• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

5 Things I Wish I Would Have Known!!!

In summary, Anne says that if she had done things differently she would have been more aggressive with her marketing and sales efforts from the get-go. She recommends using the PC plan for success and being bold when talking to friends and family about starting a PC business.
CarlyanneM
Just wondering if any of you "seasoned" ;) Chefs out there could tell us newbies some things you wish you would have known in the beginning of your PC journey.

Example
* Things you would have done differently
* Best lessons you've learned
* Your best sales lines

Thanks so much!

Welcome! I would have been more aggessive with scheduling shows and catalog shows. So much easier to keep going than getting started again.

I wish....I would have been more frugal with my PC $ and really considered what I needed vs. what I wanted.I would have gone to more parties of other consultants.I would have asked more questions.I would have booked more shows/asked more people/shared my business more.I would have taken PC's plan for success at its word, used PC's "scripts" to introduce/share my business.

@ Anne, Thanks for responding! If you don't mind me asking, what would you have done to be more aggressive? cold calling? Investing more in marketing? Pampering businesses? Are there certain strategies you feel would make the most difference if in the beginning you really push in a particular area or way?

Hokey mom,
I hadn't thought about the smart with PC dollars! Cuz I have a mile long wish list that keeps on growing. This has been a really helpful comment bc instead of imagining what I want, I'm now thinking which items will I be able to use the most to help my shows and improve my business! (but getting the extras as my pat on the back when I do well will be a fun treat!)How do you approach other consultants about going to their shows? I have watched some videos of other shows and that has been helpful so I can only imagine being there! I just don't wanna sound like a creeper... "Hiii, can I come sit in a corner and watch you..... Hu hu huuuuu... (awkward laughter, bright red face..)"And how would you have gone about sharing your business more?Thank you! :)

I would have started offering the business opportunity to others from day 1 (vs. waiting 19 months to get the motivation to start building a team) and I'd have started doing the full service checkout (booking more shows) from day 1 too. I bought the booking/recruiting slide when it came out, then carried it around & didn't USE it at my shows for several months. When I finally made the decision to "just do it", and use that booking/recruiting slide & actually DO a full service checkout ... boy did it make a difference!!!

Ask your director about attending her shows and ask other consultants when you go to your team meeting. As for sharing the business more, I agree with Sheila-use the booking slide (should be one of your 1st purchases!), do the fsco, but also really be bold when talking to friends and family! I was very shy and unsure of myself and it showed! BELIEVE! Believe in PC, believe in the benefits of a cooking show, believe in the business opportunity, and most of all believe in yourself! You have taken on an amazing opportunity by starting your own PC business. You owe it to yourself, to your business, your family & friends, and to those you meet to offer it. You don't know everyone's situation and if you consider that it could possibly be an answer to someone's prayer then don't you feel obligated to let them know what a PC business can do for them?You're on the right track here by asking questions.

I would have definitely started recruiting sooner. When my first recruit didn't succeed- I took it hard. I thought it was my fault. Then I learned we can help them but it's up to them whether they succeed or fail.

Timing is a big part of all of it, too. Within 1 year of starting, I launched one of the biggest fundraisers our state held, at $3300 in sales - then I got educated and found out how to make it much better. When I got another opportunity with a group 1/10th that size, I had $1600 in sales, and knew I was on to something. I had a golden opportunity that turned brackish last year when a huge and motivated group initially sought me out to fundraise, then school administration said no - not as a student-driven ASB fundraiser, so we shifted it to a parent event, and did $5600 in sales. I'm eager to see what the next big fundraiser is going to be like!

Learn all you can. Check out the names you keep hearing. Go look at others' websites (often pc dot biz slash their first or last name), and learn. Learning helps earning!

Biggest regret is not building steady momentum (2 shows/week no matter what).

Best sales lines, are anticipating/assuming the sale. Not - "Would you have a show for me", but "When can we get your friends together for a fun recipe demo? Would they prefer light and simple or Mexican Fiesta?". Another is "When we have YOUR show, we can make xyz or abc". Positive, soft sell. Classic Doris Christopher.

Finally, read Doris's books. I think there are 3 - Very motivational.

I agree with Scott. When I started there wasn't any internet. Today take advantage of it. The PC website and Chef Success are great places to start.
Spend sometime looking thru all our posts and files. There are so many great tips and ideas here. Also do the PC online training courses. And play with your products!
"Learn to Earn"

I agree with the posts above. Remember that your business is flexible but not optional. It works if you work it; the only way this business fails to work is if you fail to work. (Trust me, I've been doing this on the side for 13 years and have had excellent months and empty months. I have never gone inactive because I didn't want to lose my career sales, but I've had a few panicked last days of the month before. It's much easier to keep the business going when you are in the habit of working it.)I wish I had done a better job with follow through on leads and with Customer Care calls. If you do an event, make sure you have time in the next 24-72 hours to follow up with each person that filled out a door prize slip at your booth. Make sure you contact customers within 3 weeks of their order arriving so that they are still in the 30-Day guarantee period.If you do recruit immediately, do NOT make the mistake I did...assuming that because they signed up, they are self-starters who will contact me if they have questions. (Just because you read your Consultant Newsletter and attend trainings doesn't mean they will! Unless you tell them up front to keep that night reserved for training, they probably won't be there.) Plan to call your recruit weekly to help him or her get going and overcome challenges.Attend every training event you can, whether it is your cluster or something offered by the Home Office. Reach out when you have questions or issues. Remember, you are in business FOR yourself but not BY yourself!

1. What are the 5 things covered in "5 Things I Wish I Would Have Known!!!"?

The 5 things covered in "5 Things I Wish I Would Have Known!!!" are time-saving tips, kitchen organization, meal planning, cooking techniques, and product recommendations.

2. How can "5 Things I Wish I Would Have Known!!!" benefit me as a Pampered Chef consultant?

"5 Things I Wish I Would Have Known!!!" can benefit you as a Pampered Chef consultant by providing you with valuable knowledge and insights that can help you improve your business, save time in the kitchen, and become a more efficient cook.

3. Is "5 Things I Wish I Would Have Known!!!" only for new consultants?

No, "5 Things I Wish I Would Have Known!!!" is beneficial for both new and experienced consultants. It covers a variety of topics that can benefit all consultants, regardless of their level of experience.

4. Are the tips in "5 Things I Wish I Would Have Known!!!" specific to Pampered Chef products?

No, the tips in "5 Things I Wish I Would Have Known!!!" can be applied to any kitchen and cooking situation. While there may be some product recommendations, the overall focus is on general tips and techniques that can benefit anyone.

5. How can I access "5 Things I Wish I Would Have Known!!!"?

"5 Things I Wish I Would Have Known!!!" is available to all Pampered Chef consultants through the Consultant's Corner on the Pampered Chef website. It can also be accessed through various training materials and resources provided by the company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • Heidi Schmidt
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • makeawhisk
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies