• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

50 Guests, No Food Allowed. How Would You Do the Show?

In summary, the venue does not want any food in the room. The speaker is looking for ideas on how to entertain 50 guests. They are going to do a "walk through the catalog" and highlight some of their most popular products. They are also going to do a "demo" of a recipe by having the "chicken" come up and be grated (show the microplane grater while talking about it). The "red bell pepper" needs to be sliced on the slicer, etc... The speaker is looking for ideas on how to keep their higher show average.
Sheila
Gold Member
2 heads think better than 1. 100 heads definitely think better than one! LOL

The venue doesn't want ANY food in the room. How would you entertain 50 guests? I know I could do a "walk through the catalog" and highlight some of our most popular products. But I'm looking for outside the box ideas for entertaining this crowd of business women who are wanting to learn how to make quick, easy, HEALTHY recipes in a flash when they get home from work. Oh, and I'm told most have "disposable incomes" ...

Hit me with your brilliant ideas. Go!

You could have pictures of the ingredients for different recipes and hand them out in the audience. "Demo" the recipe(s) by having the "chicken" come up. Then have the "cheddar cheese" come up and be grated (show the microplane grater while talking about it). The "red bell pepper" needs to be sliced on the slicer, etc... You can then "toss" the ingredients into the DCP and "microwave" it for the time using the timer... Then you can say, "Now if you would like to try this and are afraid that it will taste like paper, why don't you have a 'real' cooking show and I will do this recipe for you and your guests!"

If you wanted to get more people involved, you could have a few stations "making" the same recipe (multiple chickens, etc). And you could have them pasted on different coloured paper so that all of the "blues" are at one station and get to meet other "blues".

Can't wait to hear more ideas from others and then to hear what you do and how it turns out! Good Luck!

No food in the room or no food to be eaten by the guests?I think I would be sure to highlight the Deep Covered Baker.

Do you remember the video segment from one of the last year's launches....it was an episode of The Dish with Michael Reeves. He basically did a cooking show without food if I recall.Would you have access to an overhead screen or something to hook up your computer? Create a photo slideshow or powerpoint and that contains your food and steps in picture...or even Video clips. Maybe quick steps in video highlighting key items?

esavvymom said:
Do you remember the video segment from one of the last year's launches....it was an episode of The Dish with Michael Reeves. He basically did a cooking show without food if I recall.Would you have access to an overhead screen or something to hook up your computer? Create a photo slideshow or powerpoint and that contains your food and steps in picture...or even Video clips. Maybe quick steps in video highlighting key items?
That was one of my favorite demos of all time....."You're looking at me like I am two sandwiches away from a picnic" Had a lot of laughs and learned a lot!

I don't think they are wanting any food at all in the venue.

They are wanting to learn Healthy recipes. So definitely going to do the "cell phone" game & either give away the "Make it quick, make it healthy" cookbook or the "spin on salads" cookbook.Someone on the Director's forum said: "I think it sounds like fun. That is what you call being the Michelangelo of Pampered Chef. Paint them a picture. Go to each work station around the room and explain the recipe with the products. Artist at her best. Ask if they can smell the fajitas, can they see the amazing display of the salad on a tray, can they smell the luscious chocolate skillet cake. etc. It will be a riot."And another said (I had mentioned that I want to maintain my higher show average & not have a huge drop in sales by changing up what I already know works & trying something new): "I have done shows with NO FOOD at all. I did it as an "air demo" focusing on our top collections (which is how I also start my shows). The line I always use is...I am going to teach you about our top 10 products and collections. If you came to have fun and relax and learn- that is fabulous. If you came for a vegtable peeler- that's fine too, but I don't need to teach you how to use that...what I need to teach you is why this deep covered Baker (our Magic Pot) is $85 and how it is going to save you time and $ in the kitchen 2-5 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner..." (this is after I thank my host etc.. ) then I start with our cookware 12 inch skillet or Grill pan...then stoneware, cutlery, few items in between...recipes galore (as someone mentioned above) an yes- high sales $800-$1000 with no food. Having food at our shows is an extra perk- remember we sell tools...the food is a bonus. good luck!"

Having food at the show in alot of ways almost sounds like a distraction! ;)

When they are eating is when I do my booking & recruiting slide! It's the only time they are really quiet! LOL

Sheila, wish I was closer to be able to attend one of your shows. They sound fabulous. I love your description of your wording. :thumbup:

Here's an idea. Take the booking necklace idea and expand it. 50 people could equate to 2 or 3 recipes. Make product necklaces to go with each "recipe". Pick 3 colors of cards for the necklaces to indicate the recipe they go with. Here's an example:Recipe #1: Chicken Fajitas
Card 1: DCB picture with "script" on back that the guest wearing it reads
Card 2: Simple Slicer..."I'll slice your peppers on setting 3 for thick perfect even slices and your onion on setting 1 for super fine, carmelizing onions"
Card 3: Garlic Peeler & Slicer Set..."Stop, Drop, & Roll! That's how you work the peeler and presto, change-o, whole garlic without the peel. Then drop those peeled garlic cloves into the slicer, press & twist like a pencil sharpener and perfect razor thin slices make their way to your fajitas"
Card 4: Chili-Lime Rub...Recipe 2 could be the salsa in the mfp, walk thru it while the fajitas are "cooking" and recipe 3 could be a tossed salad that includes using the various salad tools.Everyone participates in "making" the recipes and it also doesn't allow them to just sit and listen to you talk.

Thanks, but those were quotes from other Directors (I posted this same question on a Director's forum.)

Where can I find the rest of this "air demo" script? Sounds awesome, and I think I could learn something from it! Thanks!

Where did you find this group of women with disposable incomes to do a demo for?!! Would love to do a demo for a group of ladies like this!!

Sheila, did you have your show yet? How did it go and what did you do? Just curious :)

1. How do you handle a Pampered Chef show with 50 guests where no food is allowed?

For a show with 50 guests where no food is allowed, we recommend focusing on our non-food products such as kitchen tools and cookware. Our consultants can demonstrate how these products can enhance cooking and entertaining without the need for food samples.

2. Can we still do a recipe demonstration without actually cooking food?

Yes, our consultants are trained to give engaging and informative recipe demonstrations without actually cooking food. They can use visual aids, such as videos and photos, to showcase the end result of the recipe and highlight the benefits of using our products.

3. Will there be any food samples for guests to try during the show?

Unfortunately, due to the no food policy, we will not be able to provide any food samples during the show. However, our consultants can offer alternative ways for guests to experience our products, such as hands-on demonstrations and interactive games.

4. Are there any non-food products specifically designed for entertaining large groups?

Yes, we have a variety of kitchen tools and products that are perfect for entertaining large groups. From serving platters and bowls to drink dispensers and party trays, our products are designed to make hosting and serving guests easier and more stylish.

5. Can we still have a fun and engaging show without food samples?

Absolutely! Our consultants are skilled at creating a fun and interactive atmosphere during our Pampered Chef shows, even without food samples. They can engage guests with games, product demonstrations, and personalized recommendations to make the show enjoyable for everyone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CAPCnewbie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
mandy412
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies