it towards your PC business!

Guess what, I got an email a few days ago from Bobbi Brown cosmetics titled "When Did Grey Get So Naughty" and it just focuses on gray eyeshadow & eyeliner....but I bet they get some business from it, too:balloon:

Wouldn't be surprised if PC sends something about this in a newswire, or my director mentions it.... in 3 months.:cool:

LOL! I don't think PC will get on board with bondage....

BUT WE CAN!!!!! LOL!

vanscootin said:
LOL! I don't think PC will get on board with bondage....

BUT WE CAN!!!!! LOL!

Yeah! Tie those turkey legs! Force those chicken wings behind its back! LOL:p

I started doing theme shows a couple of years ago and it has made a huge difference in my business. Even if you only mention that is an option of one of your parties you will get some people excited about hosting with you who may or may not choose that a s a theme
Good Luck and the invite is awesome!

Did you see the 50 Shades t-shirt for sale on Groupon?

http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-50-shades-of-grey-womens-tees?c=all&p=11

Only a few hours left.

Do you know there is a "50 Shades of Chicken" Cookbook. The book is hilarious, has recipes such as "vanilla chicken" - just plain roasted chicken nothing fancy - TRUSTED Chicken, it follows the storyline of the book and is written from the chicken's point of view I have it, and love it ;) lol Anyways, I'm quite sure these recipes could be converted very easily, OH and BTW, Food is very erotic, so I guess I would have to answer "I'm totally prepared, to go where in that direction if the need be" ;) ALL FOR THE SAKE OF MY BUSINESS of course ;) Enjoy ladies

Has anyone followed thru and done this theme for a party? How did it go?

Did anyone do this? Looking for ideas for one.

What type of food should I serve at a "Fifty Shades" themed party?

For a "Fifty Shades" themed party, you can serve a variety of dishes that are inspired by the books and movies. Some ideas include decadent desserts, like chocolate covered strawberries or a red velvet cake, as well as savory dishes such as steak or spicy chicken wings. You can also incorporate foods mentioned in the books, like oysters and champagne.

Are there any specific Pampered Chef products that would be perfect for this theme?

Yes, there are many Pampered Chef products that would be perfect for a "Fifty Shades" themed party. Some options include our Chocolate Drizzler for creating elegant chocolate designs, our Stoneware Fluted Pan for baking a delicious cake, and our Rockcrok® Dutch Oven for cooking up a savory meal. You can also check out our "Fifty Shades of Flavor" recipe collection for more ideas.

What kind of drinks should I serve at the party?

For drinks, you can serve a variety of options to fit the theme. Some popular choices include a "Red Room" cocktail made with cranberry juice and vodka, or a "Vanilla Laters, Baby" martini made with vanilla vodka and espresso. You can also offer a selection of wines, as they are frequently mentioned in the books.

Do you have any game or activity suggestions for the party?

Yes, there are many fun game and activity ideas for a "Fifty Shades" themed party. You can have a "Tie the Knot" game where guests try to tie a tie blindfolded, or a "Grey or Nay" game where guests have to guess whether a quote is from the book or not. You can also have a "Fifty Shades" trivia contest or a "Red Room" photo booth for guests to take pictures with props.

What are some decor ideas for the party?

For decor, you can incorporate elements from the books and movies, such as using black, white, and red colors, as well as incorporating handcuffs, masks, and other props. You can also use quotes from the books as part of the decor, and have a red satin tablecloth or other elegant touches. Additionally, using Pampered Chef products as part of the decor, such as our Stoneware Fluted Pan as a centerpiece, can add a unique touch to the theme.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ericadboone
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ericadboone
  • Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Dotty
  • pamperedchef88