• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Comparing 5" and 7" Strainers - Karen's Questions

In summary, the main differences between the 5" and 7" strainers from Pampered Chef are their size, with the 5" being smaller and the 7" being larger. Both strainers can be used for similar tasks such as straining pasta, rinsing fruits and vegetables, and sifting dry ingredients, but the 7" strainer may be more efficient for larger batches of ingredients. Both strainers are made from high-quality stainless steel and are dishwasher safe. The 7" strainer is better for draining liquids due to its larger surface area, but the 5" strainer can also effectively drain liquids for smaller quantities or for more precision in straining.
thehaleykitchen
Gold Member
I have neither of the strainers but I have a customer asking which is better: the 5" or the 7"?

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions on these?

Thanks,
Karen

I don't have the PC ones either, but measured the one I do have and it's 5 inches. Maybe ask more questions about what she'd use it for? I can strain a can of artichoke hearts in mine, and that might be the biggest thing I use it for. But wondering a if a pint of strawberries would fit, etc.

I use the 7" one as a sifter, I set it over the batter bowl or stainless bowl. The 5" one is pretty small. I always wonder what everyone uses theirs for. Hopefully others will give some ideas. :)

I have both but use the 7" more often. I also sift flour in it and when I want to strain juices or when I make my broth, it is quite practical as it should fit across most sinks (standard size). Don't waste money on the 5", you can fit the same stuff in the 5 than in the 7 but not the other way around.

I use the 7" a lot. It fits over bowls better.

When in doubt, I go for the larger one. What you can do with the 5", you can do with the 7" and more.

Last edited:
I like the larger 7" strainer for rinsing Quinoa, Rice, etc. Have sold a few as I've promoted healthy eating by demonstrating and talking about cooking whole grains. I use the rice cooker and strainer together. Makes for a great "team". :)

Hi Karen,Thank you for reaching out with your question about the 5" and 7" strainers. As a Pampered Chef consultant, I have had the opportunity to use both sizes and can offer some insights.First, let's talk about the 5" strainer. This is a great option for smaller tasks such as rinsing berries or straining a can of beans. It's also perfect for individual portions or small dishes. The compact size makes it easy to store and it's lightweight for easy handling.On the other hand, the 7" strainer is a bit larger and offers more versatility. It's great for larger quantities, such as straining pasta or draining a pot of vegetables. The larger size also makes it ideal for mixing and tossing salads or washing larger fruits and vegetables.Ultimately, the decision between the two sizes will depend on your specific needs and preferences. If you tend to cook for smaller groups or need a strainer for more delicate tasks, the 5" may be the better choice. If you often prepare meals for larger groups or need a strainer for more heavy-duty tasks, the 7" may be a better fit.I hope this helps in making your decision. Let me know if you have any further questions or if I can assist with anything else.Happy cooking!

Question 1: What are the main differences between the 5" and 7" strainers?

The main difference between the 5" and 7" strainers is the size. The 5" strainer is smaller and more suitable for straining small quantities of ingredients, while the 7" strainer is larger and can handle larger quantities.

Question 2: Can both strainers be used for the same tasks?

Yes, both the 5" and 7" strainers can be used for similar tasks such as straining pasta, rinsing fruits and vegetables, and sifting dry ingredients. However, the 7" strainer may be more efficient for larger batches of ingredients.

Question 3: Are the 5" and 7" strainers made from the same material?

Yes, both the 5" and 7" strainers from Pampered Chef are made from high-quality stainless steel. This material is durable, rust-resistant, and easy to clean.

Question 4: Can the 5" and 7" strainers be used in the dishwasher?

Yes, both the 5" and 7" strainers are dishwasher safe. Simply place them on the top rack of your dishwasher for easy cleaning.

Question 5: Which strainer is better for draining liquids?

The 7" strainer is better for draining liquids as it has a larger surface area and can hold more ingredients. However, the 5" strainer can also effectively drain liquids for smaller quantities or for more precision in straining.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• rosecrystalcat
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rosecrystalcat
  • JaimeQ
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
  • KellyTheChef