• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has anyone tried a 50/50 Raffle Fundraiser before?

In summary, the daycare parent is planning to do a fundraiser with their daughter's daycare. They saw a flyer for the 50/50 Raffle Ticket fundraiser and found that it was a perfect way to raise money. They will give the daycare the flyer and the attachement for the fundraiser. The state gaming commission in their state is aware of these types of fundraisers and usually require a permit. If they were to do a drawing for which people purchase tickets, they would need to check with the gaming commission first.
starrmarie
I'm going to do a fundraiser with my daughter's daycare. I saw someone's flyer for the 50/50 Raffle Ticket fundraiser. Here is the attachement for the flyer (and I am working on the raffle tickets) I will give the daycare. Has anyone else done anything like this? and how did it work out?

Attachments

• Fundraiser Raffle Letter.doc
    31 KB · Views: 721
If you're going to do any sort of drawing for which people purchase tickets, check with your state gaming commission. Those are considered raffles and usually require a permit.

Would you still need to do this if you are asking for a $5 "donation"?

I'd still check with the gaming commission. Most raffles are donations, but because there's that element of chance, it's considered gambling.

can you do a raffle for Michigan?

No. You need a license in Michigan.
One way to get around it, though, is to give tickets free with purchase of something else. Because then the guests aren't buying the tickets.

I haven't tried it but some of my cluster mates have. I don't think they had good luck with them.

Good luck on yours though!!!

I was curious, and looked up my state (Arizona). It is illegal here too... Serious too! It is a class 5 felony. Yikes!

Yeah, I don't think it's something where you should just say "Oh well, I've seen other people do it." Because you only need to be caught once to be in trouble.

To me, it wouldn't be worth the chance. If it's illegal, it's illegal.

There are lots of other (legal) ways to do fundraisers!

Thanks, so I can say sell quikut knife for $1.00 or scb $1.00 to enter in drawing for Deep dish baker? I was gonna sell raffle tickets for deep dish baker to make up for my booth space and raffle item... Maybe I will have to think of something else. any other suggestions?

I'd give people an entry for:
- each $20 they order (then bigger orders get more entries)
- booking a show
- booking a catalog show

Thanks Ann, I was thinking about this all day. I thought of:
-1 raffle for each $20.00 order
-2 raffles for each $60.00 plus free (monthly special)
-4 raffles for Catalog/cooking show
We were thinking alike. I really don't want to do money raffle knowing my luck I would get busted and fined at the event.

1. What is a 50/50 raffle ticket fundraiser?

A 50/50 raffle ticket fundraiser is a common type of fundraising event where participants purchase raffle tickets for a chance to win half of the total money raised. The remaining half of the money goes towards the designated cause or organization.

2. How does a 50/50 raffle ticket fundraiser work?

In a 50/50 raffle ticket fundraiser, individuals purchase raffle tickets for a set price, such as $1 or $5. The more tickets they purchase, the higher their chances of winning. At the end of the fundraising event, one winning ticket is drawn and the winner receives half of the total money raised. The other half goes towards the designated cause.

3. Are 50/50 raffle ticket fundraisers legal?

Yes, 50/50 raffle ticket fundraisers are legal in most states as long as they are conducted for charitable or nonprofit purposes. However, it is important to check with your local authorities for any specific regulations or permits that may be required.

4. How can I promote a 50/50 raffle ticket fundraiser?

There are many ways to promote a 50/50 raffle ticket fundraiser, such as using social media, creating flyers or posters, and reaching out to local businesses for sponsorships or donations. It is also helpful to leverage personal networks and word of mouth to spread the word about the event.

5. How can I ensure the fairness of a 50/50 raffle ticket fundraiser?

To ensure fairness in a 50/50 raffle ticket fundraiser, it is important to have clear rules and guidelines in place, such as the price of tickets, the deadline for purchasing tickets, and the time and method of drawing the winning ticket. It may also be helpful to have a third-party oversee the drawing to ensure transparency and avoid any potential conflicts of interest.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• janezapchef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • sarahmarie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
nikked
  • mandydollie