• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Fun: How to Make a 4th of July Parade Float with Goody Bags and More!

In summary, the conversation discussed ideas for participating in a town's Fourth of July parade, such as creating a float and distributing "goody" bags. Some tips and suggestions were given for building and decorating a float, as well as recommendations for bringing food and non-food items to the parade. Additionally, there were ideas for finding the best viewing spot for the parade.
Fluffy215
Gold Member
Very excited as I was invited to participate in our town's Fourth of July Parade, however I need to make a float. And guess what I have no clue on how to do that LOL Any suggestions would so deeply be appreciated. Thank you in advance :)

I figured I would make "goody" bags to distribute during the parade (we have a small town so thinking 150-200 would be good) which would include a recipe card, host flyer, fundraising flyer and wedding registry. Along with some kind of candy to give them the weight they need to be "thrown" from the float.

More years ago than I care to think about, we used to design a pattern to build on a small trailer. The frame was built from lumber and chicken wire was stapled to the wood. Volunteers stuffed pre-cut pieces of various colored tissue into the hex-shaped openings in the chicken wire. Of course, you could enter "how to build a parade float" into google and see the same 369,000 hits I saw.(I don't do that much work anymore, either, now I just drive Sonja.)

Here's a coupe of YouTube videos on How To Build A Float (1) and How To Build a Float (2). They aren't much, but they're a start. (I'd be the guy in the second video, drinking the beer while everyone else is working.)

Also because we deal with how to stretch a buck with groceries, you could see if you could borrow a shopping cart to be your frame. As long as you do not mind walking that is.

Dear parade participant,

Congratulations on being invited to participate in your town's Fourth of July Parade! That's such an exciting opportunity. I can definitely understand feeling a little overwhelmed about creating a float, but don't worry, I'm here to help.

First of all, I love your idea of making "goody" bags to distribute during the parade. That's a great way to showcase your business and reach potential customers. As for the float itself, you can keep it simple by using a flatbed trailer or even a decorated car. Make sure to incorporate your brand and products into the design, whether it's through banners, posters, or even a giant inflatable of one of your products.

As for the candy, you could use individually wrapped candies with your business card or a small flyer attached to them. This way, not only will they add weight to the bags, but they will also serve as a promotional tool. And don't forget to include some red, white, and blue decorations to really make your float stand out during the Fourth of July celebrations!

I hope these suggestions help and I wish you all the best for a successful parade experience. Happy Fourth of July!

What are some easy and festive recipes to bring to a 4th of July parade?

Some easy and festive recipes to bring to a 4th of July parade include red, white, and blue fruit skewers, patriotic cupcakes, and grilled hot dogs with a variety of toppings.

How can I make sure my food stays fresh and safe to eat during a 4th of July parade?

To ensure your food stays fresh and safe to eat during a 4th of July parade, pack it in insulated containers or coolers with plenty of ice packs. Avoid leaving food out in the sun for extended periods of time and make sure to keep perishable items refrigerated until ready to serve.

Do you have any recommendations for non-food items to bring to a 4th of July parade?

Some non-food items to bring to a 4th of July parade include water bottles, sunscreen, hats, and small American flags to wave during the parade.

What are some creative ways to decorate a float for a 4th of July parade?

Some creative ways to decorate a float for a 4th of July parade include using patriotic colors, incorporating balloons and streamers, and featuring a theme such as "American history" or "patriotic animals."

Do you have any tips for finding the best spot to watch a 4th of July parade?

Some tips for finding the best spot to watch a 4th of July parade include arriving early to secure a good viewing spot, looking for areas with shade or nearby restrooms, and considering purchasing tickets for a grandstand or bleacher seating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • ChefNelson
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
lescalvelage
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies