• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did I Just Score 5 Leads From One Cooking Show?!

In summary, Marlene shared that she had 5 leads from her cooking show and that one was the hostess. She also shared that she included a coupon in her guest packets that other "genius" made. Everyone went crazy over the coupons.
fruit76loop
Gold Member
Wow! I am just so excited that I had to post! I have 5 leads from my cooking show tonight! One is the hostess and 4 are guests! This is 4 out of 10 guests! And now I have to share with you how I did it! I have attached the coupon that some other "genius" made and passed onto me! I included this coupon in my guest packets! Everyone went crazy!

Take a look!!

I am going to make that THREE FOR ME goal from Leadership!!

Attachments

• recruitcoupon.doc
    270.5 KB · Views: 1,072
That's amazing Marlene!! I'm going to have to include those in my guest packets too. I hope I get results half as good as yours!! :)

Go Becky Go!!I know you will! :D

Congrats Marlene!! I hope you sign all 5. I will be using those coupons as well. What a great idea :) Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks for sharingThis is such a great idea! I am going to use it at my show tommorrow night. I hope to get a bite or two, it would really help give me a boost seeing how I have a goal to promote to director this year! Can I just say I love this board!

Sherrie

fruit76loop: PLEASE let us know how you come out!! That's exciting! Am I figuring this out right? You will be out $50 if they are recruited..which is fine and a great promotion just seeing if I am getting the big picture?

Last edited by a moderator:
Marlene, these are great! Can you give us some more details about how you used them?

You put them in guest packets - did you have them already signed, or do that when the person talked to you?

What did you say about them? Did you mention them during the show or just ask about it when you checked them out?

I'm just thinking about how I want to talk about them, as opposed to the recruiting incentive flyer from the website about the pan.

Thanks in advance for your help!

chefloriray said:
fruit76loop: PLEASE let us know how you come out!! That's exciting! Am I figuring this out right? You will be out $50 if they are recruited..which is fine and a great promotion just seeing if I am getting the big picture?

This is the current recruit incentive, which you can see on the Pampered Chef website. If they qualify, Pampered Chef sends them the skillet. The coupon just creates excitement about it, that's all. It won't cost Marlene anything!

That's an awesome coupon, I hadn't seen it yet thanks for posting it again. I have a recruiting goal this year, so hopefully it will help. Thanks again! :D

I am so glad I have this webiste to refer to. It seems like I have been really losing it lately. Could it be I am focused on having my first child at age 34? lol Thanks again!

chefloriray said:
I am so glad I have this webiste to refer to. It seems like I have been really losing it lately. Could it be I am focused on having my first child at age 34? lol Thanks again!

If that's not a good reason, I don't know what one is! :)

WOW...what a response!
ChefLeslie said:
Marlene, these are great! Can you give us some more details about how you used them?

You put them in guest packets - did you have them already signed, or do that when the person talked to you?

What did you say about them? Did you mention them during the show or just ask about it when you checked them out?

I'm just thinking about how I want to talk about them, as opposed to the recruiting incentive flyer from the website about the pan.

Thanks in advance for your help!

I am so glad that you all liked the coupons! And as stated in one of the e-mails above, this is just the company incentive! I am just doing the coupons to create a buzz!! :D We have so many flyers and people see so many flyers often they are overlooked!

What I did with the coupons: I copied them onto card stock and I did sign them and put them into everyones folders. When I did the introductions (I always talk about what is in their folder at this point) I pointed out that everyone has a coupon for a free pan in their folder! (At this point I did not mention how they get the free pan.) As I was going through my show I referred back to the lucky attendees at the show that would be able to get this pan for free! I just kept building the excitement :p (just like the PC does for us as Conferences when the have announcements). At the close of my show I had everyone bring out their coupons and I explained to them how they could get this pan plus over $1800 in products for free for trying the PC for 3 months. This lead to tons of questions about what I do. (I pass out my "Get to know the woman who's hands are in my food" binder (bookings binder) at the beginning of the show that has copies of my paychecks in it. One question was "Are those really your paychecks?" ;) After the buzz died down I announced that I would be taking orders and those interrested could bring their coupon with them to checkout.

It was so awesome!!

"Get to know the woman who's hands are in my food" binder (bookings binder)I'd LOVE to see a copy of this binder. My "Everything you need to know about TPC" binder just gets past around and that really irritates me! :mad:

Thanks for the clarification, Marlene, that really helps me put it in context. I am SO going to try this at my show Saturday afternoon!!! :)

Wondering...by reading this post I understand that it is the recruiting/qualifying price they will get FROM the company, how can they redeem a free coupon when if they qualify they are going to get it anyway? I'm a bit confuse, it seem to me to be a really good idea. Or it is just to make them see was they could have? :confused: :confused:

sweet said:
by reading this post I understand that it is the recruiting/qualifying price they will get FROM the company, how can they redeem a free coupon when if they qualify they are going to get it anyway? I'm a bit confuse, it seem to me to be a really good idea. Or it is just to make them see was they could have? :confused: :confused:

They don't redeem the coupon, the coupon is just a different way of presenting the opportunity instead of the usual full-page flyer. It grabs their attention and is a way to talk about it, that's all.

I love these! I think they are awesome. My daughter works for a big pediatrician group and I am attaching some to mini-catalogs and leaving there....you never know! Thanks! :D

Thanks for sharing. I love to check out all the great Ideas we have! :D

ThanksI used your coupons at my show last night and I got 3 leads!! Thanks so much for posting that, I think they just helped people get more interested. Thanks!!!

Since this thread started, I've had three shows and I've used the coupons at all shows. I got a ton of bookings off of the first show because of the cookware, so I'm hoping to have at least one of those hosts become a recruiting lead. Then my show tonight netted me another recruiting lead! We shall see! :) It's definitely fun to build the excitement about it!

Becky, that's great! Can you share how you're using them? What you're saying, etc? I tried this on Saturday and got nothing, not even bookings! It was the first show I've ever had where I didn't at least get one booking, so maybe it was the crowd, but it really bummed me out...

REgarding the coupon, I pretty much do just what Marlene said she does in the post that started this thread. In terms of bookings, that just depends. I had a BIG show Friday night with about 15-18 people and got no bookings. Maybe one down the road, but nothing definite. Then last night I had a show where five people showed up....two didn't order, but one of those two is the recruit lead. I did get one booking from it for a Help Whip Cancer fundraiser in May. Sometimes the smaller shows get me more bookings. I don't think I present anything differently at them. I'm just hoping to get some more recruit leads in the next 6 weeks!! :)

Update!!Here it is for those of you who asked...the update from the post that started this thread!

My host has signed...she is doing a kickoff show on February 1st for one of the leads at the show....she is doing another kickoff on February 15th for another one of the leads at the show! So that means I have just added a Future Director to my team!! Love these coupons! So I have 3 recruits from that show (even if they aren't all personal).

(For those of you who attended Leadership....have you met the "3 for me"? :cool: This is my 2nd personal recruit for the month and my team has added 4 team members now! When I went to Leadership I had 10 on my team, and my goal was to double it...well I already have 16...so I think I should reaccess my goal to maybe triple or even quadruple my team!)

When I first started the PC I would have been devestated by only getting 1 recruit as my personal recruit; however, this goes to show you how we all grow with our business as it grows! Recruiting is a team achiement, not a persoanl one! I now realize that new team members are what is important, even if I are not listed as their recruiter!

The other 2 leads are still leads!! (just fence-sitters)

I believe that the reason why the coupons have worked for me is the way I build the excitement. It is also a great reminder to talk about the recruiting promotion and to ask everyone!

If you aren't asking everyone than you are missing the boat! When I signed as a consultant 3 years ago, my recruiter didn't even ask or mention the opportunity. Since then I have asked her why she didn't ask me. This was her reply, "I thought you were too busy since you just had a baby. She (the baby) seemed like she was a handful since she cried through the entire show and only breastfeeds and I just didn't think you would want to do what I do. I didn't want to seem pushy." WOW, she missed the boat! If I wasn't an assertive person, I wouldn't have called and asked about the business! I even asked her the "red flag" questions like, "how much did you make tonight" "how many shows do you do a month." Because of her assumptions, she decided for me that I wouldn't want to try the Pampered Chef! Little did she know, I was questioning how I was going to make ends meet without going back to my 9-5 job! So just remember, ask everyone, you never know who's life you could change!

HELP with file...I can NOT fow the life of me get this file to open. Can someone help me? Email me the document? I'd love to get a look at this!

Thanks

Sandi

This coupon really works!I decided to give this coupon a shot after seeing the results of everyone else on this board. This just happens to be a crazy PC week for me. Four shows this week on top of my 8-6 everyday job! But its turning out to be a great week thanks to these coupons.

I put one in each catalog for my show on Sunday and mentioned it at the beginning of the show. Just mentioned, didn't go into detail. Then, towards the end of the show, someone asked "Hey, did I miss it or can you explain how the coupon works and what we need to do in order to earn it for free?" Well, of course, I was more than happy to answer her question. I did a quick explanation of how it works and the reasons I became a PC consultant.

Wouldn't you know it that three guests asked me for info about becoming a consultant when we were totalling out their orders. Before I could even bring it up!!! Also got one show booking for February!

Then at my show on Tuesday, I did the same thing and again, the same question came up from one of the guests. "Can you explain how and when we get a free piece of cookware?" This show generated one recruiting lead and four bookings for February! Come on free cookware!!!!!!

Jeanmarie Toler
Pampered Chef Consultant
Brentwood, CA

Last edited:
This coupon really works!I decided to give this coupon a shot after seeing the results of everyone else on this board. This just happens to be a crazy PC week for me. Four shows this week on top of my 8-6 everyday job! But its turning out to be a great week thanks to these coupons.

I put one in each catalog for my show on Sunday and mentioned it at the beginning of the show. Just mentioned, didn't go into detail. Then, towards the end of the show, someone asked "Hey, did I miss it or can you explain how the coupon works and what we need to do in order to earn it for free?" Well, of course, I was more than happy to answer her question. I did a quick explanation of how it works and the reasons I became a PC consultant.

Wouldn't you know it that three guests asked me for info about becoming a consultant when we were totalling out their orders. Before I could even bring it up!!! Also got one show booking for February!

Then at my show on Tuesday, I did the same thing and again, the same question came up from one of the guests. "Can you explain how and when we get a free piece of cookware?" This show generated one recruiting lead and four bookings for February! Come on free cookware!!!!!!

Just one more recruit puts me at Future Director. I can totally do it using this coupon! Thanks so much for sharing!!!!!

Jeanmarie Toler
Pampered Chef Consultant
Brentwood, CA

Thank you so much for sharing the coupon with all of us!!! I tried it this past Thursday at my show and I have 2 definate recruits and 2 other leads!!! My Host is one of the definates! I am very excited and I can not wait to have them all on my team! Better yet to watch my Host's TEAM grow as well! She will be starting out great! :D

I am so excited for everyone...WOW!! You are all doing wonderful with these coupons!! It is amazing how the same benefit in a different format can help to approach the subject so successfully!! ;)

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE! Congrats to those who have had great success with these coupons! :D

Okay, I'm going to try it tonight! This is my first show in a long time where I don't know anyone including the host so, I'm really hoping that I get a recruit and some bookings out of it! :) This show will really start my year off right if I can get some leads!!! I'll let you know how I do! She's expecting 10-15 people so wish me luck!! :)

The coupon didn't work for me, but CANDY did! I bought 2 bags of candy and told everyone at the beginning of the show that for every question they asked about being a consultant or becoming a consultant would earn them a piece of candy. At the end of the night the person with the most candy would would get $5 off their order! BUT they needed to save their questions for after the food went into the oven or they'd NEVER get to eat! OH MY WORD!! I gave out an entire bag of candy in less than an hour! I just bought the mint patties for Walmart and there are 43 pieces in each bag! I have 5 people interested in being a consultant and booked 2 parties and have 4 more that want to have a parties this summer! YEAH!!

So my host who was expecting 10-15 people (originally told me 20) really only had 8 people show up and it was an older crowd. The only person who was young was 20 and is moving to Alaska with her hubby in June and she was really interested in the coupon. I'm going to send her a host packet today and see if she might want to sign. I'm going to try the coupon thing again tomorrow and also the Book to Look promo. Wish me luck!!! :D

what is the book to look promo?

Great recruit coupon!Marlene, that is a great coupon!!! So happy you got 5 leads. Unfortunately I cannot include your coupon in my folder because I don't have a show until March. Would you please post a similar coupon for March...I am not that good with designing. Hoping to get as many leads as you did. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!! :)

Monthly couponsLiz,

You know what that is a great idea! :rolleyes: I hadn't even thought of making a new coupon for March! It would of course have to be a special that was out of your pocket instead of the companies...but I would definately give a new recruit a gift when they qualify! Those 2000 points for the trip would be worth it!

What do you think? :confused: The Executive Small Saute Pan for $38.00. When I figure my discount it would be $26.60. PLUS I would get points towards my Executive Cookware!! WOW Double Bonus!! :cool:

Anyone else have any ideas? I love giving products to new recruits...but I don't want to put myself in the poor house either! :D

Cheap way to recruitWell if you think about it. We don't give recruits gifts for signing up we give them gifts for qualifying right? So let them know if they purchase their kit in March and qualify in April you can use your kit enhancement discount to purchase items at 40% off. Those items are always handy to have in case someone does qualify in April or any month after or you really need shows booked and it's a great incentive for ladies to host a show.
Just an idea.
Debbie

Great Idea!Debbie,

WOW! What a great idea! Didn't even think of kit enhancement month!!

This won't earn you any cookware, but. .Marlene,

Your coupon could offer cash back on their kit once they have qualified.

I know there are people in the business who will pay for a recruit’s kit. . .once they've qualified. You could put restrictions on the qualification -- “ qualify by the end of March” or whatever.

I may have to look into that myself. I want to promote so I can walk at Leadership. I have 3 consultants (two strong, one not so much) and a strong second line.

Perhaps this will work for someone out there

By the way, I too loved your coupon! Thanks for sharing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sassypip
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • ChefBeckyD
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
cmdtrgd
  • lockhartkitchen